go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 11, 2017, 08:18:56 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on May 11, 2017, 12:33:09 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on May 11, 2017, 10:13:42 AM
Way better than the duck story! God bless you and DH.

No, I loved the duck story!  My Disney-addled brain just pictures them sitting there, one is secretly knitting, gossiping about the other animals in the barnyard.  "Did you hear what Ram said about his girlfriend last night?"  "What!  Ram has a girlfriend?  How long has this been going on?" "Oh, you didn't know?  Oh yeah, Carrie, from 2 stalls down seems to be his latest."  "What about Gemma and the lambs?"  "That was so last season.  He doesn't care about her but he sees the lambs on a regular basis."  "Sure he SEES them, they only live 4 stalls away on the other side.  But does he DO anything with them?  That's the sign of a good ram Father."   :lol: :crazy:

Dymphna, you sure know a lot about what goes on in my barns. Did you not leave, as I believed, after the barn dance? Are you lurking somewhere around my farm? Well, girl, I am speechless. A regular lurky lurkerton.

Well, did YOU know about Carrie and Ram?  And I don't mean watching Ram carry Carrie off from out your window.  Haahahah!  That was hard to type, much less say!  Lurky lurkerton indeed!  Can I help it if your farm is on my route for rounds?  No.  Can I help it when the geese are too honking loud when they don't think anyone else is around to hear them?  Um...no.  Nice try Madame C (That's what the geese call you with the utmost air of respect).  Now move along, there is no loitering here.   ;)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

I guess I should say thanks for taking your time to watch over the farm here. Really. No one else has volunteered. So lurk all you want Dymph, but just remember what happens on the farm stays on the farm, unless I say otherwise!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Wow Carleen!  My post sure came across as very harsh.  I'm so sorry, I sure didn't mean it that way.  I have got to start checking for tone better than I have.   :-[
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on May 12, 2017, 10:01:08 AM
Wow Carleen!  My post sure came across as very harsh.  I'm so sorry, I sure didn't mean it that way.  I have got to start checking for tone better than I have.   :-[

Oh Dymph, all was said tongue in cheek!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Time for bed for Dymphna, I think she has some travelling to do. Her concert, remember? Her luncheon with the Stars of the concert. Hopefully Dymphna will enlist someone else to do her rounds tonight. She really needs her beauty rest. Well I need more "beauty rest" than her, but I know she wants to look her best at her concert.  :seeya: Have fun Dymph!

Bernadette

I can't make it past about 7:30 these days.  :-\ So I'm starting to wind down.
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Gotta go to bed early, too. Big celebration tomorrow. Have to stop by bakery on our way to church and see to setting up for a reception. Plus, need to be at church by 9:30 at the latest. Takes me a bit of time to get ready.

Non Nobis

Some bedtime reading:

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on May 12, 2017, 06:50:16 PM
Some bedtime reading:

Non, I try to stay away from heavy reading material for nitetime. But thank you  ;)

Carleendiane

Alright. Pace? Heinrich? Why stay away from this thread. Is it too girly? Well that's because too few men stop in and Ungirlify it. Come on and post funny jokes. I promise we'll laugh! And.....we won't correct your English, let alone your German. Wanna talk boxing? GGG, Jacobs, Cannelo, Kovalav, Ward...Hey In September GGG fights Cannelo. See, I can talk boxing. Klitchko.

Carleendiane

G-nite everyone. Been a busy few days. I'll sleep like a rock. Hopefully. Hey the parish pastor believes just having the old Mass at his parish is making the parish a holier place. :)

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 14, 2017, 07:55:51 PM
G-nite everyone. Been a busy few days. I'll sleep like a rock. Hopefully. Hey the parish pastor believes just having the old Mass at his parish is making the parish a holier place. :)

You all must be doing something right!  :)
?

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on May 14, 2017, 11:16:21 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on May 14, 2017, 07:55:51 PM

You all must be doing something right!  :)

We must be, though certainly can do more and better.

maryslittlegarden

It is 10:25 am and I am ready to go to bed. 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Carleendiane

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on May 15, 2017, 09:25:49 AM
It is 10:25 am and I am ready to go to bed.

Mary, you are off your coffee, and for good reason, I'm sure. Expect to look forward to bed all day long. Just sayin. ;)