go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Dymph, thank you for the pic, and please make sure you leave nothing undone, so hubby doesn't wake you up doing it! Close, and put laptop away, things like that.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

How did you get to know me so well?  It's kind of funny when Hubby tries to close my laptop while I'm sleeping.  Kind of similar to the times that Dad would be asleep while watching TV and I would try to change the channel or turn it off and he would wake up saying, "Hey!  I was watching that!"  I will wake up when Hubby tries to shut my laptop, "Hey, I was reading/writing/listening to that!"   :lol:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Wow!!! Almost 9. Time to.....!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Time to brush my teeth. The 4 female ducks are still laying together on the one large clutch of eggs. So stinking cute!

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 10, 2017, 07:16:26 PM
Time to brush my teeth. The 4 female ducks are still laying together on the one large clutch of eggs. So stinking cute!

That is adorable.  Such good Mommies ducks make!

So, you know Hubbies little Buddy, "J" that he is trying to mentor/scare straight?  The 11 yo.  A couple of weeks ago, bless his heart, he stank so bad Hubby had to cut their visit short.  We figure that his clothes, both clean and dirty are probably in a pile in his room and the dogs lay on it on the nasty floor (they still won't let Hubby in the house because it's "too filthy', which aids this assumption).  Grandma has called Hubby more than once to have him make J take a shower.

We decided to get him over here, wash his clothes, and have him take a shower.  I got things as prepared as I could because Hubby was taking the lead on all of this.  He took "J" to the local Goodwill Store and let him pick out 2 pair of pants and 3 shirts.  Then off to Walmart for socks, undies, and shoes (the kid has a shoe fetish!).  On their way back he informed J that Hubby was going to wash his clothes while J jumped into the shower.  And not to "rinse off" or "wet your hair" like you have been. J said, "OK." He had fighting his Grandmother for over a week about this!

They then came over here, put everything in the washer and Hubby told him to jump in the shower.  He showed J how to run the bathtub faucet and to turn the shower off and on.  He then showed him which bath scrubbie or washcloth to use (Not Dymphna's!! I heard him emphasize. It was really cute), and shampoo and soap he could use.  He must have jumped in not too long after that and we knew because he was singing.  It was absolutely adorable!  He was out just in time for his clothes to be dry so he got dressed and brought me my brush asking if I would brush his hair.  I told him I didn't have any product to put into it since I don't use it and Hubby doesn't have and hair.   :lol:  "J" seemed very concerned about that because, well, doesn't everybody put stuff in their hair?  He asked me how I kept mine so nice without putting stuff in it and told me he would bring me some of his Sister's since she had an "over abundance".  Since mine looks so nice without it, surely it would look better with it.  :doh: :laugh:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Way better than the duck story! God bless you and DH.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 11, 2017, 10:13:42 AM

No, I loved the duck story!  My Disney-addled brain just pictures them sitting there, one is secretly knitting, gossiping about the other animals in the barnyard.  "Did you hear what Ram said about his girlfriend last night?"  "What!  Ram has a girlfriend?  How long has this been going on?" "Oh, you didn't know?  Oh yeah, Carrie, from 2 stalls down seems to be his latest."  "What about Gemma and the lambs?"  "That was so last season.  He doesn't care about her but he sees the lambs on a regular basis."  "Sure he SEES them, they only live 4 stalls away on the other side.  But does he DO anything with them?  That's the sign of a good ram Father."   :lol: :crazy:
?

Carleendiane

7:36. Time for ummmmmm, no....not that,......time for.....already did that, ummmmmm, time to put on your......bedhead?
No, too soon. Time for......a glass of wine to celebrate....ummmmmm, munda's little guys birthday. Yep that's it!

MundaCorMeum

🍷🍾Kids had sparkling grape juice.  Time for rosary, cake, ice cream, and presents.  Then, bed  :cheeseheadbeer:

Carleendiane

Went outside and what do you know? My last ewe finally had her 2 babies! We started thinking she was just fat!

Carleendiane

Martin......I see you. Do you feel any better yet, my poor friend?

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 11, 2017, 07:55:31 PM

I'm so glad you said that.  I've been wondering about and praying for him like crazy.  Haven't seen him around at all and was/am getting worried about him.

Martin!  Listen to your Mama and write home!  She's worried, Martin.  Please?
?

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on May 11, 2017, 08:09:11 PM

I'm so glad you said that.  I've been wondering about and praying for him like crazy.  Haven't seen him around at all and was/am getting worried about him.

True. Been very worried also. Listen to dymph, martin. Write home. Thank you Dymphna!

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on May 11, 2017, 12:33:09 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on May 11, 2017, 10:13:42 AM

No, I loved the duck story!  My Disney-addled brain just pictures them sitting there, one is secretly knitting, gossiping about the other animals in the barnyard.  "Did you hear what Ram said about his girlfriend last night?"  "What!  Ram has a girlfriend?  How long has this been going on?" "Oh, you didn't know?  Oh yeah, Carrie, from 2 stalls down seems to be his latest."  "What about Gemma and the lambs?"  "That was so last season.  He doesn't care about her but he sees the lambs on a regular basis."  "Sure he SEES them, they only live 4 stalls away on the other side.  But does he DO anything with them?  That's the sign of a good ram Father."   :lol: :crazy:

Dymphna, you sure know a lot about what goes on in my barns. Did you not leave, as I believed, after the barn dance? Are you lurking somewhere around my farm? Well, girl, I am speechless. A regular lurky lurkerton.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 11, 2017, 08:12:48 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on May 11, 2017, 08:09:11 PM

True. Been very worried also. Listen to dymph, martin. Write home. Thank you Dymphna!

You are most welcome.  Sure wish we would hear something.  Anything.

Anyway...  Hubby had liver and onions for supper and it's just about ready to run me out of the house!  I used to like them, until I got pregnant.  The smell of it has made me sick ever since.  I can eat it all right, it's just the smell.  I know that because there's a little old lady who just loves Hubby to death.  Every year before she and her Husband drive to Arizona for the winter, she invites us over for supper.  Always liver and onions.  Fortunately she really does a bang up job of it.  It's great because I don't have to smell it all day and it's ready to eat when we get there.  Then I whip up the dishes and we are out of there!   :lol:

I didn't realize that Mother's Day was this Sunday until tonight.   :doh:  Have any of you bought flowers online before?  I did just a few minutes ago and about keeled over!  I sent some to MIL and some to my new Goddaughter's Mother.  You would have thought I bought the plot of land to grow them and hired the crew to tend them and paid for their DWIs!  Holy cow!  $50 worth of flowers turned into over $100 just because of taxes, delivery, and other fees.  Insanity!  #momsbspensive  Now my head AND my wallet hurts!  :lol:
?