go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

+JMJ+

Good Night All!  Send your Guardian Angels to someone in need tonight, unless you are that person.  And if that is the case, get over to the Prayer Intensions section pronto and tell us about if you would like to, or just sign in.

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

No more gloom I promise. I feel the light and know I am near the end of my distress. Nothing has really changed, so maybe I have changed just a little, through chastisement and love. I do hope so

So, it seems my last ewe is very late having her babies. She may not be overdue, but certainly became pregnant late in the season! Can't believe she actually is pregnant she's so late.

Go on. Hop in jammies. Brush teeth and read me a book!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

Quote from: christulsa on April 20, 2017, 09:00:01 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on April 20, 2017, 08:15:22 PM
So, I went but could not sleep. I thought I was exhausted  but not quite , I see. Any one up?

Dern it, I only have one 1 mg Melatonin left.  Better stock up tomorrow.  Turning down the lights now...

Carleen, Ches, PerEvangelica, everyone, have a comforting, restful retreat this night from the aches and pains of daily life.  May the angels massage your temples.  May your pillow and bed soothe your discomforts.  May a gentle wave of serenity calm the mind as it drifts into God's own repose.  May only pleasant and rejuvenating dreams occupy your sleeping mind.  And when you awaken, may the morning lift your body and soul like a gentle ocean breeze, to seize the new day, a gift from God, and to make the best of every blessed day in this short valley of tears.
wow Chris you could do thoseguidee meditation videos
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

christulsa

Didn't get around to stocking up on melatonin today but no worries, I have magnesium citrate I take each night which is good for sleep.

May the lights of the evening dim softly and slowly as the waters of a hot bath are poured.  Soft sheets and pillows beckon.  The stresses of a day of work and prayer subside.  The eyes relax and begin to close.  Tomorrow will be another day, but for now is the rest of night.  Lie down and let your weary worries fade.  As the head gently settles on the pillow, the muscles of the neck and back relax.  Take a deep breath and let rest overtake you.  Within minutes your mind will become quiet and drift into sleep.  The angels will guard your mind so you have holy and pleasant dreams.  When the morning rays of sunlight enter the room, you will remember God's gift of life, and gladly accept the day for all God has blessed you with, including your crosses and comforts.

:pray2:

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on April 21, 2017, 07:15:57 PM
So, I went but could not sleep. I thought I was exhausted  but not quite , I see. Any one up?

Dern it, I only have one 1 mg Melatonin left.  Better stock up tomorrow.  Turning down the lights now...

Carleen, Ches, PerEvangelica, everyone, have a comforting, restful retreat this night from the aches and pains of daily life.  May the angels massage your temples.  May your pillow and bed soothe your discomforts.  May a gentle wave of serenity calm the mind as it drifts into God's own repose.  May only pleasant and rejuvenating dreams occupy your sleeping mind.  And when you awaken, may the morning lift your body and soul like a gentle ocean breeze, to seize the new day, a gift from God, and to make the best of every blessed day in this short valley of tears.

Yes Chris, I agree with Ches. Read me a  book? This is good night poetry. Needs a pic to accompany it  :)

Quote from: christulsa on April 21, 2017, 07:24:46 PM
Didn't get around to stocking up on melatonin today but no worries, I have magnesium citrate I take each night which is good for sleep.

May the lights of the evening dim softly and slowly as the waters of a hot bath are poured.  Soft sheets and pillows beckon.  The stresses of a day of work and prayer subside.  The eyes relax and begin to close.  Tomorrow will be another day, but for now is the rest of night.  Lie down and let your weary worries fade.  As the head gently settles on the pillow, the muscles of the neck and back relax.  Take a deep breath and let rest overtake you.  Within minutes your mind will become quiet and drift into sleep.  The angels will guard your mind so you have holy and pleasant dreams.  When the morning rays of sunlight enter the room, you will remember God's gift of life, and gladly accept the day for all God has blessed you with, including your crosses and comforts.

Thanks Chris. How lovely and a perfect send off  to slumberland. I could fall into a peaceful sleep now after rereading that!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 21, 2017, 08:07:10 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on April 21, 2017, 07:15:57 PM

Yes Chris, I agree with Ches. Read me a  book? This is good night poetry. Needs a pic to accompany it  :)

Quote from: christulsa on April 21, 2017, 07:24:46 PM

Thanks Chris. How lovely and a perfect send off  to slumberland. I could fall into a peaceful sleep now after rereading that!
me too
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

dymphna17

Good for you Chris!  All calm, cool, and collected.  Sweet dreams, wrapped in Our Lady's mantle, fellow forum friend!  You too, Ches, Carleen, Bernadette, Lynne, Miriam, Non, Munda, orate where ever you are, and all those who's names escape me right now!  :pray2: :pray1:   :pray3:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 21, 2017, 08:09:03 PM
Good for you Chris!  All calm, cool, and collected.  Sweet dreams, wrapped in Our Lady's mantle, fellow forum friend!  You too, Ches, Carleen, Bernadette, Lynne, Miriam, Non, Munda, and all those who's names escape me right now!  :pray2: :pray1:   :pray3:

Thanks Dymphna. Do you think your crazy head would allow you to post a pic tonight, please?

Carleendiane

Good night, Jaca, Christina, Kaese, Bon, Martin, Heinrich,, Elizabeth, Michael Wilson, Akavit, H&B  and Attiret, Gardener, Greg, Anastasia, Jubilate, Daniel, Quarem?, Miles, OC, Laus...wherever you are, .....and those I've forgotten....it's a long list, isn't it Dymph?

christulsa

Carleendiane

Open for business. You can rant, or complain,  cry, whine, swear....just no F bombs, and no using the Lord's name inappropriately. Other than that...hit me. Oh and if you can please post a gnite pic, I will be very grsteful.

dymphna17

MAY ALL YOUR NIGHTS BE AS BEAUTIFUL AS THIS KANSAS SUNSET, See, you can find beauty that God has left even where you don't expect it.

?

christulsa

Slowed breathing.  REM sleep.  Dark room.  Soothing muscles.  Fading discomforts. 

A time for retreat.  A time for a break.  A time for healing the mind and body.

Sleep.  Oh welcome sleep.  Those hours when I can take a break from the grind, and from daily crosses. Oh blessed sleep, which renews my energy and spirit.

Good night princes and princesses of Suscipe Domine.   :pray1:

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 22, 2017, 08:05:28 PM
MAY ALL YOUR NIGHTS BE AS BEAUTIFUL AS THIS KANSAS SUNSET, See, you can find beauty that God has left even where you don't expect it.

If that's a Kansas sunset I want to be there for at least one I  my  lifetime!  My dear Dymphna, thank you for posting that   ^^^^.

Carleendiane

Quote from: christulsa on April 22, 2017, 09:27:49 PM
Slowed breathing.  REM sleep.  Dark room.  Soothing muscles.  Fading discomforts. 

A time for retreat.  A time for a break.  A time for healing the mind and body.

Sleep.  Oh welcome sleep.  Those hours when I can take a break from the grind, and from daily crosses. Oh blessed sleep, which renews my energy and spirit.

Good night princes and princesses of Suscipe Domine.   :pray1:

Chris, I have a sweet rocking chair you could use while you poetry us to sleep. Off to get my melatonin. Don't start yet Chris, I don't want to miss a single word,!