go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Bernadette on March 05, 2017, 08:26:27 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on March 05, 2017, 08:21:54 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on March 05, 2017, 06:31:44 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on March 05, 2017, 06:29:45 PM
Eyore is cool. And warm and fuzzy. One of my favorite WTP characters.

I've always identified more strongly with Piglet, myself. But I have a soft spot for Eeyore, because he seems like he really wants people to love him, he's just not sure how to let them.

This is me!  Growing up, my best friend and I always related to Pooh and Piglet.....her being Pooh and me being Piglet.  I was her Piglet ;)  my 8 year old has a stuffed Eeyore and Kanga.  My oldest has a stuffed Piglet.  We are working on the whole collection!

My purist side hopes that you're going for the "Gund Classic" editions! They're so much more faithful to the illustrations. Though Ikea's big kangaroo and Joey would make an excellent Kanga. I want bookish children so badly!  :lol:

Bookish children are wonderful!

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Bernadette on March 05, 2017, 08:32:12 PM
Yep. IV and gas (first experience with either). Getting my wisdom teeth out was one of the best things that ever happened to me (certainly the easiest mid-range medical procedure)!  :grin: Haven't I told you, how I got to go home and sleep the rest of the afternoon, and when my aunt woke me up she gave me a huge bowl of chocolate ice cream, and a plate of scrambled eggs and cheese grits? How can I not love all of that, wrapped up in one package?  :lol: If I could go through the whole thing again tomorrow, I'd do it in a heartbeat with absolutely no reservations whatsoever.

You're so kind  :skeptical:

Carleendiane

Yep. IV and gas (first experience with either). Getting my wisdom teeth out was one of the best things that ever happened to me (certainly the easiest mid-range medical procedure)!  :grin: Haven't I told you, how I got to go home and sleep the rest of the afternoon, and when my aunt woke me up she gave me a huge bowl of chocolate ice cream, and a plate of scrambled eggs and cheese grits? How can I not love all of that, wrapped up in one package?  :lol: If I could go through the whole thing again tomorrow, I'd do it in a heartbeat with absolutely no reservations whatsoever.

Oh Bird, maybe I'll go get some teeth pulled and come to your house for my recovery! You guys have any vodka?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 05, 2017, 08:35:47 PM

Oh Bird, maybe I'll go get some teeth pulled and come to your house for my recovery! You guys have any vodka?

Yes. Two bottles of Skyy in the freezer. Though I don't think it would "like" your pain meds very much.
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on March 05, 2017, 08:42:43 PM

Yes. Two bottles of Skyy in the freezer. Though I don't think it would "like" your pain meds very much.

Well, I know that. It was just hypothetical. I am not drinking and drugging. What kind of mother you think I am?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 05, 2017, 08:49:25 PM

Well, I know that. It was just hypothetical. I am not drinking and drugging. What kind of mother you think I am?

Alas, Carleen, I've always been too literal. Yet another thing that I've never been able to shed from my early years, I guess. It makes for these...slightly awkward exchanges. On the bright side: should make relating to children that much easier. ;)
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on March 05, 2017, 08:52:52 PM

Alas, Carleen, I've always been too literal. Yet another thing that I've never been able to shed from my early years, I guess. It makes for these...slightly awkward exchanges. On the bright side: should make relating to children that much easier. ;)

Oh yes  bird, kids are very literal. Except when they're not.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 05, 2017, 09:00:28 PM

Oh yes  bird, kids are very literal. Except when they're not.

Except when they are trying to get out of trouble...then, they can be quite vague.

Carleendiane

That's why I love you bird. Still somewhat  childlike. And you are very good at seeing the bright side. Tell me again why I hurt so bad.

Bernadette

I'd have to work on my "people reading" skills, if I ever had children, then. :skeptical: That's what you're telling me, isn't it?  :P
My Lord and my God.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 05, 2017, 09:10:11 PM

Tell me again why I hurt so bad.

Sure! ;) When St. Teresa's father was in his last illness, he was plagued by an excruciating pain in his shoulders; St. Teresa reminded him how devoted he had always been to the part of Our Lord's Passion in which He carried His cross. Her father was all: "Hey! You're right!" And it helped him to bear the pain better. Better?

QuoteThat's why I love you bird. Still somewhat  childlike. And you are very good at seeing the bright side.
Must be why I've had such a strong, sudden attraction to St. Therese's "Way of Spiritual Childhood:" it's like I suddenly realized that this particular aspect of my character can actually be put to some pretty good use!  ;D
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

I agree. And remember the flesh torn from and exposing his ribs? And I agree.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 05, 2017, 09:17:12 PM

When I was little, I used to have an illustrated prayerbook that my grandma gave me for my First Communion, and when I first saw the illustration of Jesus hanging on the cross, with the wound in his side, I remember thinking: "Hey! Jesus has a scar, just like me!"  :lol: Only mine's on my left side, from heart surgery when I was a baby.
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on March 05, 2017, 09:33:54 PM

When I was little, I used to have an illustrated prayerbook that my grandma gave me for my First Communion, and when I first saw the illustration of Jesus hanging on the cross, with the wound in his side, I remember thinking: "Hey! Jesus has a scar, just like me!"  :lol: Only mine's on my left side, from heart surgery when I was a baby.

But you were relating to his wound. At that moment you joined your wound with his. That is beautiful. I have not one memory about having a beautiful thought that may have pleased our LORD! Very sad really.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 05, 2017, 09:39:37 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on March 05, 2017, 09:33:54 PM

But you were relating to his wound. At that moment you joined your wound with his. That is beautiful. I have not one memory about having a beautiful thought that may have pleased our LORD! Very sad really.
You must not have needed one. God led you to Himself along other ways. And this is the first time that I've ever considered that thought as particularly "good," so... :shrug:
My Lord and my God.