go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

900 is Jammie time. It is. So go get them on, just in case you fall asleep on me. Bird, get me on. I know you have the softest Jammies around. I know this. Plus slippers.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 26, 2017, 07:46:13 PM
Hey, I just realized I will be in host for ash weds. Boooooo. It's too far way for my priest to come. He will be doing TLM. I am sad I'll miss it.

Wow. Lenten penance, straight from God's own hands. Snap it up, Carleen; attagirl.  :thumbsup:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on February 26, 2017, 08:24:15 PM
Hey, I just realized I will be in host for ash weds. Boooooo. It's too far way for my priest to come. He will be doing TLM. I am sad I'll miss it.

Wow. Lenten penance, straight from God's own hands. Snap it up, Carleen; attagirl.  :thumbsup:

You betcha, bird!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 26, 2017, 08:04:16 PM
900 is Jammie time. It is. So go get them on, just in case you fall asleep on me. Bird, get me on. I know you have the softest Jammies around. I know this. Plus slippers.

I really do.  :grin: Those fluffy, "popcorn fleece" type, which stay softer and fluffier so much longer than flannel, and some "brushed" fleece/short pile "fur" type...idk what the fabric is, really, but it has a "nap." Lol: Pajamas; nap.  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

Non Nobis

Quote from: Bernadette on February 26, 2017, 08:24:15 PM

Our SSPX priest only comes in on Sundays, so I'll miss Mass too (we'll get our ashes next Sunday).

But you definitely beat me as to penance, Carleen. Straight from God's own hands is the best kind.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

dymphna17

Alright ladies and germs!!  Go to bed is now officially open!  We can't let the place fall apart while Carleen is gone.  So bring your jammies as well as your jams.  Come in to chat or just say good night and God bless.   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 27, 2017, 07:53:06 PM
Alright ladies and germs!!  Go to bed is now officially open!  We can't let the place fall apart while Carleen is gone.  So bring your jammies as well as your jams.  Come in to chat or just say good night and God bless.   8)

You're a good woman, dymphna  :). The kids want to make a human pyramid tonight, so we are gearing up for that.  Then, dessert and bed.  Cupcakes with strawberries and chocolate sauce.  Happy Lundi Gras!

Bernadette

Wait...where's Carleen? Is she...Is she not coming?  :-\
My Lord and my God.

dymphna17

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on February 27, 2017, 08:10:53 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on February 27, 2017, 07:53:06 PM

You're a good woman, dymphna  :). The kids want to make a human pyramid tonight, so we are gearing up for that.  Then, dessert and bed.  Cupcakes with strawberries and chocolate sauce.  Happy Lundi Gras!

And Happy Lundi Gras to you all as well!  You are going to post pictures of your human pyramid, right?  Pllleeeaaassse!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on February 27, 2017, 08:13:03 PM

I'm here bird. Just a little ragged. I mean, I am out of my element. No vodka, either.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 27, 2017, 09:11:58 PM

I'm here bird. Just a little ragged. I mean, I am out of my element. No vodka, either.

Oh, good! :) I was all ready to start missing you.  :grouphug: Now I don't have to. Here, virtual drinkies:

Want snacks, too?
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

I have the cutest tiny Filipino nurse, who still has a lot of accent. She is about 4 foot 8 and about 50 and her laugh lights up the room. We have already shared stories and laughs. I just want to hug her and her fly away messy hair. You would love her. Her name is Virgie.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on February 27, 2017, 09:14:58 PM

Oh, good! :) I was all ready to start missing you.  :grouphug: Now I don't have to. Here, virtual drinkies:

Want snacks, too?

Oh yes. I've had one small meal today. I love peanut butter filled pretzels. Bird, see if you can scrounge some up please. You sounded happy I showed so I am happy to! How very frog and toad!

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 27, 2017, 09:21:30 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on February 27, 2017, 09:14:58 PM

Want snacks, too?

Oh yes. I've had one small meal today. I love peanut butter filled pretzels. Bird, see if you can scrounge some up please. You sounded happy I showed so I am happy to! How very frog and toad!

That's one of the first books I ever remember reading from, in school. That, and something about "A Pig and a Pencil." And a series of stories that were read aloud, in which the letters were charachters, and each letter's "sound" was its dialogue. Those were particularly fun. I liked "E" the best.:P
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

BIRD...THANKS FOR THE  PRETZEL  :P