go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleur-de-Lys

I make a mean piña colada. I used to be a bartender in a fancy Asian restaurant that served these crazy Polynesian drinks, the kind with all sorts of fruit floating in them. Yeah, I know, the piña colada is Puerto Rican, but we served those too. I'll go make us a round.

Chestertonian

Used to make a good pot ofChili it didn't kick anyone in the butt
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Non Nobis

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 26, 2017, 08:51:35 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 26, 2017, 08:49:13 PM
dymphna, if you want frilly and silly, you'll have to pick a different game.   ;) Everything I would change is not worth repeating.  All I know is I couldn't be happier with where I am now, though.  I wouldn't change my current situation for anything.

Munda, that is music to my ears. Really. Does it get any better. I think not!

In some real way,  God put us in our current situation - willing all good and permitting all evil (although we caused the evil) along the way. Right NOW (if we are in the state of Sanctifying Grace) God has us where He wants us NOW, in the palm of His hand... We may have messed up the "original plans", but did not escape God's loving providence.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Non Nobis on January 26, 2017, 11:54:10 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 26, 2017, 08:51:35 PM
dymphna, if you want frilly and silly, you'll have to pick a different game.   ;) Everything I would change is not worth repeating.  All I know is I couldn't be happier with where I am now, though.  I wouldn't change my current situation for anything.

Munda, that is music to my ears. Really. Does it get any better. I think not!

In some real way,  God put us in our current situation - willing all good and permitting all evil (although we caused the evil) along the way. Right NOW (if we are in the state of Sanctifying Grace) God has us where He wants us NOW, in the palm of His hand... We may have messed up the "original plans", but did not escape God's loving providence.

That thought always keeps me going.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on January 26, 2017, 10:48:33 PM

Now that was a good chili. Yep. Mine was just a bit more wild and crazy. How are things going? Miss you around here.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 27, 2017, 08:45:00 AM

Now that was a good chili. Yep. Mine was just a bit more wild and crazy. How are things going? Miss you around here.

Been really tired sleeping a lot
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on January 27, 2017, 09:11:30 AM

Been really tired sleeping a lot

Me too. Sleeping and laying around a lot. Would like to blame the blood clots. I'll know if that's true if the fix my circulation on tuesday.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

I reallyhopetheycanfixit

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on January 27, 2017, 09:16:04 AM
I reallyhopetheycanfixit

Me too. Really ready for a normal arm. Well see. Thanks Ches. I wish they could fix you, more.   :)

maryslittlegarden

I need to bring chili in to work next week. Need a good recipe...  .  Those of us who are of Norwegian extraction are not know for spicy. 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

dymphna17

You are right, Munda.  I was originally thinking of something like, I wish I had done my own makeup for my wedding.  But then Hubby and I were talking, I got distracted and then came up with what I said.  I'm sorry everybody, I didn't mean to be a downer on the thread.  I'll leave the topic choosing to the experts here, from now on.   :trainwreck:     :beer:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Stella Maris

Stumbling in after having to help Fleur finish all those piña coladas last night. By the time she got back with the tray, the rest of you were out cold and snoring.  :huh:  I'm not even in the right thread. Where is Good Morning?

Stella Maris

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on January 27, 2017, 09:52:07 AM
I need to bring chili in to work next week. Need a good recipe...  .  Those of us who are of Norwegian extraction are not know for spicy.

Nah, you should make 'em something super fishy. Represent your heritage, MLG!

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 27, 2017, 09:59:53 AM

You are right, Munda.  I was originally thinking of something like, I wish I had done my own makeup for my wedding.  But then Hubby and I were talking, I got distracted and then came up with what I said.  I'm sorry everybody, I didn't mean to be a downer on the thread.  I'll leave the topic choosing to the experts here, from now on.   :trainwreck:     :beer:

No worries.  I'm just too jaded for my own good  ;).  Actually, I do wish I had worn makeup for my wedding. I don't wear it on a daily basis; only for church, date nights, special occasions, etc.  and even then, I take a "less is more" approach.  So, on my wedding day, I was worried about wearing makeup and not looking like me, so I just went without.  In hindsight, I wish I had worn just a touch, so I didn't look washed out in pictures.  My sister tried to talk me into it, but I was stubborn.....I should've listened to her!  No matter.  It was still one of the best days of our lives  :)

dymphna17

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 27, 2017, 10:16:18 AM
Quote from: dymphna17 on January 27, 2017, 09:59:53 AM

No worries.  I'm just too jaded for my own good  ;).  Actually, I do wish I had worn makeup for my wedding. I don't wear it on a daily basis; only for church, date nights, special occasions, etc.  and even then, I take a "less is more" approach.  So, on my wedding day, I was worried about wearing makeup and not looking like me, so I just went without.  In hindsight, I wish I had worn just a touch, so I didn't look washed out in pictures.  My sister tried to talk me into it, but I was stubborn.....I should've listened to her!  No matter.  It was still one of the best days of our lives  :)

I wish I was pretty enough to go without makeup. Some people, like you Munda, just have that special glow about them that too much makeup would ruin their beauty.  I don't wear alot, eyeliner, mascara, and blush pretty much covers it for me.  If I want to dress it up I'll wear some eye shadow.  A lady in our parish sold a certain kind of makeup, I can't remember the name of it (it wasn't Avon).  Anyway, she really wanted to do my makeup as well as the Bridesmaid's.  She did a really nice job on everyone else, but I hated mine.  I just didn't have the guts to redo mine.  Oh well.  Like you said, it was still one of the best days of our lives.  :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica