go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 27, 2017, 08:51:08 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on February 27, 2017, 08:10:53 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on February 27, 2017, 07:53:06 PM
Alright ladies and germs!!  Go to bed is now officially open!  We can't let the place fall apart while Carleen is gone.  So bring your jammies as well as your jams.  Come in to chat or just say good night and God bless.   8)

You're a good woman, dymphna  :). The kids want to make a human pyramid tonight, so we are gearing up for that.  Then, dessert and bed.  Cupcakes with strawberries and chocolate sauce.  Happy Lundi Gras!

And Happy Lundi Gras to you all as well!  You are going to post pictures of your human pyramid, right?  Pllleeeaaassse!

We totally dropped the ball on that  :-\. We were all too stuffed after dessert to try it.  Maybe today!  we would be lucky to get a picture....not sure if I can make that work, or not

dymphna17

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on February 28, 2017, 11:35:43 AM
Quote from: dymphna17 on February 27, 2017, 08:51:08 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on February 27, 2017, 08:10:53 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on February 27, 2017, 07:53:06 PM
Alright ladies and germs!!  Go to bed is now officially open!  We can't let the place fall apart while Carleen is gone.  So bring your jammies as well as your jams.  Come in to chat or just say good night and God bless.   8)

You're a good woman, dymphna  :). The kids want to make a human pyramid tonight, so we are gearing up for that.  Then, dessert and bed.  Cupcakes with strawberries and chocolate sauce.  Happy Lundi Gras!

And Happy Lundi Gras to you all as well!  You are going to post pictures of your human pyramid, right?  Pllleeeaaassse!

We totally dropped the ball on that  :-\. We were all too stuffed after dessert to try it.  Maybe today!  we would be lucky to get a picture....not sure if I can make that work, or not

Ha!  That would be hard to do after a desert like that.   :laugh:  Yes, today will be better!  As far as pictures go, just give the camera to your Guardian Angel and he'll take care of the rest.   ;)  Seriously though, don't worry about pictures.  You just get in there and have a ball with your kids.  That's not something you see too many parents doing these days but is of the utmost importance.  Let us know how it turned out.   ;)   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

orate

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

dymphna17

Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear!  Carleen is going to have my head on a platter!  The Go To Bed Thread is now open! Cook's and jammies, no wait, Jam and cookies and anything else you are imbibing in on this Fat Tuesday.  You are all in bed now, aren't you.   :skeptical:  I'm in big trouble.   :doh:

She gives me one job...  *sigh  :-[
:trainwreck:

Although, it looked like Orate did a great job!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Dymph, I don't think bird is busy at this time of nite......
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

bedtime! Let's just think about it. It's only 830 orate. Really. Just get your Jammie on. Dymphna has the jams. We could play virtual tag. But Ches. That super duper roadster isn't allowed. We could blow off the oldster.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

So I am now on number 10, IV . My  body keeps developing trouble at every site they can only use one arm, but theyou can use both feet if they have to. They are trying to avoid a more permanent method. I only need it until Sat at the most. Had a good time with my husband tonight! Found a decent charbroiled Salmon dinner. I had car broiled chicken. But, we enjoyed each others company today.was a scary day due to some trouble popups, but that's all worked out!

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on March 02, 2017, 07:31:13 PM
So I am now on number 10, IV . My  body keeps developing trouble at every site they can only use one arm, but theyou can use both feet if they have to. They are trying to avoid a more permanent method. I only need it until Sat at the most. Had a good time with my husband tonight! Found a decent charbroiled Salmon dinner. I had car broiled chicken. But, we enjoyed each others company today.was a scary day due to some trouble popups, but that's all worked out!

True. Both my sister and I had to have so many IVs when we were in the NICU, that our feet still have scars from them. We used to count them, to see who had the most.  ::) I like to think that I won (can't remember after so many years, and I think she's probably over that kind of sibling competition, so there's no finding out for sure now).  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Bernadette on March 02, 2017, 07:33:52 PM

True. Both my sister and I had to have so many IVs when we were in the NICU, that our feet still have scars from them. We used to count them, to see who had the most.  ::) I like to think that I won (can't remember after so many years, and I think she's probably over that kind of sibling competition, so there's no finding out for sure now).  :lol:
I used to be IV fed. Parenteral nutrition. The nurses had to switch my arm every other day to prevent infection from developing. It was painful after a while.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Non Nobis

Carleen,

Just popped in to say hello for the first time since your surgery.  Sure good to see you with your happy spirit again!  I know you are still hurting, but hopefully it is getting better and you are on the mend.  (Just watch your salt intake! Don't want swollen anything)

Good night!

:cheeseheadbeer: (real warm wishes, virtual beer - for me, that is)
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Chestertonian

Ach, iv issues are no fun

Do they have an iv whisperer.  Every hospital seems to have a few.  Sometimes your floor nurse really thinks she knows what she's doing and then 5 punctured veins later still no "jackpot " when I still had the temporary iv, at one point they were like "we have to call in Lori" and she comes down and hits  the jackpot in 60 seconds
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Chestertonian

How are the animals holding up I bet that the ram is missing you
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Bernadette

Quote from: Chestertonian on March 03, 2017, 12:28:24 AM

Those baby lambs are wanting snuggles. :)
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on March 03, 2017, 12:28:24 AM

Ha ha Ches. He was just saying he wants to meet you, Ches.

Chestertonian

Uh oh. Can you trust him? He must know I'm a city boy and don't know the etiquette protocol for rams