go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

christulsa

There is nothing like a good night of sleep.  To fall asleep fast, and to stay asleep the whole night.  To not toss and turn.  To go naturally through all the sleep cycles. To have nothing but pleasant dreams that you remember when you wake up to the rising of the sun.  To feel refreshed and ready to take on the new day.   There is nothing like a good night of sleep.

:pray1:

Carleendiane

Quote from: christulsa on April 24, 2017, 07:45:30 PM
There is nothing like a good night of sleep.  To fall asleep fast, and to stay asleep the whole night.  To not toss and turn.  To go naturally through all the sleep cycles. To have nothing but pleasant dreams that you remember when you wake up to the rising of the sun.  To feel refreshed and ready to take on the new day.   There is nothing like a good night of sleep.

Yes Chris, nothing at all like a good sleep.Your last few posts were enough to put the whole world asleep. Like a brain massage the whole world needs. Truly, if we could soothe the beast in everyone and tuck them all in for a good night's sleep, our world will be at peace.  Don'cha think?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

Just woke up from a short catnap my mom is doing the night shift here she woke me up
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on April 24, 2017, 08:24:48 PM
Just woke up from a short catnap my mom is doing the night shift here she woke me up

Would you have slept all night, Ches, if she hadn't woke you up? Just wondering. 
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

christulsa

The night shift?  Does she stay up all night, or can she catch some zzzzs too?

christulsa

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 24, 2017, 08:14:23 PM

Yes Chris, nothing at all like a good sleep.Your last few posts were enough to put the whole world asleep. Like a brain massage the whole world needs. Truly, if we could soothe the beast in everyone and tuck them all in for a good night's sleep, our world will be at peace.  Don'cha think?

I'd like to think our first day in heaven God will say for us to have a good, long sleep.  It will be pure bliss.
And when we wake up, He'll have a big breakfast prepared for us, and we'll laugh and smile about how we made it.

Carleendiane

Quote from: christulsa on April 24, 2017, 08:47:16 PM

I'd like to think our first day in heaven God will say for us to have a good, long sleep.  It will be pure bliss.
And when we wake up, He'll have a big breakfast prepared for us, and we'll laugh and smile about how we made it.

I'll bet there is not a lot of sleep in purgatory! We may be terribly tired by the time we get to heaven, so your senario could very well be   ;)

Chestertonian

Quote from: christulsa on April 24, 2017, 08:38:14 PM

The night shift?  Does she stay up all night, or can she catch some zzzzs too?

She tries to sleep but sets an alarm to wake her up every 2 hours plus any other alarms
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

G-nite all. Sleep well. Sweet dreams and God bless you, angels protect you.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 24, 2017, 07:19:58 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on April 24, 2017, 06:35:08 PM
We're ready when you all are (even though I slept until 6:00  :eek: )

Seen that pic before and laugh each time, part baby zombie, part bedhead. Who are his parents. Must see! Thanks for the laugh and pic Dymph. Is your bedhead ancestry showing itself tonight?

No, no bedhead ancestry.  However, now that I think about it, they used to call me Dandelion because the little blonde whisps that passed as hair for me until I was about 1 and 1/2 years old , stuck straight out no matter what they did to tame it.  I guess it looked like the dandelion when it turns to seed and turns white.  Other than that, ixnay on te bedheaday.  We have more of a bathroom ancestry;
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Bernadette

Thank God, I got this kind of sleep last night! :) A solid 10 hours, no tossing and turning, and no cat waking me up at 4:00.
My Lord and my God.

Chestertonian

that's a beautiful thought

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 24, 2017, 08:53:09 PM

I'll bet there is not a lot of sleep in purgatory! We may be terribly tired by the time we get to heaven, so your senario could very well be   ;)
If I were in Purgatory, and knew that the sooner my purification was complete, the sooner I'd get to heaven, there'd be no sleeping (on my part), if I had anything to say about it!
My Lord and my God.

Lynne

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 24, 2017, 08:53:09 PM

Ooo, ooo! You have to read Dante's Divine Comedy, at least the Purgatorio... Purgatory is a mountain that you have to ascend, but you can only ascend it during the day, while the sun is out.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

Open. We're open now. Just drop on in. How was your day?