go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Quote from: Bernadette on February 17, 2017, 07:36:50 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on February 17, 2017, 07:25:54 PM
Scrabble's always been my favorite too!  Oh, and Bernadette, you're welcome.   ;)  That Vermont Country Store is addictive in and of itself.  That doesn't count the stuff inside.  I'll take a Malomar as long as it has the raspberry stuff inside, if you have any left.   :pray1:  Please let her have some left!

Gotta ask Carleen; I don't even like marshmallow.   :tinfoil:

I can see that.  Thank you.  Kind of like chocolate for me, I only like it certain ways at certain times.  The only time I can see chocolate and marshmallow getting together is with raspberry jam.  Carleen!  Any left?  Any crumbs or smears left?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 17, 2017, 08:05:52 PM
Scrabble's always been my favorite too!  Oh, and Bernadette, you're welcome.   ;)  That Vermont Country Store is addictive in and of itself.  That doesn't count the stuff inside.  I'll take a Malomar as long as it has the raspberry stuff inside, if you have any left.   :pray1:  Please let her have some left!

I can see that.  Thank you.  Kind of like chocolate for me, I only like it certain ways at certain times.  The only time I can see chocolate and marshmallow getting together is with raspberry jam.  Carleen!  Any left?  Any crumbs or smears left?

Oh dymph, I think we cross posted. Read above. I do have some left. And we maybe starting a scrabble game!

I loved the marshmallow on raspberry on cookie. Mallo rolled in coconut. Had those as a kid.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 17, 2017, 08:10:30 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on February 17, 2017, 08:05:52 PM

Oh dymph, I think we cross posted. Read above. I do have some left. And we maybe starting a scrabble game!

I loved the marshmallow on raspberry on cookie. Mallo rolled in coconut. Had those as a kid.

Oooo coconut!  Now that I would like in anything.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Bernadette

Look who's got 'em!  :grin:

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/store/jump/productDetail/Candy/Candy/Candy/Toasted_Coconut_Marshmallows/67269

Personally, I'm dying to try these, after re-reading Little House in the Big Woods last night. Maple sugar leaves! Canadians, feel free to partake, too!  :beer:

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/store/jump/productDetail/Candy/Candy/Vermont_Maple_Leaf_Candy/14955
My Lord and my God.

MundaCorMeum

I'm in for scrabble!  I love that game.  But, only if Jayne's not playing, or is on my team....her vocabulary is too rich for my blood. 

Bernadette, those links didn't work for me, but.....every time we make a caramel sauce for popcorn, the kids get out ice cubes, to try and make caramel candies a la  Little House.

Carleendiane

In my opinion, I think it's time to get ready for bed. Tomorrowe is a big day, right? So go slip into your jammies. In your jammies make dinner and think about how you want to spend your evening. Reading, writing, drinking, eating, gaming, or whatever. Get a plan. It's a big nite. Yes siree! Adults nite. After kids go to bed. Early. Throw books at em. Let them read to each other. The get out your entertainment implements! Icebbucket, tonic water, joke book, olives, or fruits, sweet and lovely beer steins. Cards, game boards, guns, whatever! Anything goes! Gonna be a fun one. Maybe.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

I forgot. Get that rosary said before the party. Really. Is there even one good reason not to?

orate

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

Bernadette

^ I'm tempted to blow out the insides of some eggs and paint the shells like that for Easter! :)
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: orate on February 18, 2017, 08:09:36 PM

But orate, the party has just begun! It's only 9:20! Come back and think about this.

dymphna17

Nah, there's got to be a first one down.  After that everyone can sit back and relax.  Sweet dreams and a pleasant tomorrow, Orate!   :cheeseheadbeer:  Now, who's got the dice?  Pass the vodka and cranberry please.   :swoon2:
?

Bernadette

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 18, 2017, 10:15:48 PM
Nah, there's got to be a first one down.  After that everyone can sit back and relax.  Sweet dreams and a pleasant tomorrow, Orate!   :cheeseheadbeer:  Now, who's got the dice?  Pass the vodka and cranberry please.   :swoon2:

That Orate, takin' one for the team like that.  :thumbsup:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Bird, Dymph, good night. I am tired. Dymph, I really tried to drum up a party, I did, but hey, if they're not going to come, they're not going to. Too little to late Dymphná.. Really sorry about this. Here she iis, all dressed up and nowhere to go. Sorry Dymph and Bird. I had a good hot cocoa recipe. Bummer.

Carleendiane

Right now.6:25. Get things lined up. You are probably doing dishes after a fine Sunday dinner. So what did you eat? And for dessert? We went out to Applebee's for lunch/dinner.  Only dishes are from breakfast.  They can wait until until tomorrow. I would be happier to have a bunch of dishes. That would mean lots of my peeps here. Can't have too much interaction. Can't catch a cold or flu before my big day. So it will be a lonely week. Plus the university hospital is so complicated and huge it is like being at Detroit Metro! Huge parking garages, valets......if I were alone, I don't know if I could find my way to where I'm going!  So visitors may be few.

Anyway, back to the line up. Say rosary. Make kids get into jammies. Play a game with them. Let them laugh and show off for a bit. My living room is big enough for 3 kids to do cartwheels at the same time. That's part of the fun, going to gramma's. The yard has lots of swings, climbing ropes, and things to jump off of. This is like wonderland to little kids. So much room, animals and barns to explore, of course with an older child or adult! I wish I were a kid again! 8 would be a great age. The grandkids are like sunshine on a crappy day. They are in /out, in/out, sweaty and dirty. Big smiles and bigger stories!

So Sunday nite....let them babble and watch this mom, watch this! Let them get it all out. You must, if you want a peaceful evening. If they don't get it all out, they will not be able to sleep. Kids have so much to say and show you. Then they can  slow their little brains down enough to feel sleepy. Sleepy is a funny things. They can be ever so tired, but sleepy is required for them to actually go to bed and sleep instead of restless legs syndrome in children, that propels them to the toilet 5 times and put their feet on sibling closest to them. Yes little children have restless legs syndrome when they haven't expended enough energy before bed time :)

I know, I'm all over the map here. Nothing really makes sense, but babbling is an art form. I cab babble with the best of them, as you can see.

orate

Quote from: Bernadette on February 18, 2017, 10:22:56 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on February 18, 2017, 10:15:48 PM

That Orate, takin' one for the team like that.  :thumbsup:

I'm usually early to bed, so I guess I'll be taking one for the team regularly.  ;-)
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")