go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: martin88nyc on January 31, 2017, 11:54:37 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on January 31, 2017, 09:25:29 PM
Thought so. Every time I hear "hockey," I automatically translate it as "bloodbath."  :ack: It's like...boxing, on skates.
Not technically, you know ;)

That's because you're American
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Carleendiane

Bed time for some. Maybe me. Have to see. Maybe just one wee little drink first.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

We will be turning in soon.  I'm tired; husband is tired.  Kids are getting dinner dishes cleaned, then it's night prayers and bed....

Chestertonian

Got to put my son to bed

Most dads  don't do this they think is beneath then... But they are missing out

Usually by the time he goes to bed I am in my bed and my wifedoes his bedtime but this time we wentinto the room, i saidsome prayers nextto his bed in my chair We talked read some stuff from my tablet  and he went to bed after we were done. except i could tell he was staying up just a little longer to read his 1,000 page Pokemon Handbook which explains every single pokemon and its evolutions and mega evolutions in vivid detail. i did not know it was possible to know this much about pokemon.

We have gotten to level 27 in the game,but he has shown me whole levels of pokemon obsession ididnt even know existed. he thinks he is getting away with something, reading under the covers with his flashlight. he thinks he's living on the edge.

You know you have it good when the most rebellious thing your kid does is read after bedtime

Mrs and i got to sit in the kitchen afters she finished the dishes she had a cup of peppermint tea andshe mademe some iced pppermint tea--one of th few things my stomach can handle. was pleasant to sit around the kitchen table and just talk about the past week like a normal married couple

these everyday things are what I enjoy the most. for me i dont get to do normal stuff all that often. when i was a kid i remember most werethe everyday things. The way my mom served dinner, walking to school with my cousins,etc. buta lot of these normal things are more once in awhile t
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Bernadette

Awww, Ches. :) You're a lucky guy.
My Lord and my God.

MundaCorMeum

I'm not sure why you think most Dads think that is beneath them, and don't put their kids to bed....my husband helps puts our children to bed every night, unless he is sick or out of town.  We do it together.  He even blesses them with the Sign of the Cross on their forehead (though that is a recent development).  Many of the Dads I know help tuck their kids in, if they can.

LausTibiChriste

I'm drinking wine and watching Suits. I should be in bed but I'm too excited. Getting my puppy tomorrow  ;D ;D ;D

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Chestertonian

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on February 02, 2017, 12:44:51 AM
I'm drinking wine and watching Suits. I should be in bed but I'm too excited. Getting my puppy tomorrow  ;D ;D ;D

Cool what kind of puppy
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

LausTibiChriste

- MaximGun

Lynne

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on February 02, 2017, 01:59:27 AM
Yellow Lab 8)

Can't wait to see pictures! My brother had a yellow lab. Wonderful dog.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on February 01, 2017, 09:12:43 PM
Got to put my son to bed

Most dads  don't do this they think is beneath then... But they are missing out

Usually by the time he goes to bed I am in my bed and my wifedoes his bedtime but this time we wentinto the room, i saidsome prayers nextto his bed in my chair We talked read some stuff from my tablet  and he went to bed after we were done. except i could tell he was staying up just a little longer to read his 1,000 page Pokemon Handbook which explains every single pokemon and its evolutions and mega evolutions in vivid detail. i did not know it was possible to know this much about pokemon.

We have gotten to level 27 in the game,but he has shown me whole levels of pokemon obsession ididnt even know existed. he thinks he is getting away with something, reading under the covers with his flashlight. he thinks he's living on the edge.

You know you have it good when the most rebellious thing your kid does is read after bedtime

Mrs and i got to sit in the kitchen afters she finished the dishes she had a cup of peppermint tea andshe mademe some iced pppermint tea--one of th few things my stomach can handle. was pleasant to sit around the kitchen table and just talk about the past week like a normal married couple

these everyday things are what I enjoy the most. for me i dont get to do normal stuff all that often. when i was a kid i remember most werethe everyday things. The way my mom served dinner, walking to school with my cousins,etc. buta lot of these normal things are more once in awhile t

You try in to make me cry,Ches? Those are the moments I miss. I used to crawl in bed with them. They would read to me while I'd be sleeping. That was a warm pleasant evening. And it was all yours. Almost makes a guy feel normal. In anything but a normal situation. :) ;)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on February 02, 2017, 01:59:27 AM
Yellow Lab 8)

Yellow lab pups are adorable. I have a tri-color aussie. He was so stinking cute as a puppy. Still is, 6 years later. Happy for you Laus. They are such good companions!

maryslittlegarden

Ches, how is the new wheelchair working for you? 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Chestertonian

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on February 01, 2017, 09:37:35 PM
I'm not sure why you think most Dads think that is beneath them, and don't put their kids to bed....my husband helps puts our children to bed every night, unless he is sick or out of town.  We do it together.  He even blesses them with the Sign of the Cross on their forehead (though that is a recent development).  Many of the Dads I know help tuck their kids in, if they can.

i remember my dad trying to get out of bedtime when I was a kid.  he got home from work late and said he was tired.  so i remember listening to my parents have that "I'm tireder than you" conversation trying to see whose life was more exhausting, my dad commuting into manhattan or my mom staying home with 3 kids under 4 (at the time) and trying to put us all to bed at the same time.  Both seemed to think they were the tireder one.  Not sure who actually was.  if he did put anyone to bed it was usually me because I was the oldest

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Chestertonian on February 02, 2017, 10:35:20 AM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on February 01, 2017, 09:37:35 PM

i remember my dad trying to get out of bedtime when I was a kid.  he got home from work late and said he was tired.  so i remember listening to my parents have that "I'm tireder than you" conversation trying to see whose life was more exhausting, my dad commuting into manhattan or my mom staying home with 3 kids under 4 (at the time) and trying to put us all to bed at the same time.  Both seemed to think they were the tireder one.  Not sure who actually was.  if he did put anyone to bed it was usually me because I was the oldest

One dad doesn't translate to most  ;). Your example still doesn't explain why you think most dads think putting kids to bed is beneath them.