go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 28, 2017, 07:16:39 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on January 28, 2017, 07:08:47 PM
My friend's visiting from Baltimore my sons godfather he brought his 7 year old son they are having a great time.  My wife made dinner usually the smell of food makes me sick but it smells good I

Ithink eggplant cutlets

Kids both said it was disgusting which usually means it's good.  Have never had my wife's cooking but she has been making a lot of things

Wow, never eating your wife's food is  perspective for me. I will not complain.  But company, kids, disgusting food, oh yeah. Sounds like a party at your house.

Yes glad to see people enjoying themselves

When we first got together she ate only celery and miracle whip sometimes strange concoctions with iceberg lettuce and cottage cheese.  Whereas I used to make my own real food.. Meat, vegetables that aren't iceberg lettuce

S  o making things that call for lots of olive oil, or bread, or meat, or whole milk etc represent a lot of healing and recovery
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Stella Maris

Quote from: Bernadette on January 28, 2017, 07:48:12 PM
Quote from: Stella Maris on January 28, 2017, 07:45:13 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on January 28, 2017, 07:06:59 PM

You know, what makes this especially funny is my almost obsessive aversion to eating fish/water dwellers. More for you, Martin. ;)

Doesn't that rule out most Japanese food?  :huh:

You'd think so, wouldn't you?  :lol: Thankfully for me, Commodore Matthew Perry's little trip eventually led to the introduction of beef, pork, and chicken into Japanese cuisine.  :grin: Plus, plenty of dishes can just be made vegetarian.

True, true. But in my experience even the vegetarian options usually included seaweed.  :)

Bernadette

I just pick the seaweed out, or swallow it whole if it's small enough.  :shrug: If I'm serving myself, I don't take any seaweed. It's also why I don't like sushi, except inarizushi (we always call it "beanbag sushi").  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

dymphna17

Quote from: Chestertonian on January 28, 2017, 07:51:01 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 28, 2017, 07:16:39 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on January 28, 2017, 07:08:47 PM
My friend's visiting from Baltimore my sons godfather he brought his 7 year old son they are having a great time.  My wife made dinner usually the smell of food makes me sick but it smells good I

Ithink eggplant cutlets

Kids both said it was disgusting which usually means it's good.  Have never had my wife's cooking but she has been making a lot of things

Wow, never eating your wife's food is  perspective for me. I will not complain.  But company, kids, disgusting food, oh yeah. Sounds like a party at your house.

Yes glad to see people enjoying themselves

When we first got together she ate only celery and miracle whip sometimes strange concoctions with iceberg lettuce and cottage cheese.  Whereas I used to make my own real food.. Meat, vegetables that aren't iceberg lettuce

S  o making things that call for lots of olive oil, or bread, or meat, or whole milk etc represent a lot of healing and recovery

She's come a long way, hasn't she Ches?  That is just too wonderful, you must be very proud of her.  Are things settling down for her at work now that the election is over?

Bernadette - I thought "Oh no, it's Friday again?" too when I read the word salmon.  Sent a little panic through me.   :lol:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Hey!  Time to play before bed. Not time to sleep yet. You want to be up at 4? Go right ahead, but coffee is not ready in good morning until someone rolls out of bed and makes some. Unless you want to make it. Smooth and bold, nothing wimpy or instant. You do weak or instant and we can't vouch for your safety.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Actually, I kind of do want to get up at 4:00.  :lol: :tinfoil: Plus, who'm I kidding, I just want to snuggle up in my feathers and listen to Sherlock Holmes: the sooner, the better.  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on January 29, 2017, 07:18:15 PM
Actually, I kind of do want to get up at 4:00.  :lol: :tinfoil: Plus, who'm I kidding, I just want to snuggle up in my feathers and listen to Sherlock Holmes: the sooner, the better.  :lol:

Then....you're it!!!!!! You get to make the coffee. 2 pots. One for the early birds, one for the stragglers in.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Stragglers make their own coffee. Less straggling, that way. ;)
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on January 29, 2017, 07:21:45 PM

Bird, you will withhold from the tired, the weary, the hurting, the hungover......

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 29, 2017, 07:24:20 PM

Bird, you will withhold from the tired, the weary, the hurting, the hungover......

Awww, now you're making me feel heartless.  :'( Nevertheless, I can't help but feel that hot, pre-made coffee is a privilege of the punctual.
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on January 29, 2017, 07:27:18 PM

Awww, now you're making me feel heartless.  :'( Nevertheless, I can't help but feel that hot, pre-made coffee is a privilege of the punctual.

Bird, you said I was a hard woman. Now, look at you. You are being hard. You've tripped your way in here late many of times.....we gave you coffee because you thirsted.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 29, 2017, 07:37:11 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on January 29, 2017, 07:27:18 PM

Bird, you said I was a hard woman. Now, look at you. You are being hard. You've tripped your way in here late many of times.....we gave you coffee because you thirsted.

True, true. There's that. Though I will say that I never expect anyone to provide me with coffee. Making one's own coffee is a natural result of not being present when the coffee is made by someone else. How about a Keurig machine? Hot, fresh coffee at the push of a button. I think there's a new one (FINALLY), where you can make more than 10 ounces at a time.Actually, all this talk about coffee is making me want a cup really badly. Must resist. :(
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Some of us just need a HAND. Bird. You know. A kind act is all it takes. Do you really know who you are serving?

Bernadette

My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane