go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Quote from: JubilateDeo on February 09, 2017, 04:39:32 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on February 09, 2017, 04:06:15 PM
I know it's not time yet, but I'm too excited to wait and I don't know where to put this news.  His Eminence Raymond Cardinal Burke is giving the 2nd annual Defense of the Faith Lecture tomorrow in Kansas City and I get to go!!  Hubby has gone back and forth as to whether he'll let me go alone (he's got to be to work at 4 am Saturday morning), but finally gave me the go ahead.  It's going to be terribly interesting.  Did I say I was excited?
Why wouldn't he let you go alone?

It's an hour to an hour and a half drive from here, it will be at night when he's sleeping, and he didn't know what part of town it was in.  He was picturing me alone on the side of the road with a flat tire in a seedy part of the city that I'm not necessarily familiar with, after dark.  It has been a while since I've done anything like this.  It's sweet, but I had to remind him that I'm not completely helpless.   :laugh:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Lynne

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 09, 2017, 05:31:39 PM
Quote from: JubilateDeo on February 09, 2017, 04:39:32 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on February 09, 2017, 04:06:15 PM
I know it's not time yet, but I'm too excited to wait and I don't know where to put this news.  His Eminence Raymond Cardinal Burke is giving the 2nd annual Defense of the Faith Lecture tomorrow in Kansas City and I get to go!!  Hubby has gone back and forth as to whether he'll let me go alone (he's got to be to work at 4 am Saturday morning), but finally gave me the go ahead.  It's going to be terribly interesting.  Did I say I was excited?
Why wouldn't he let you go alone?

It's an hour to an hour and a half drive from here, it will be at night when he's sleeping, and he didn't know what part of town it was in.  He was picturing me alone on the side of the road with a flat tire in a seedy part of the city that I'm not necessarily familiar with, after dark.  It has been a while since I've done anything like this.  It's sweet, but I had to remind him that I'm not completely helpless.   :laugh:

Woo hoo!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

dymphna17

Quote from: Bernadette on February 09, 2017, 05:21:05 PM
You gonna record it on your phone and upload it for us?  :grin:

If I can figure out how to do that, I will.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Yahoo! So happy for ya, Dymph, this IS exciting news. We will await your impressions, synopsis, and anecdotes about the evening!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Day is done. For sùre. Make no mistake. This day is over Just having a nice drink, then toddlng to my bed and throwing in the towel for the day. I am shot. It's been great, but I am done. To zGod bless everyone!morrow will be as sweet as tofday, I'm sure. Even if it's not, at least sleep under my belt will  ?et me through!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Alright, my fellow bed heads. How about a drink?  Just a little drink. Then we'll tip toe off to bed.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 10, 2017, 07:28:11 PM
Alright, my fellow bed heads. How about a drink?  Just a little drink. Then we'll tip toe off to bed.

Sounds good to me!  But, I've got four extra boys tonight to get ready for camping.  A glass of wine is definitely in order.  They are just getting started.

Carleendiane

Even in the midst òf your madhouse, you are up for a good night nightcap..Here's to you!  :cheeseheadbeer:

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 10, 2017, 08:12:18 PM
Even in the midst òf your madhouse, you are up for a good night nightcap..Here's to you!  :cheeseheadbeer:

It's because I'm in the midst of a madhouse  ;)  :cheeseheadbeer:

MundaCorMeum

It's only 2 in the afternoon, but I'm jumpstarting the thread early.  I'm exhausted!  I'm not only in bed, but I've changed into my pj's, too.  Boys had a great time, but I need a nap!

Carleendiane

OK munda, you opened the bed head thread, you have to keep it going.  ;)

Lynne

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on February 11, 2017, 02:16:05 PM
It's only 2 in the afternoon, but I'm jumpstarting the thread early.  I'm exhausted!  I'm not only in bed, but I've changed into my pj's, too.  Boys had a great time, but I need a nap!

Finally! I can participate in this thread!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Bernadette

I just want an excuse to snuggle into my new pillows!  ;D Actually, they're hand-me-downs from my aunt: she doesn't like them after they start to get broken in. But I love them!  :grin:
My Lord and my God.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 11, 2017, 02:20:20 PM

I should've kept it going....my nap did not pan out  >:(.  That always seems to happen when I plan to nap.  Oh well.  I'll try again later.  Since its the bed thread, husband bought some hard apple cider, if you want some.

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on February 11, 2017, 05:51:20 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on February 11, 2017, 02:20:20 PM

I should've kept it going....my nap did not pan out  >:(.  That always seems to happen when I plan to nap.  Oh well.  I'll try again later.  Since its the bed thread, husband bought some hard apple cider, if you want some.

I would love one. Thank you Munda my friend. You are so kind.