go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

Getting ready to sleep

Tomorrow they said they had a priest who says mass to the chapel and if there are enough people interested they will bring us downstairs with a nurse

If not they said they will have him come up to give me communion/hear confession  I'm still not sure about communion but maybe confess
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Bernadette

Quote from: Chestertonian on March 04, 2017, 07:59:19 PM
Getting ready to sleep

Tomorrow they said they had a priest who says mass to the chapel and if there are enough people interested they will bring us downstairs with a nurse

If not they said they will have him come up to give me communion/hear confession  I'm still not sure about communion but maybe confess

Ches, I'm not trying to pressure you into anything (especially since if you're not "really ready," Communion could really make you even more scrupulous), but try looking at it like this: if your doctor told you that you needed a certain medicine, and you knew it was for your good, wouldn't you take it? If you go to confession, tell the priest that you're scrupulous. It's a huge underlying factor in why you can only seem to focus on the things that you do (and why you're focusing on them without any peace or spiritual benefit- in case someone argues that the things that you're focusing on are objectively good and thus helps to further encourage you in them)
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

I agree with bird, Ches. After confession, receive our Lord. Who better to help sort out what you got going in that scrupulous head of yours!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Don't go to bed yet. That would be silly unless you'really Ches, who needs sleep alot. Otherwise, just get some pj's on. Well decide where to go from there.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Done! ;) I'm wearing my favorite ones: the fleecey Eeyore ones, with the "ears" attached to the shirt (which is meant to look like a giant Eeyore face). Our neighbor gave them to me, as a surprise Christmas gift the year that my uncle died, which makes them extra-favorites.  :grin: That act was so helpful to me, in forming a positive view of him.
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Eyore is cool. And warm and fuzzy. One of my favorite WTP characters.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 05, 2017, 06:29:45 PM

I've always identified more strongly with Piglet, myself. But I have a soft spot for Eeyore, because he seems like he really wants people to love him, he's just not sure how to let them.
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on March 05, 2017, 06:21:45 PM
Done! ;) I'm wearing my favorite ones: the fleecey Eeyore ones, with the "ears" attached to the shirt (which is meant to look like a giant Eeyore face). Our neighbor gave them to me, as a surprise Christmas gift the year that my uncle died, which makes them extra-favorites.  :grin: That act was so helpful to me, in forming a positive view of him.

Positive view of neighbor or Eeyore? Bird?

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 05, 2017, 07:19:44 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on March 05, 2017, 06:21:45 PM

Positive view of neighbor or Eeyore? Bird?

Oh, sorry: neighbor!  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Bernadette on March 05, 2017, 06:31:44 PM

I've always identified more strongly with Piglet, myself. But I have a soft spot for Eeyore, because he seems like he really wants people to love him, he's just not sure how to let them.

This is me!  Growing up, my best friend and I always related to Pooh and Piglet.....her being Pooh and me being Piglet.  I was her Piglet ;)  my 8 year old has a stuffed Eeyore and Kanga.  My oldest has a stuffed Piglet.  We are working on the whole collection!

Bernadette

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on March 05, 2017, 08:21:54 PM

This is me!  Growing up, my best friend and I always related to Pooh and Piglet.....her being Pooh and me being Piglet.  I was her Piglet ;)  my 8 year old has a stuffed Eeyore and Kanga.  My oldest has a stuffed Piglet.  We are working on the whole collection!

My purist side hopes that you're going for the "Gund Classic" editions! They're so much more faithful to the illustrations. Though Ikea's big kangaroo and Joey would make an excellent Kanga. I want bookish children so badly!  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Oh, piglet, I mean munda, it's nice to see you. Hope you and kids are well. I liked collecting characters for the kids.They would play for hours with them. Breyer horses too.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Bernadette on March 03, 2017, 01:24:59 AM
Quote from: JubilateDeo on March 03, 2017, 01:22:39 AM
I had to have an IV when I had my wisdom tooth out today, and they had to make multiple attempts.  I was so stressed about it, that they gave me  nitrous oxide.  I wish that were an option in hospitals!  It calmed me down really quickly and then they were able to get the IV in easier.

I had both: the gas, and then this IV that puts you out juuust enough so you don't remember anything afterward. It was great. :)

Wait, what?! An IV for wisdom teeth?? I'm so jealous!  I had....nothing.  I was a good 24 years old when I had all four removed, and he gave me a Rx for some Valium, "in case I needed it."  I didn't fill it, because I react weird to meds, so was nervous.  I thought they were going to knock me out when I got there, too. Not so much. 8 shots in the mouth later, some impacted teeth, and I could still feel it. I started crying and told him I could feel it, and he fussed at me because, "oh, come on...you're not twelve". Then gave me 4 more shots. Horrible experience.  My husband had words with him after.  Needless to say, I've never gone back to that guy for any dental work, whatsoever.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 05, 2017, 08:27:01 PM

Oh, piglet, I mean munda, it's nice to see you. Hope you and kids are well. I liked collecting characters for the kids.They would play for hours with them. Breyer horses too.

We are well, thanks, Carleen.  Trying our best to live Lent.  It's easy here at the beginning  ;). Catch me again at the end, and I may respond differently  :P

Bernadette

Yep. IV and gas (first experience with either). Getting my wisdom teeth out was one of the best things that ever happened to me (certainly the easiest mid-range medical procedure)!  :grin: Haven't I told you, how I got to go home and sleep the rest of the afternoon, and when my aunt woke me up she gave me a huge bowl of chocolate ice cream, and a plate of scrambled eggs and cheese grits? How can I not love all of that, wrapped up in one package?  :lol: If I could go through the whole thing again tomorrow, I'd do it in a heartbeat with absolutely no reservations whatsoever.
My Lord and my God.