go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Yes jus beautiful. I do know the pic wasn't taken in the hood ;) Now I know when to set out. It's gonna be a wicked ride, but it'll be worth it. plush some great exercise. Looking forward to seeing you dymphna.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

myson got home fromschool, changed into his pajamas,crawled into bed with me andtalked to me about his day all the things he did,in extraordinary detail... first graders are fun to talk to.  I dont remember snuggling with my own dad at this age,but then again i had 2younger sisters vying for their attention. 

it didnt take much energy to lie there and listento him,and sometimes that is one of the happiest memories a kid can have, the consistent presence of an adult who listens.

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on January 12, 2017, 07:00:31 PM
myson got home fromschool, changed into his pajamas,crawled into bed with me andtalked to me about his day all the things he did,in extraordinary detail... first graders are fun to talk to.  I dont remember snuggling with my own dad at this age,but then again i had 2younger sisters vying for their attention. 

it didnt take much energy to lie there and listento him,and sometimes that is one of the happiest memories a kid can have, the consistent presence of an adult who listens.

Yes Ches, that is so memorable for a child. My teenage daughters would crawl in bed with me just to talk. So we would laugh and giggle under the covers like school kids. He just may keep on crawling in bed just to talk. My favorite part of your story...he went and got his pj's on.  :)
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Dymphna, I am delighted to see you have a generator. We have one big enough to run both houses and the 2 barns. It is diesel and the size of a locomotive...ok...I exagerrated. But it is huge. We hardly miss a beat. It runs everything.
Nothing changes as far as appliances you can use. No suffering here when power is out!

dymphna17

Quote from: Chestertonian on January 12, 2017, 07:00:31 PM

That is awesome Ches!  Both of my sisters had a special person in their lives to pay attention and listen to just them.  It was really special and made a difference for them.  My Dad and I had the kind of relationship where we could be quiet for long periods of time without it being uncomfortable.  That went on from the time I was a child into adulthood.  That brings back some really nice memories, thank you.  I hope you have special memories with your Dad, even if they weren't from snuggling.   :)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

dymphna17

The picture was taken just outside of town here.  I don't know the exact spot.

They've increased the forecast of ice to be somewhere between .5" to 1".  Thankfully schools will be out and most people will be off work for the weekend when it starts to get bad.  If this comes to fruition, that could save lives and property.  Against my better judgement, and just because you are coming, Carleen, I will be cleaning the fish tanks in case we end up needing water.  It's not that they are really dirty, it's just that for guests, the fresher the water is, the better.  Since Hubby will be working on Saturday, I won't be able to fill the tub with clean water because he will need a shower when he gets home.  The emergency cases are refreshed and ready and all emergency equipment has been tested and ready to go as well.  Now we sit and wait for nothing to happen.  As a planner type person, I'm glad my ducks are in a row.  I don't usually do most of these things until right before Spring when storms and tornadoes are prevalent.

Hubby went to the grocery store to pick up a couple of things for supper and he said you would have thought that World War III had been announced.  Even worse than at Christmas.  It was a total mad house.  I bit my tongue to not say, "I told you so!", but I told him so.   :lol:  I tried to talk him into letting me go around 2 am (that's the best time to avoid crowds and they are almost done restocking shelves for the next day), but he wouldn't hear of it.  So he got to battle it out.  Now we just need the ice so Miss Carleen can skate on down and we'll be set!  Woo Hoo!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 12, 2017, 03:05:58 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 12, 2017, 02:54:40 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 12, 2017, 02:20:35 PM
Quote from: martin88nyc on January 12, 2017, 02:08:38 PM
This thread is getting "bizarro"  ;D  :grin:  ;)

Well martin, don't be scared. We weave in and out of bizzaro, depending on mood and poster. Go to bed is chock full of bedtime stories, exciting stories, happy stories and bizzaro stories. It is what we make it. If you wish you can bring in sanity, real time reality. If you wish.

Munda, what exactly are you thanking here. Reality, stories or bizzaro? Really please elaborate. I can get so caught up in bizzaro, I may just run off the saner elements here. Like you munda. You are so sane, so flat footed. Me, I seem to be cast about on everything bizzare. We can come back, if it bugs and just do bizzaro when it's called for. Obviously my humour is not for everyone. Sometimes it makes me cringe.

I thanked because there's a little something for everyone here, and at the same time gives everyone a chance to venture out of their comfort zone  :).  I, for one, could probably stand to lighten up a bit more.  I may, perhaps, be too much of a boring realist.

Now I am wondering....why did I get so many thanks on my post?  Is it because everyone agrees I'm a boring realist?!?   ;) ;D

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 12, 2017, 09:20:32 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 12, 2017, 03:05:58 PM

Well martin, don't be scared. We weave in and out of bizzaro, depending on mood and poster. Go to bed is chock full of bedtime stories, exciting stories, happy stories and bizzaro stories. It is what we make it. If you wish you can bring in sanity, real time reality. If you wish.

Munda, what exactly are you thanking here. Reality, stories or bizzaro? Really please elaborate. I can get so caught up in bizzaro, I may just run off the saner elements here. Like you munda. You are so sane, so flat footed. Me, I seem to be cast about on everything bizzare. We can come back, if it bugs and just do bizzaro when it's called for. Obviously my humour is not for everyone. Sometimes it makes me cringe.

I thanked because there's a little something for everyone here, and at the same time gives everyone a chance to venture out of their comfort zone  :).  I, for one, could probably stand to lighten up a bit more.  I may, perhaps, be too much of a boring realist.

Now I am wondering....why did I get so many thanks on my post?  Is it because everyone agrees I'm a boring realist?!?   ;) ;D

Haha! -- I almost didn't thank it because I thought you might wonder about that!  (Just so you know, I do not think you are boring at all.... I thanked your first sentence -- not your second and third  ;D)

Carleendiane

No munda. They love you. If anything they may be feeling or thinking about the idea of lightening up. But.... at the same time may feel this thread brings them out of their comfort zone and hope to go back to just being normal. I can try to do this, but maybe weird is my default setting. Not normal. Normal may not be normal to me. I dunno. I just follow wherever the thread goes.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 12, 2017, 09:30:10 PM
No munda. They love you. If anything they may be feeling or thinking about the idea of lightening up. But.... at the same time may feel this thread brings them out of their comfort zone and hope to go back to just being normal. I can try to do this, but maybe weird is my default setting. Not normal. Normal may not be normal to me. I dunno.I just follow wherever the thread goes.

Being adaptable is a good quality  :).  I'm pretty sure 'weird' is my default setting, too.  I don't really want to be normal by today's standards.

Non Nobis

I like your humor, and blending of real with virtual and somewhat-sane with bizzaro.  All your coffee pot threads are happy places.

...I have to admit though that sometimes I get a little dizzy and my naivety shows through.  E.g. when I thought you really did teach your dog to do an Irish jig! ...Heck I'm sure you  could have done it when you were younger and healthier.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

dymphna17

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 12, 2017, 09:33:04 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 12, 2017, 09:30:10 PM
No munda. They love you. If anything they may be feeling or thinking about the idea of lightening up. But.... at the same time may feel this thread brings them out of their comfort zone and hope to go back to just being normal. I can try to do this, but maybe weird is my default setting. Not normal. Normal may not be normal to me. I dunno.I just follow wherever the thread goes.

Being adaptable is a good quality  :).  I'm pretty sure 'weird' is my default setting, too.  I don't really want to be normal by today's standards.

We are Traditionals, of course 'weird' is our default setting.  Our very fiber goes against the grain of modern life.  We can be proud (in a good way) of that, pray we stay this way, and hope we don't fall for the nonsense that is modern life.  It effects everything in our lives.  It's who we are.  :grouphug:
?

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on January 12, 2017, 10:12:15 PM

I like your humor, and blending of real with virtual and somewhat-sane with bizzaro.  All your coffee pot threads are happy places.

...I have to admit though that sometimes I get a little dizzy and my naivety shows through.  E.g. when I thought you really did teach your dog to do an Irish jig! ...Heck I'm sure you  could have done it when you were younger and healthier.

Non, it was when you thought it possible I may have made that video, it was then......I knew I loved you. That was so sweet and adòrable. Just to think it possible, that I could be so clever...made my day.

martin88nyc

Quote from: martin88nyc on January 12, 2017, 02:45:47 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on January 12, 2017, 02:18:55 PM

Oh, hey: 'nother candy bar name.   ;D
Bizarro from Kiilimanjaro tropical fruit bar
or
Bizarro bitter sweet Amaro drink 8)
Also New York pizza chain called Sbarro rhymes with Bizarro  :laugh:
Hey! Why no one has commented on this. I feel left out.  :'(  :grin:
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

dymphna17

Quote from: martin88nyc on January 13, 2017, 10:56:48 AM
Quote from: martin88nyc on January 12, 2017, 02:45:47 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on January 12, 2017, 02:18:55 PM

Oh, hey: 'nother candy bar name.   ;D
Bizarro from Kiilimanjaro tropical fruit bar
or
Bizarro bitter sweet Amaro drink 8)
Also New York pizza chain called Sbarro rhymes with Bizarro  :laugh:
Hey! Why no one has commented on this. I feel left out.  :'(  :grin:

I was waiting for you to bring the Bizzaro bitter sweet Amaro drink over.  Where have you been?  Did you get lost on your way over from too many Bizarro from Killimanjaro bars?   :lol: :beer:
?