go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Sitting around a campfire. Don't bother me. Unless you're Dymphna, telling me she's home and ok.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

Campfire sounds like so much fun

how long are you xamping
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on May 03, 2017, 08:28:11 PM
Campfire sounds like so much fun

how long are you xamping

Not camping, just burning, Ches. Do trads camp?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Good nite everyone! My lights are out.

christulsa

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 03, 2017, 07:04:49 PM
Sitting around a campfire. Don't bother me. Unless you're Dymphna, telling me she's home and ok.

We visited my mom tonight at her place in the country, and I almost made a fire in the backyard, which we love to do.  To sit and talk and stare into the flames with a beer in your hand.

christulsa

To do list made, evening supplements taken, long hot bath enjoyed, lights turned down, prayers said. Time for bed.

May the angels carry you to bed and lay you down on a soft bed of fresh sheets.  May your breath slow and your eyelids gradually grow heavy, as the thoughts and worries of the working day take a long time out.  To sleep.  To sleep deeply.  To sleep in a state of peace.  May your dreams be sweet and pleasant, and when you awaken in the morning remember that each day is one step closer to eternal life, another opportunity in this short life to draw close to God.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 03, 2017, 07:04:49 PM

Sorry, I'm just now seeing this.  I'm home and OK!   :seeya:  Thank you for your prayers and concern my dear friend. :grouphug:  Wonders have been worked and I thank God I'm not a man.  I would have to hire a mechanic for this water pump deal.  It's better to BE a mechanic than have to hire one!  But that's his realm, not mine (yay!).  I'll sit back and pray, bring him iced tea, make a wonderful meal, and be very appreciative.   ;) :pray3:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Not feeling well today, so will be turning in early. God bless. Feel free to come in and do what you do. I will enjoy reading it tomorrow. Or tonight if I can't sleep.

christulsa

Quote from: Carleendiane on May 04, 2017, 06:33:09 PM
Not feeling well today, so will be turning in early. God bless. Feel free to come in and do what you do. I will enjoy reading it tomorrow. Or tonight if I can't sleep.

:pray1:  Prayers that tonight you sleep like a carefree cherub on a fluffy cloud, listening to the soft strumming of harps, as you drift into a sublime state of rest and repose.

Carleendiane

Quote from: christulsa on May 04, 2017, 09:55:34 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on May 04, 2017, 06:33:09 PM

:pray1:  Prayers that tonight you sleep like a carefree cherub on a fluffy cloud, listening to the soft strumming of harps, as you drift into a sublime state of rest and repose.

Well, Chris, didn't work. Tossed and turned, as stomach churned!

Carleendiane

OPEN UP!!!!!  It is open!!!!! Who did not lock up last nite? Ok. Better day today. Not as painful, because of immodium. Don't lecture me about that nasty med. I am just a shadow of my former self. Time to turn it off or I'll be too weak to open this thread. Though I'd open early because I'll probably turn in early. So what did you all do today. Non walked. Dymphna, she searched the Web for Cinco DE mayo med for my stomach and by golly if she didn't find some!

dymphna17

Yeah, I still can't get over that.  I'm glad it sounds like you are better.   :cheesehead:  I'll just look at you with a cheesehead instead of offering you a beer.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on May 05, 2017, 04:49:09 PM
Yeah, I still can't get over that.  I'm glad it sounds like you are better.   :cheesehead:  I'll just look at you with a cheesehead instead of offering you a beer.

Thanks for your prayers, non, dymph. You had as much a hand in the upswing as any med. Two grueling weeks. Behind me!

Carleendiane

So, the choir is practicing. We said our rosary with background music. Doesn't get better than that! Practicing for Mass and our procession and consecration to Our Lady of Fatima with enrollment into the brown scapular.

Carleendiane

This Thread Is Now Open.