go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

By the way my very precious peeps, we are open for business. Tips for the thread moderator allowed.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Ok, I retract my mention of tips. I will work for free, I will. Totally free!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Momoko and I are enjoying a scone: she "invited herself" and is eating the crumbs.  ::) Must be true about cats liking butter! I added extra chocolate chips (go big or go home) and kept them in the oven an extra minute or so, to make them crunchy on the outside.  :thumbsup:
My Lord and my God.

orate

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on March 17, 2017, 07:16:21 PM

Thank you orate. That's a lovely good night. So good night my friend.

JubilateDeo

Still awake making a sheet cake, a lamb cake, and PokePuffs.  The sheet cake and lamb cake are for our church's St. Joseph's table and the PokePuff cupcakes are for my daughter's Pokemon themed birthday party tomorrow.  I got absolutely nothing done because both kids were so eager to "help" and I felt guilty not letting them help so I tried giving them opportunities to help when possible, which delayed the whole process significantly

Carleendiane

Quote from: JubilateDeo on March 17, 2017, 08:36:23 PM
Still awake making a sheet cake, a lamb cake, and PokePuffs.  The sheet cake and lamb cake are for our church's St. Joseph's table and the PokePuff cupcakes are for my daughter's Pokemon themed birthday party tomorrow.  I got absolutely nothing done because both kids were so eager to "help" and I felt guilty not letting them help so I tried giving them opportunities to help when possible, which delayed the whole process significantly

You're a good woman, jubilate. It's late, you're tired, yet there you are baking and its after 10:30. That's dedication. God bless your effort. For church AND daughters birthday. Hope it all turns out perfect for you. Some of my worst outcomes happen when I'm tired, but then, you are a baker. You can probably do this in your sleep.  :)

Carleendiane

G-nite all. I'm done. Until tomorrow!

Bernadette

Awww, lamb cake!  ;D How'd you make the "wool"?
My Lord and my God.

PerEvangelicaDicta

Good night, all.  May St. Patrick watch over us as we sleep. I hope I dream of his fortitude.  How adventurous! 

One more day until St. Joseph's feast!
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Non Nobis

Went to Friday Pre-Sanctified Liturgy at a local Byzantine Church. Beautiful. I especially like the exquisite singing of " Let my prayer arise like incense before You, and the lifting up of my hands as an evening sacrifice" (part of Psalm 140).  Had delicious soup in hall afterwards.

Now I'm up too late...

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

JubilateDeo

Quote from: Bernadette on March 17, 2017, 09:29:52 PM
Awww, lamb cake!  ;D How'd you make the "wool"?

The star tip!

I'm leaving the  PokePuff toppings until my daughter wakes up in the morning--she was DYING to put the toppings on.  The Bible is looking a little tacky, but by that point, I was so tired and ready to fall over so I just tried to finish it as fast as I could. 

Bernadette

That lamb looks so adorable! And so pleasantly cuddly, too!  ;D
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Jubilation those are lovely baked goods, but you know the lamb takes the cake  ;)

maryslittlegarden

Those are beautiful, Jubilate. 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace