go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

Quote from: christulsa on April 22, 2017, 09:27:49 PM
Slowed breathing.  REM sleep.  Dark room.  Soothing muscles.  Fading discomforts. 

A time for retreat.  A time for a break.  A time for healing the mind and body.

Sleep.  Oh welcome sleep.  Those hours when I can take a break from the grind, and from daily crosses. Oh blessed sleep, which renews my energy and spirit.

Good night princes and princesses of Suscipe Domine.   :pray1:

Sounds wonderful.. I could use soothed muscles right now
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Lynne

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 22, 2017, 07:53:10 PM
Open for business. You can rant, or complain,  cry, whine, swear....just no F bombs, and no using the Lord's name inappropriately. Other than that...hit me. Oh and if you can please post a gnite pic, I will be very grsteful.

Too late! I was already in bed asleep by 9:53 pm... Dull, dull, dull.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

dymphna17

Quote from: Lynne on April 23, 2017, 03:50:22 AM
Open for business. You can rant, or complain,  cry, whine, swear....just no F bombs, and no using the Lord's name inappropriately. Other than that...hit me. Oh and if you can please post a gnite pic, I will be very grsteful.

Don't you mean too early?  Just kidding. Are you a light sleeper?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Lynne

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 23, 2017, 04:23:15 AM

Am I a light sleeper? Not the first few hours...then,  after midnight I may wake up, look at the clock and then usually go right back to sleep.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Lynne on April 23, 2017, 09:55:49 AM

Am I a light sleeper? Not the first few hours...then,  after midnight I may wake up, look at the clock and then usually go right back to sleep.

Many times I wil, sleep soundly until 3 or 4. Wake up, and spend the rest of the night tossing and turning and no matter what, I can't go back to sleep. Then, i may get lucky and doze between 7 and 8am. I only know this because I'll remember strange little dreams!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 23, 2017, 04:04:16 PM

Many times I wil, sleep soundly until 3 or 4. Wake up, and spend the rest of the night tossing and turning and no matter what, I can't go back to sleep. Then, i may get lucky and doze between 7 and 8am. I only know this because I'll remember strange little dreams!

I do the same, except more like wake around 2 a.m. , then doze between 5 and 7. 

christulsa

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 23, 2017, 04:04:16 PM

Have you ever tried timed-released Melatonin?  I still need to restock Melatonin, thinking to try the timed-released kind.  Something I read said its good for sleeping the whole night.  When I took Ambien for a month--which I do not recommend unless you absolutely need it--I'd wake up in the middle of the night wide awake and couldn't get back to sleep.  Now I may toss and turn a bit.

Perevangelica is the resident sleep expert. She suggested eating a high protein/fat snack before bedtime.  Keeps the blood sugars more stable during the night, low blood sugar being one thing that wakes people up around 3 or 4 in the am.

Carleendiane

Going to get some of that time release kind. Just makes sense.

Wow Chris, you did my job for me! You cracked this thread wide opem! And now that it is open, come on in my fellow bedheads. Are you ready to rumble? I am just ready to tumble, right into bed to tell the truth. But come on, I'll pour you some wine.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Think about this...just think about it. If you don't go to bed.....you can't get out of bed. Getting out of bed is an often overlooked act of penance. Really  it is. You have something, upon opening your eyes, to offer up.... getting out of bed!
Getting out of bed is HARD work for some of us. Getting in bed is required for getting out of bed, you see? So go to bed. Not now of course but at the appropriate time. Then you can get up. And just think if you don't GO to bed, you can't enjoy your coffee, when you get OUT of bed. Just sayin....

christulsa

As you read this.

Your eyelids are growing heavy..
Your breathing is slowing down...
Your heart rate is lowering.....
Your mind is becoming melow.....
Your aches and pains are melting away......

The bed beckons.
The lights want to be turned down.
The pillow is fluffed, the sheets are fresh
The bedroom is now dark and quiet

Prayers said
Tomorrow's to-do-list checked
A slice of avocado and turkey eaten
Melatonin, magnesium, and Valerian root taken

Time to go to bed
To let the mind and body heal once again
After one more day meriting heaven
Until tomorrow we do it again

Carleendiane

Open now! Open and ready for all bed heads here. Even if you do not consider yourself a bed head, you are. Yes, sad but true. We are a race of bedheads. Truth. It's a proven fact. OK. So you sleep on a futon. Ok. Then I guess you are a futon head. But deep down, I think you know ....you are of the bedhead tribe. I mean....you haven't always slept on  a futon. Cheer up. It's not a nasty thing to be a bedhead. We've had some remarkable bedhead warrors. General Patton was a bedhead.

maryslittlegarden

Bedhead is my look
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Carleendiane

It can be a very good look. Looks better than a long time nonsleeper. Sorry Dymphna. That's a good look too, if you're fond of zombies. Now the zombie look is going out of fashion and the bedhead look is in.

dymphna17

We're ready when you all are (even though I slept until 6:00  :eek: )

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 24, 2017, 06:35:08 PM
We're ready when you all are (even though I slept until 6:00  :eek: )

Seen that pic before and laugh each time, part baby zombie, part bedhead. Who are his parents. Must see! Thanks for the laugh and pic Dymph. Is your bedhead ancestry showing itself tonight?