go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on March 26, 2017, 06:48:56 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on March 25, 2017, 10:06:30 PM

Hubby just told me to get my fat butt in bed!... Anyway, I kicked him and told him to shut up his trap. We both laughed and I did not go to bed. So there!

[sarcasm]You mean you disobeyed your husband!!!!  And answered him back so disrespectfully!!!!  Woman, don't you know your place!?![/sarcasm]   :laugh:

Orate, I think I may have just found my place!!!!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Lynne

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 20, 2017, 06:54:44 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on March 20, 2017, 05:52:39 PM
Well, my bread turned out tasty and pleasantly light and springy, but I miss the wheat-y taste of "real wheat" flour; the store only had "white wheat" in my aunt's preferred brand, and it just doesn't taste the same.  :shrug: Good news is, the recipe only made two loaves, so I'll be able to experiment with it soon, and see why it "does what it does," by careful substitution of ingredients. For science!  :pigeons:

Yes, for science. I can't remember the last time I used a recipe for bread. There is not one I would actually follow. I modify all recipes whether for soups or casseroles or what ever. Ricipes launched me but as soon as I got the basics user my belt I flew solo. Once you understand the chemistry or interaction of ingredients, you can soar. You can take a so so recipe and modify until it's a special and favorite dish. But unless you understand the basics you're probably better off following recipes. Unless you understand which spices are complimentary to one another and which are not, use a recipe.

I wish you could teach me...

Oops! The thread wasn't officially open!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

We are wide open now!  OK Lynne, you can come live with ME Now you and I will teach you!  But, you may end up having to feed the geese and ducks. Maybe throw a flake to the Rams and ewes. Do remember I have cutie little lambs.

To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

I said...OPEN!!!! Totally open now.  Bring in your heavy burdens and throw them in the corner. That's right....heave those suckers. Forget about them for a couple hours.

Bernadette

I just love you Carleen.  :lol:

I'm thinking about dinner. I need to eat, but I don't want to eat.
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on March 26, 2017, 06:26:13 PM

But you must eat. How else you going to come back here and wax profound, my dear.

And I love you too, bird.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 26, 2017, 06:29:16 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on March 26, 2017, 06:26:13 PM

But you must eat. How else you going to come back here and wax profound, my dear.

And I love you too, bird.
:beer: I talked myself into a bowl of cereal. It's so perfect for these situations. :)
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Going to bed in an hour or so and was wondering if all my peeps can be accounted fot. Not to worry, I'll leave a light on. And my dog at the door with your slippers!

Carleendiane

Ok. Ask yourself. "Can I do anything about this TONIGHT, orTOMORROW?" If not, then go to sleep or just don't carry the worry all day. Worry about what you're going to do, when it's time or close to time to do something.

Bernadette

But a lot of stuff, I can actually do things about tonight. Night is really just an extension of working hours, now that we have modern conveniences. ;)
My Lord and my God.

dymphna17

Good night, God bless, and sweet dreams all.

Oh, and no more migraine!!  It's time to do the Snoopy Dance!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Bernadette

Quote from: dymphna17 on March 26, 2017, 09:02:43 PM

Good for you, Dymphna!  :beer:

I wish I could dance like Snoopy. I've never seen another cartoon character express so much joy through movement. I think it's the ears...

Anyway: cocoa time! :grin:
My Lord and my God.

dymphna17

Quote from: Bernadette on March 26, 2017, 09:04:41 PM

Good for you, Dymphna!  :beer:

I wish I could dance like Snoopy. I've never seen another cartoon character express so much joy through movement. I think it's the ears...

Anyway: cocoa time! :grin:

The ears and the parenthesis on either side of his feet.  I tried to find one of him dancing with Woodstock, but the ones I did find really didn't look like Woodstock was as ecstatic about my migraine being gone as Snoopy and I are.   ;) 8) 
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on March 26, 2017, 09:00:04 PM
But a lot of stuff, I can actually do things about tonight. Night is really just an extension of working hours, now that we have modern conveniences. ;)

Bird. This is about not stressing out or losing sleep over "it". If you WANT TO stay up and work then you are a big girl a and probably know if you should or shouldnt. You know, I meant  more stressful than finishing a quilt or something equally lovely. 

LETS ALL DO THE SNOOPY DANCE. DYMPHNA'S MIGRAINE IS GONE!!!!!

Bernadette

Quote from: dymphna17 on March 26, 2017, 09:10:05 PM
The ears and the parenthesis on either side of his feet.  I tried to find one of him dancing with Woodstock, but the ones I did find really didn't look like Woodstock was as ecstatic about my migraine being gone as Snoopy and I are.   ;) 8)

And how both feet are off the ground at once!  :P As for Woodstock's inability to be quite at Snoopy's level of joy: every little bit helps, and I'm sure he does his little Woodstock-best. ;)
My Lord and my God.