go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 23, 2017, 02:21:56 PM
Laus is right. Alcohol, unless your are drinking moonshine, is not gross tasting.

No, but it is. Really.  :ack: Which is fine: my budget appreciates it. More money for coffee that way. ;)
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on January 23, 2017, 02:26:02 PM
Laus is right. Alcohol, unless your are drinking moonshine, is not gross tasting.

No, but it is. Really.  :ack: Which is fine: my budget appreciates it. More money for coffee that way. ;)

OK bird. You must have nasty drunks in the family, or relatives. Plus, you have your coffee that I'll bet makes you feel warm and fuzzy, and like singing in the rain. Reading poetry and laughing heartier. Good coffee can do that, but I can't do any of the above....CANT...without....coffee. So we are back to where we started, I think we started, COFFEE.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 23, 2017, 02:33:23 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on January 23, 2017, 02:26:02 PM

So we are back to where we started, I think we started, COFFEE.

I'll drink to that.  :coffee:
My Lord and my God.

martin88nyc

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on January 23, 2017, 02:09:25 PM
Quote from: martin88nyc on January 23, 2017, 10:44:42 AM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on January 23, 2017, 04:00:33 AM
Sleep is for the weak
Sleep deprivation is like drinking. You are just as tipsy and your judgement is impaired.

So if I slam back a couple shots I negate those effects right?
Yes sir. Just about.
PS: with regard to alcohol tasting gross I must admit that I was never a fan of vodka and I still admit that vodka is yuck. However Johnnie with coke tasted good to my surprise and I never liked the smell of JW.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Carleendiane

Yep! That time again. This happens every. single. night. Can't fight it guys. There is a point in each day we have to think about turning in. Some try to put it off. Some are too anxious to get in bed. I am somewhere in between. But at some point, every night, I throw in the towel and obey my body screaming at me to give it up.  Then each morning I am happy to be alive and say a cheerful "Good Morning" because number1, I have my coffee. Number 2, I am alive. Just joking. I am happier to be alive, than to have my coffee. I think. Therefore, I am.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 23, 2017, 07:07:41 PM
Yep! That time again. This happens every. single. night. Can't fight it guys. There is a point in each day we have to think about turning in.

I don't wanna. I'm still going pretty strong after the giant cup of coffee this afternoon.
My Lord and my God.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 22, 2017, 09:12:26 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on January 22, 2017, 08:33:13 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 20, 2017, 09:41:21 PM
Ches, when do you expect wife to be home. Mrs. C is probably missing you by now. I know I would.. Your little family is so wonderful. God bless each of you, and may your reunion be sweet! Bet 7 yr. old is more than ready to see mom and dad , and little brother, by now. He 7 yr. old,  is a sweet and funny little guy, going by how you describe him.

Yeah he is still 6

They came t see me today everyone is home they took a day to rest after a crazy week they are taking me home tomorrow

Yesterday she had to deal with women's march coverage waiting for my sleeping meds feels like I am spinning so dizzy

Maybe sleep med is too strong. So happy you go home. Ok, still six. When is his birthday? :cheeseheadbeer:
fathers day
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Bernadette

Awww! And he's named after YOU!  ;D It's just so perfect, Ches. :D
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on January 23, 2017, 07:16:45 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 22, 2017, 09:12:26 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on January 22, 2017, 08:33:13 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 20, 2017, 09:41:21 PM
Ches, when do you expect wife to be home. Mrs. C is probably missing you by now. I know I would.. Your little family is so wonderful. God bless each of you, and may your reunion be sweet! Bet 7 yr. old is more than ready to see mom and dad , and little brother, by now. He 7 yr. old,  is a sweet and funny little guy, going by how you describe him.

Yeah he is still 6

They came t see me today everyone is home they took a day to rest after a crazy week they are taking me home tomorrow

Yesterday she had to deal with women's march coverage waiting for my sleeping meds feels like I am spinning so dizzy

Maybe sleep med is too strong. So happy you go home. Ok, still six. When is his birthday? :cheeseheadbeer:
fathers day

I love 6. But then, I love 7. 7 is first communion time. It is a great thing to prepare him and see him receive for the first time!  But 6 is supposedly the age that has been agreed on for age of reason, consent to sin. Some kids remain so good and so pure well beyond 6. 6 is just a generalization. You little guy sounds so good and pure.

Carleendiane

Come in. Its raining. Do you want to get all wet? Come in. We are warm and cozy. It is not bedtime. This is just chat time. Chatting is needed. Really. We need to share and build relationships. This is a good way to do it. Don'cha think?Maybe this is cheesy. Go ahead. Let me know. Besides, I hate cheesy. But cheesy or not this is an effort to build friendships even if we are not all on the same page about all things. A drink or two could fix this. A drink or two makes us just warmer towards one another. Even coffee helps loosen the tongue.Come on in. Let's talk.

Bernadette

Well, I've got a huge cup of chamomile tea and a Nutty Bar. So I'm all set.  :P Carleen, whatcha eating?
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on January 23, 2017, 08:49:26 PM
Well, I've got a huge cup of chamomile tea and a Nutty Bar. So I'm all set.  :P Carleen, whatcha eating?

Eating? Absolutely nothing. Wait!!!!!!! Hold the phone!!!!!!!! In my vodka tonic water drink I put a spoonful  of cherries in it
. Then I ate the cherries.  They taste so good after soaking in vodka! But, besides vodka cherries tonight, I ate one small, one medium apple. That's it, bird.

Bernadette

I've never liked apples much. Now, oranges I could eat every day. Especially those little satsumas. So tasty.
My Lord and my God.

Stella Maris

I went for a walk after dinner and got caught in a storm. Now I'm cold and wet.  :(

Bernadette

Quote from: Stella Maris on January 23, 2017, 09:18:09 PM
I went for a walk after dinner and got caught in a storm. Now I'm cold and wet.  :(

:( Sounds like you need a nice hot beverage! Maybe ginger tea. Though I have to say, this chamomile is really good.
My Lord and my God.