go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Going to bed. Night all. Sleep well. See you in good morning. Hope Jaynes father is ok.  :pray3:
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

I'm here, Lydia!  I've just been out making the rounds.  Came across a breach in the fence that cows or horses would have been able to push by with no problem.  Had to round up a couple of horses and get them back behind the fence and then fix the fence.  Everything else checked out OK.  All safe and secure.   :cheeseheadbeer:   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Chestertonian

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 12, 2017, 12:34:02 AM
I'm here, Lydia!  I've just been out making the rounds.  Came across a breach in the fence that cows or horses would have been able to push by with no problem.  Had to round up a couple of horses and get them back behind the fence and then fix the fence.  Everything else checked out OK.  All safe and secure.   :cheeseheadbeer:   8)
actual horses?
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on January 12, 2017, 12:39:33 AM
Quote from: dymphna17 on January 12, 2017, 12:34:02 AM
actual horses?

Virtual horses, Ches. She lives in the hood. She has the perimeter of go to bed staked out, so the enemy can not breach our safety zone. Or.....our safe place. Thanks dymphna. You are a peach, my friend. A powerful peach. A tough peach. A beautiful, powerful, tough, sweet peach. That's my Dymphna.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

I figure the 'go to bed' thread is where everyone's happy/safe place to go before sleep exists.  Well, as long as evil exists, bad things/entities will try to get into this happy/safe space and must be stopped.  So myself and my legion of angels patrol the area to make sure there are no breaches.  Horses are surely part of someone's happy place and the fence had been damaged.  So I fixed it after bringing a couple of escaped horses back into the safe area.  Make sense?  Yeah, I didn't think so.  It was a heck of a try though, wasn't it?  :lol:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

martin88nyc

This thread is getting "bizarro"  ;D  :grin:  ;)
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Bernadette

Quote from: martin88nyc on January 12, 2017, 02:08:38 PM

Oh, hey: 'nother candy bar name.   ;D
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Well martin, don't be scared. We weave in and out of bizzaro, depending on mood and poster. Go to bed is chock full of bedtime stories, exciting stories, happy stories and bizzaro stories. It is what we make it. If you wish you can bring in sanity, real time reality. If you wish.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Bernadette on January 12, 2017, 02:18:55 PM

Oh, hey: 'nother candy bar name.   ;D
Bizarro from Kiilimanjaro tropical fruit bar
or
Bizarro bitter sweet Amaro drink 8)
Also New York pizza chain called Sbarro rhymes with Bizarro  :laugh:
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Carleendiane

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 12, 2017, 02:20:35 PM

Well martin, don't be scared. We weave in and out of bizzaro, depending on mood and poster. Go to bed is chock full of bedtime stories, exciting stories, happy stories and bizzaro stories. It is what we make it. If you wish you can bring in sanity, real time reality. If you wish.

Munda, what exactly are you thanking here. Reality, stories or bizzaro? Really please elaborate. I can get so caught up in bizzaro, I may just run off the saner elements here. Like you munda. You are so sane, so flat footed. Me, I seem to be cast about on everything bizzare. We can come back, if it bugs and just do bizzaro when it's called for. Obviously my humour is not for everyone. Sometimes it makes me cringe.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 12, 2017, 02:54:40 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 12, 2017, 02:20:35 PM

Munda, what exactly are you thanking here. Reality, stories or bizzaro? Really please elaborate. I can get so caught up in bizzaro, I may just run off the saner elements here. Like you munda. You are so sane, so flat footed. Me, I seem to be cast about on everything bizzare. We can come back, if it bugs and just do bizzaro when it's called for. Obviously my humour is not for everyone. Sometimes it makes me cringe.

I thanked because there's a little something for everyone here, and at the same time gives everyone a chance to venture out of their comfort zone  :).  I, for one, could probably stand to lighten up a bit more.  I may, perhaps, be too much of a boring realist.

Carleendiane

Thanks munda, I've always appreciated you honest and candid  posts.

dymphna17

I know it's early yet, and I'm sorry for barging in Carleen, but I thought this more appropriate here now, rather than the Good Morning thread.  We've now been bumped up to an official 'Ice Storm Warning' to begin 9:00 am tomorrow and end at midnight on Monday.  We aren't scheduled to receive any moisture here until after 3:00 pm tomorrow, but for some reason, (continuity maybe?) they have chosen to begin the warning at 9:00 am.

If this is anything like our Spring storms, I'm inclined to say we are only going to get rain out of the system.  It seems like the faster they are to make us aware of a damaging system headed our way and the worse they make it sound, the faster it all just peters out.

Just keeping you in the loop so you know when to skate on down!   :thumbsup:  Anyway, here's a picture of last night's beautiful sunset:

?

Bernadette

Wait, "Red Sky at night, sailors' delight," right?  :huh: But it's going to rain tomorrow...
My Lord and my God.

martin88nyc

nice. What a sight.