go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 22, 2017, 07:13:42 PM
Good morning is not going so well, let's open up here and see how we do....Ches, Birdie, Jayne? Come on over and we can all talk about going to bed. A nice simple good night discussion.

Oh, yes please. :) I'm dying to go to bed, but I need to eat first. Life sort of..got in the way.  ::)
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on March 22, 2017, 08:39:08 PM
That was hilarious, Orate!  Your fingers do some really good walking (a spoof on an old saying, you may not be of an age to get it, Orate or Carleen).

So, ladies, going to bed..any thoughts?  My thought on it is that I really need to do laundry.  Now that it's cold here again, for the next few minutes anyway, I pulled out my last dying pair of warm pj's.  The long sleeved top is red (I'll bet you see where I'm going here) with peppermint sticks tied together with green ribbon.  The bottoms (the fact that there are bottoms tells me that I wasn't the one who bought them) are white with peppermint sticks and green ribbon all over the place.  Like I said, it's time to do laundry!!! 

Haven't seen you around much today, Carleen.  Was it choir day, today?  Or maybe the munchkins stopped by to visit and take care of anything you needed?  Whatever the reason, I hope it was a happy one. 

So, Miss Orate is a middle of the road sleeper.  I don't think I've ever met such a person.  But it's really nice to know you are out there.  Not alone I hope.

And Non, Bernadette, everyone else?  How's life?

I remember let your fingers do the walking. I'm old, remember dymph?  Oh I was here.. Got smashed in general Catholic discussion. Some guy asked me what I'm doing here if I don't believe the family is the bedrock of Catholic life. HuH????
He doesn't know me or he would not have said that. Don't worry dymph, I set him strsight! And charitably, too. Love you, sleep tight my little ones. Bird, you hear me? Orate, Non,  Ches, everyone? . Sleep tight, whatever that means!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Open! Come on in. Make yourself comfortable. Don't bring a thing, unless it's really special, because we have it all in our virtual world.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 22, 2017, 09:58:29 PM
Sleep tight, whatever that means!
If you'd really like to know, I can tell you.  :grin:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on March 23, 2017, 05:39:32 PM

Sleep drunk? I don't know maybe you should tell me bird. My little linguist.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 23, 2017, 06:12:21 PM

Lol, no. Not drunk. It comes from the old practice of using rope, woven in a crosshatch pattern, to support the mattresses in wooden beds. The rope would be passed through holes in the sides of a wooden bedframe, woven, secured, and "tightened" every night with a special "key," to keep the mattress from sagging. "sleep tight" meant that you wished the person's mattress wouldn't sag, and had been properly adjusted before sleep to prevent a sudden midnight mishap. ;) I found this described in great detail in Slave Narratives and a few other sources.
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on March 23, 2017, 06:48:53 PM

Lol, no. Not drunk. It comes from the old practice of using rope, woven in a crosshatch pattern, to support the mattresses in wooden beds. The rope would be passed through holes in the sides of a wooden bedframe, woven, secured, and "tightened" every night with a special "key," to keep the mattress from sagging. "sleep tight" meant that you wished the person's mattress wouldn't sag, and had been properly adjusted before sleep to prevent a sudden midnight mishap. ;) I found this described in great detail in Slave Narratives and a few other sources.

Wow bird, you don't even want to hear what my next guess was going to be  :hide: :whistling:

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 23, 2017, 07:27:56 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on March 23, 2017, 06:48:53 PM

Wow bird, you don't even want to hear what my next guess was going to be  :hide: :whistling:
I didn't even know there was another guess coming, and can't think of any other logical guess, so I'll take your word for it.  ;)
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

So....guess what? I do believe I am on the upswing. I am healing. I cut my son's hair today. How very normal!

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 23, 2017, 07:30:32 PM
So....guess what? I do believe I am on the upswing. I am healing. I cut my son's hair today. How very normal!

Hooray! Great news!  :cheer:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on March 23, 2017, 07:31:29 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on March 23, 2017, 07:30:32 PM

Hooray! Great news!  :cheer:

Yes, I do believe I have rounded the proverbial corner!

orate

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on March 23, 2017, 07:42:50 PM

Thanks Orate! Good night. Sleep well so you can get up and post a happy Friday pic!

Bernadette

Quote from: orate on March 23, 2017, 07:42:50 PM

I want to be the teddy bear ('cause she looks so cozy), and have the teddy bear to snuggle.  :huh:  :confused:  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Ok. Throwing in the towel. Yep I'm done in. Been playing some electrifying games of spider solitaire. Time to turn in. Don't let that stop you from,posting. I like to read about what went on after I turn in. Dymphna, don't want to see you were posting in the 4 o'clock thread. You hear me? Bird, same goes for you. Non? You staying up late? Well you don't need me telling you what to do, but the other two......well you know. They may still need me to tell them what to do. Maybe.