go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

But Ches, you now understand what is just mystery to me...music. it is like physics and chemistry. Just a mystery. You understand musical theory. Not me. I have an excellent ear that can pick out a wrong note. That's it. Please don't think I don't appreciate the loss of making music. That is like losing a loved one, almost.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Ok. Time to open and party a nice subdued party. Wine for those who have not given it up. Beer for Laus, if he would just stop in. It's cold and his favorite kind. Red white and blue.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Well, my bread turned out tasty and pleasantly light and springy, but I miss the wheat-y taste of "real wheat" flour; the store only had "white wheat" in my aunt's preferred brand, and it just doesn't taste the same.  :shrug: Good news is, the recipe only made two loaves, so I'll be able to experiment with it soon, and see why it "does what it does," by careful substitution of ingredients. For science!  :pigeons:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on March 20, 2017, 05:52:39 PM
Well, my bread turned out tasty and pleasantly light and springy, but I miss the wheat-y taste of "real wheat" flour; the store only had "white wheat" in my aunt's preferred brand, and it just doesn't taste the same.  :shrug: Good news is, the recipe only made two loaves, so I'll be able to experiment with it soon, and see why it "does what it does," by careful substitution of ingredients. For science!  :pigeons:

Yes, for science. I can't remember the last time I used a recipe for bread. There is not one I would actually follow. I modify all recipes whether for soups or casseroles or what ever. Ricipes launched me but as soon as I got the basics user my belt I flew solo. Once you understand the chemistry or interaction of ingredients, you can soar. You can take a so so recipe and modify until it's a special and favorite dish. But unless you understand the basics you're probably better off following recipes. Unless you understand which spices are complimentary to one another and which are not, use a recipe.

Carleendiane

Going to bed early. Maybe I will actually get up early? It could happen!

Carleendiane

Oops for got to open up....if only to say goodnite. Not yet, in an hour or so.

orate

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 21, 2017, 07:17:45 PM
Oops for got to open up....if only to say goodnite. Not yet, in an hour or so.
I'm hoping to go early, myself. I've been tired all day, but have been worried that if I nap, it'll mess with my internal clock even more, and I'll never get it "re-set." Tiredness is so much harder for me to offer up than hunger. Weird. :huh:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 20, 2017, 06:59:48 PM
Going to bed early. Maybe I will actually get up early? It could happen!

Good nite Orate. Good nite Birdie.

Bernadette

Quote from: orate on March 21, 2017, 07:21:25 PM

;D That kitten's got a "lion cut" and it's saying its prayers! 12/10!
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Good morning is not going so well, let's open up here and see how we do....Ches, Birdie, Jayne? Come on over and we can all talk about going to bed. A nice simple good night discussion.

Carleendiane

All we need is a good night picture.

orate

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Thank you, Orate. You are a peach.

dymphna17

That was hilarious, Orate!  Your fingers do some really good walking (a spoof on an old saying, you may not be of an age to get it, Orate or Carleen).

So, ladies, going to bed..any thoughts?  My thought on it is that I really need to do laundry.  Now that it's cold here again, for the next few minutes anyway, I pulled out my last dying pair of warm pj's.  The long sleeved top is red (I'll bet you see where I'm going here) with peppermint sticks tied together with green ribbon.  The bottoms (the fact that there are bottoms tells me that I wasn't the one who bought them) are white with peppermint sticks and green ribbon all over the place.  Like I said, it's time to do laundry!!! 

Haven't seen you around much today, Carleen.  Was it choir day, today?  Or maybe the munchkins stopped by to visit and take care of anything you needed?  Whatever the reason, I hope it was a happy one. 

So, Miss Orate is a middle of the road sleeper.  I don't think I've ever met such a person.  But it's really nice to know you are out there.  Not alone I hope.

And Non, Bernadette, everyone else?  How's life?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica