go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Non Nobis

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 12, 2017, 08:26:23 PM
Soooo. Let's celebrate. We hit 100! It's a keeper!. But we knew that

Congratulations Carleen, for your 100 page and growing thread "go to bed"! Quite an accomplishment.

AND I BEGAN A NEW ERA:  page 101

And 1500 posts.  This is so thrilling!

Now I get to "go to bed".  Goodnight all!
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

Non, I don't know what to say! Your pure joy for this milestone is humbling. Really humbled. *She weeps*  Hope you slept well my friend.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

"Go to bed" is now open for all those laying around in their pjs, all the sickiès, all the sad and lonely. Bring a bottle, medicinal of course, and we will do a toast together just because.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

maryslittlegarden

How about the wannabees?   :cheeseheadbeer:
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on February 13, 2017, 03:31:36 PM
How about the wannabees?   :cheeseheadbeer:

I'm quite certain you don't wannabee sick with whatever I have  :P. But, we shall be happy to have the moral support!  You can toast for me.....I don't have the energy, anyway.  Just toast quietly......my head hurts. 

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 13, 2017, 03:24:33 PM
"Go to bed" is now open for all those laying around in their pjs, all the sickiès, all the sad and lonely. Bring a bottle, medicinal of course, and we will do a toast together just because.

I've got half a gallon of electrolyte-rich switchel!  :beer: You'll have to dilute it some, though, since I apparently added too much vinegar.  :-\
My Lord and my God.

dymphna17

Say a little prayer for me please.

pretty please.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

Chestertonian

Praying for dumphna what is switchel
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 13, 2017, 07:29:09 PM

pretty please.

You ARD COVERED. WE KNOW WHAT TO DO. WHO TO GO TO FOR YOU DYMPH. We're on it my dear frien?. Be at peace!

MundaCorMeum

Non Nobis

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 13, 2017, 08:02:22 AM
Non, I don't know what to say! Your pure joy for this milestone is humbling. Really humbled. *She weeps*  Hope you slept well my friend.

It proves I am a night person.  I couldn't show such enthusiasm in the morning (even if I would feel it underneath)
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Non Nobis

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 13, 2017, 07:29:09 PM

pretty please.

Absolutely  :pray2:

dymphna17

Thank you all so much for your kindness and generosity!  I believe you have saved me from a hospital visit.  God bless you all!   :grouphug:   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"