go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist this little face!  If looks could kill, I'd be dead a thousand times over.  Those gorgeous brown eyes are shooting daggers right through you.  So anyway, don't tell me what to do.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Chestertonian

In bed all day but home with my boys, the Mrs should be home soon.  Today was her last day of work before her 6 weeks of medical leave.

What did everyone do today
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Bernadette

I did laundry and various tiny things on my "to do" list, and various organizational tasks. So satisfying. I love the feeling of accomplishment. :) Now I'm looking forward to a cup of cocoa, an audiobook, and bed.
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on March 24, 2017, 03:54:15 PM
In bed all day but home with my boys, the Mrs should be home soon.  Today was her last day of work before her 6 weeks of medical leave.

What did everyone do today
Quote from: Bernadette on March 24, 2017, 05:20:38 PM
I did laundry and various tiny things on my "to do" list, and various organizational tasks. So satisfying. I love the feeling of accomplishment. :) Now I'm looking forward to a cup of cocoa, an audiobook, and bed.

Was such a balmy windy day I wandered the property and checked out my lambs. So cute. Cleaned a bit for choir and now just resting and waiting for bed.  Chest glad you got to spend time with boys and glad this was wife's LAST day for a while.

Bird, I know how a productive day feels, though it's been a while! Glad you are pleased with you day!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Bird, would you be so kind to supply a pic for go to bed? Not so good at it. Though I am good at innumerable things, just not a techie.   :) I can throw a party, that counts, right? Wow the parties we've had! Nothing tops the barn dance in Mary's Garden. I realize Obrien started it but we all ran with it. Still looking for Dymphna's Harley in my cornfield.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 24, 2017, 06:35:04 PM
Bird, would you be so kind to supply a pic for go to bed? Not so good at it.
Google Images is happy to be of service to us. :)

My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on March 24, 2017, 06:37:28 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on March 24, 2017, 06:35:04 PM
Bird, would you be so kind to supply a pic for go to bed? Not so good at it.
Google Images is happy to be of service to us. :)

That is just lovely my bird. Thank you.

dymphna17

Found it!  We had to trailer it out of the cornfield, but she looks to be in pretty good shape.  Started the day a little notch lower on the pain level than what I went to sleep with!!  Could have called it a successful day right there, but noooo, I had rounds to do, people to see, and places to go {we are still in virtual mode here, right? Right.}  Most importantly I found the leak in the pipe under the bathroom sink before it ruined everything under there!  Scooooore!  I need to make a trip over to the 'Thanks God' thread.

Good picture find, Bernadette!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on March 24, 2017, 06:51:21 PM
Found it!  We had to trailer it out of the cornfield, but she looks to be in pretty good shape.  Started the day a little notch lower on the pain level than what I went to sleep with!!  Could have called it a successful day right there, but noooo, I had rounds to do, people to see, and places to go {we are still in virtual mode here, right? Right.}  Most importantly I found the leak in the pipe under the bathroom sink before it ruined everything under there!  Scooooore!  I need to make a trip over to the 'Thanks God' thread.

OK dymph, you really found the leak? Not virtually? But you virtually found the bike, right. I was beginning to think the barn dance really happened. Glad it did not because it was a drunken hootenany. Dancing and pants and sleeping it off.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 24, 2017, 07:01:16 PM

OK dymph, you really found the leak? Not virtually? But you virtually found the bike, right. I was beginning to think the barn dance really happened. Glad it did not because it was a drunken hootenany. Dancing and pants and sleeping it off.

The bolded section is why you make sure you've got a comfortable seat on the bike.  There's nothing like sleeping under the stars on your bike after an awesome hootenany!   ;)  Leak real, me riding my Harley into a corn field?  I think not!   8)
?

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on March 24, 2017, 07:21:24 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on March 24, 2017, 07:01:16 PM

The bolded section is why you make sure you've got a comfortable seat on the bike.  There's nothing like sleeping under the stars on your bike after an awesome hootenany!   ;)  Leak real, me riding my Harley into a corn field?  I think not!   8)

Got it. Thanks for clearing things up for me!! So that beautiful pink  Harley I thought I was seeing out in my field did not exist.kinda like seeing pink elephants.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 24, 2017, 08:31:23 PM
So that beautiful pink  Harley I thought I was seeing out in my field did not exist.kinda like seeing pink elephants.

You know, it took me years to realize that Dumbo had unwittingly gotten drunk, when he saw those pink elephants in the movie.   ::) How common is that expression, anyway? Would it have been understood by adult viewers at the time of the movie's release (I think mid-late 1940s)? I think I've been operating under the assumption that it came from the movie!  :rofl:
My Lord and my God.

dymphna17

Alas!  I bid you good night.  Sleeping while the thunder rolls is a childhood dream of mine.  Sweet dreams my Peeps and may God keep you all so you see tomorrow's light.   8)

I said goodnight Bernadette!  Carleen!  It's .... um... 9:34.  That is not late, is it?  Dang it!  How did I let things go this far?  Time for some soul searching.  Sorry guys.   8)

I've checked my Harley over and had it washed and it's all good.  I'll put it back in the field.  You can see it from your window?  I will put it back and ride my Heritage for a while.  When it is time to clear the field, I'll come to get it.  No worries.   ;)   :beer:

?

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on March 24, 2017, 08:55:42 PM
Alas!  I bid you good night.  Sleeping while the thunder rolls is a childhood dream of mine.  Sweet dreams my Peeps and may God keep you all so you see tomorrow's light.   8)

I said goodnight Bernadette!  Carleen!  It's .... um... 9:34.  That is not late, is it?  Dang it!  How did I let things go this far?  Time for some soul searching.  Sorry guys.   8)

I've checked my Harley over and had it washed and it's all good.  I'll put it back in the field.  You can see it from your window?  I will put it back and ride my Heritage for a while.  When it is time to clear the field, I'll come to get it.  No worries.   ;)   :beer:

Yup, that's the one! Gotta hit the hay. Keep nodding off! Good nite!

Carleendiane

Open. So stinking open. No doubt. This is open so cone tell me something I don't know!