go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Yes Ches, despite the fire, every moment was worth it. Older son will not forget dad at piano, and younger son will be blessed by the time you spent with older son, whether he knows it or not. That memory for older is worth the pain you caused for yourself. I know diassociation. Happens easily for me when I am having an especially sweet moment with the grandkids. I can rock and rock a baby. Doesn't matter what part of my body is barking at me. I just sing the louder or rock harder. Pain just can't rise above a particularly sweet moment.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Really. Open this dang thing up! Well, because I said so. It's time! Yep. Come on in. How was yer day?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

So......Bird, Dymphna, Non, and all, what did you do today? Orate? Ches? How was your day? Mine was tiring but delightful. Grandkids had so much to tell me! And daughter and son bought me a whole beautiful set of dishes? No cheesy motif, no chips, no missing pieces. Really, what am I gonna do with these beauties?

Carleendiane

Nite my friends? See you for coffee, or tea if you must  ;)

dymphna17

You all have such amazing families.  Ches, you may have given the oldest son the physical gift of music, but your youngest son will have the gift of coming from a musical family.  Your talent will be passed on, if for no other reason than you making sure of it.  You will make sure he has lessons as well and his talent, if he has any, and how could he not?  Look who's son he is? He will be given the gift of a musical family.  That's not something that happens in every family.  I'm not being as eloquent as I would like to be right now, but I hope you get my drift Ches. 

Yes, Sweet Carleen, I'm here.  I swear I've not been drinking.  Just feeling very sentimental with this migraine.  I sure wish I could put this to some kind of good use.  But they have changed over from the hammer to the very lovely sledge hammer.  This has only taken 2 hours to typel.  Imagine what I could do in 3!  Good night all, sweet dreams, God bless, and the Angels keep you.   :pray3:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

martin88nyc

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 16, 2017, 08:30:12 PM
I must join the SD Tea club. 
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

orate

Good night and God bless you, my friends.
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Bernadette

Quote from: martin88nyc on March 16, 2017, 08:43:09 PM
We have scones, you know: blackcurrant, cranberry, or orange-chocolate chip. White or milk chocolate, your choice. But not cream scones: cream and butter.  :thumbsup: They're pretty much the only thing that I can bake these days, and not be nervous that they're going to do something... unexpected.  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on March 16, 2017, 08:42:51 PM
You all have such amazing families.  Ches, you may have given the oldest son the physical gift of music, but your youngest son will have the gift of coming from a musical family.  Your talent will be passed on, if for no other reason than you making sure of it.  You will make sure he has lessons as well and his talent, if he has any, and how could he not?  Look who's son he is? He will be given the gift of a musical family.  That's not something that happens in every family.  I'm not being as eloquent as I would like to be right now, but I hope you get my drift Ches. 

Yes, Sweet Carleen, I'm here.  I swear I've not been drinking.  Just feeling very sentimental with this migraine.  I sure wish I could put this to some kind of good use.  But they have changed over from the hammer to the very lovely sledge hammer.  This has only taken 2 hours to typel.  Imagine what I could do in 3!  Good night all, sweet dreams, God bless, and the Angels keep you.   :pray3:

And what beautiful sentiment Dymphna. Yes, Ches will leave a legacy for his family to savor. So will my husband. If it weren't for him I'm not sure I could have cultivated musical and artistic talent. We were not able to provide lessons in these efforts, but God, and husband, always allowed a large part of our lives to be steeped in the development of these talents. And the end product somehow turned out to be professional level. In music, singing, portrait drawing, graphic art, writing music, directing music, mostly sacred, but some secular, just so much talent that could have gone to the wayside, but didnt, by the grace of God and a brilliant husband who knew what to encourage and how to encourage it.

Those nasty nasties are back, huh? Well my prayers for your stupid head Dymphna. I went through tremendous digestive and elimination problems, and referred to my stomach as my stupid stomach. So now I call your head your stupid head. No insult intended, dymph. Now go fix that stupid head of yours.  ;)

Edit to include: I have no wish to brag, it's just that I am mystified and amazed what God can do with us. Really, you just can't make these things happen. Well, at least I cant. :)

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Bernadette on March 17, 2017, 01:27:04 AM
We have scones, you know: blackcurrant, cranberry, or orange-chocolate chip. White or milk chocolate, your choice. But not cream scones: cream and butter.  :thumbsup: They're pretty much the only thing that I can bake these days, and not be nervous that they're going to do something... unexpected.  :lol:

I want a cream tea party.  Actually, just want to move to England for their tea. And scones.  And clotted cream.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Carleendiane

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on March 17, 2017, 11:57:30 AM
Quote from: Bernadette on March 17, 2017, 01:27:04 AM

I want a cream tea party.  Actually, just want to move to England for their tea. And scones.  And clotted cream.

Oh MLG, you and bird do like the good sweet things in life (England, I mean)

Bernadette

I vote we do the next best thing: watch Ruth Golding make clotted cream on Edwardian Farm:beer: And stuff ourselves with scones and homemade whipped cream. Of course.  ;)
My Lord and my God.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Bernadette on March 17, 2017, 02:13:47 PM

I vote we do the next best thing: watch Ruth Golding make clotted cream on Edwardian Farm:beer: And stuff ourselves with scones and homemade whipped cream. Of course.  ;)

I am more than likely going to have scones, jam, and tea when I get home from work.  Edwardian Farm would be a bonus.  Actually most likely will be Irish music for awhile and then Edwardian Farm. 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Bernadette

I'm making scones right now!  :grin: Recipe makes 8 but I made 6 huge ones, instead. And oh-so-soon, I will be enjoying a fresh one with a cup of cocoa.  :P
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Oh yum. I wish we were neighbors.