go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

Today I would say that a lot more dads are involved with bedtime, among other aspects of raising kids.  I think that it is probably more old fashioned for the dad not to be as involved with stuff like changing diapers, baths bedtime, nursing scraped knees.

I never saw my dad change a single diaper or feed a baby a bottle but there were always other women to help my dad out.  I Have given both of our sons a bottle though

Now i will say this.... i have known a lot of guys who said they would never change a diaper and then the baby is born and it turns out that it doesn't make sense especially with how spread out extended family can be these days.  It may not be what they feel like doing after a long day.  But most men will do what needs to be done even if it's not something they feel like. 
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Bernadette

When I was born, I had loads of health problems and spent months in an incubator at the hospital a couple hours away from where my parents lived. My father drove to the hospital every evening after work, to take a fresh supply of pumped milk and feed me, as well as to make sure I had skin-to-skin contact. According to him, my mother never made the trip.  :shrug: All I have is his word for it, and while he's inclined to remember things in such a way as to present himself in the best light, I'm inclined to believe him in this instance.
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Well, let's see. Maybe I'll just go to bed. I mean really, it is almost midnight. No one will be dropping in. Bird and Chest already stuck their heads in. .. HI BIRD. HI CHES. Goodnight guys.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Non Nobis

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 02, 2017, 10:57:45 PM
Well, let's see. Maybe I'll just go to bed. I mean really, it is almost midnight. No one will be dropping in. Bird and Chest already stuck their heads in. .. HI BIRD. HI CHES. Goodnight guys.

Goodnight!

... or if need be, take this as good morning in another thread!
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

This thread is now open. Now don't ch'all go to bed yet. This is where we talk about what we do before we go to bed. So....start talking.....bed heads :)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Not doing a thing. Just finished dinner, feeling all warm and cozy, thinking about going to bed ridiculously early.  :P
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on February 03, 2017, 06:48:50 PM
Not doing a thing. Just finished dinner, feeling all warm and cozy, thinking about going to bed ridiculously early.  :P

Wow bird, you must be tired. You usually stay up late, don't you?

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 03, 2017, 06:53:53 PM

Yep. But I've got a morning appointment tomorrow, so no burning the midnight oil for me.
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on February 03, 2017, 06:55:45 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on February 03, 2017, 06:53:53 PM

Yep. But I've got a morning appointment tomorrow, so no burning the midnight oil for me.

Oh, I see. Well its still early. Time to have a good night party, or not. Whatever.

Chestertonian

We are watching floogles

My son gets to stay up late but I might fall asleep before he does
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on February 03, 2017, 07:37:49 PM
We are watching floogles

My son gets to stay up late but I might fall asleep before he does

When the kids were small I fell asleep putting them to bed. I'd have to drag myself out of their bed at around midnight. I was always more tired than them. Who knows what they did after I fell asleep! What a mom!

Bernadette

Well, I went to bed, I slept, and I woke up after nightmares. So I'll try again in a little bit.
My Lord and my God.

dymphna17

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on February 02, 2017, 01:59:27 AM
Yellow Lab 8)

What are you going to name the puppy?  The people who lived in the other half of the duplex we lived in, in California, had a yellow lab.  It's name was literally D.O.G., as in dee oh gee.   :lol:

But the funniest name I've ever heard was what an inmate at the prison I worked at, named the lab she was training to be a service dog.  She named it Wifey.  She said she could just picture some big, burly guy walking the dog and having to say things like, "Heel wifey!" or if she got away, he'd be calling, "Here Wifey!  Get back here, Wifey!" or the best one in her opinion was, "Here Wifey, Wifey, Wifey!"  She would burst out laughing at the thought of it.  It would be kind of funny to see that.  Can't you just see Kaese chasing a dog in the park, yelling, "You get back here Wifey!  You just wait until I get you home, Wifey!"   :cheeseheadbeer:  The inmate got into trouble and had to change the name and have the dog used to the new name before she left the facility to go to her new owner.  It must have worked out because I never heard anything to the contrary.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Bernadette on February 03, 2017, 11:02:19 PM
Well, I went to bed, I slept, and I woke up after nightmares. So I'll try again in a little bit.

What was it? Did the NWO ban books, or did Pope Francis live to be 123 years old and never retired?
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Bernadette

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on February 04, 2017, 01:49:05 AM
Quote from: Bernadette on February 03, 2017, 11:02:19 PM

What was it? Did the NWO ban books, or did Pope Francis live to be 123 years old and never retired?

:lol: Don't scare me like that, Laus.  :-\ Edit: I love how the numbers in Pope Francis' "age" are consecutive.  :P
My Lord and my God.