go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 11, 2017, 08:04:47 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 11, 2017, 06:51:47 PM
Time to think about wrapping things  up for the day. Taking shoes off.  Listen to some music. Have a little snack. Put on pjs. Make small talk...or big talk. Let the dog out one more time. Stumble in here and let me give you a hand. Whatever the need may be. Really. I can help.

She really does have broad shoulders and bat-like hearing for being such a tiny lady.  Wait a minute!  You don't live at the north pole, do you Carleen?  So many things would make sense if you did.  Just sayin'.   ;)   :lol:

Dymph, what does the north pole have to do with anything. Just askin. I'm sure when you answer, this will make perfect sense.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 11, 2017, 08:49:37 PM
Time to think about wrapping things  up for the day. Taking shoes off.  Listen to some music. Have a little snack. Put on pjs. Make small talk...or big talk. Let the dog out one more time. Stumble in here and let me give you a hand. Whatever the need may be. Really. I can help.

She really does have broad shoulders and bat-like hearing for being such a tiny lady.  Wait a minute!  You don't live at the north pole, do you Carleen?  So many things would make sense if you did.  Just sayin'.   ;)   :lol:

Dymph, what does the north pole have to do with anything. Just askin. I'm sure when you answer, this will make perfect sense.

Actually, no, it really doesn't make much sense.  It does if you can see what I was picturing when I typed that, but otherwise no.  You don't look like an elf at all, I'm sure.   :-X   ;)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 11, 2017, 08:49:37 PM

When I think north pole, I'm thinking cold...like "a quilt would be really nice" kind of cold.   

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Chestertonian on January 11, 2017, 08:23:12 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 11, 2017, 08:12:13 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on January 11, 2017, 08:09:08 PM
Listening to the baby babble next to me no interest in falling asleep he wants to play

Yours, too?
it must be that time

waiting for him to be "drowsy but awake" so far just awake

I'm still workig on getting mine settled, too.  She is not interested in sleep this evening!  She just wants someone to smile at.   She's getting tired, though.  How's your little man doing now? 

Carleendiane

Well... maybe I do. Look like an elf, a fat,  short, darkskinned, Indian Slavic elf. Hey, it did make sense!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 11, 2017, 09:23:24 PM
Well... maybe I do. Look like an elf, a fat,  short, darkskinned, Indian Slavic elf. Hey, it did make sense!

Well... I'm confused.  I just don't know what else to say to all this elf talk  :shrug:

Carleendiane

Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on January 11, 2017, 09:49:59 PM

Well... I'm confused.  I just don't know what else to say to all this elf talk  :shrug:

Hey, no playing dumb around here. If dymphna thinks she knows what she's talking about we certainly know. She cannot win!!!! ???? Right???? !!!!      HELP. I don't know where I've been OR where I'm going. Oh. Wait. Weren't we on our way home? To the north pole. There is a monastery there for fattish, short, indian, slavic, dark, but not too dark skinned elves..hippyish elves, if you want to come. But you can't be too fat. We spend our time building igloos and frying whale blubber. No joke, Lydia. Not trying to confuse you.

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 11, 2017, 10:00:30 PM

Hey, no playing dumb around here. If dymphna thinks she knows what she's talking about we certainly know. She cannot win!!!! ???? Right???? !!!!      HELP. I don't know where I've been OR where I'm going. Oh. Wait. Weren't we on our way home? To the north pole. There is a monastery there for fattish, short, indian, slavic, dark, but not too dark skinned elves..hippyish elves, if you want to come. But you can't be too fat. We spend our time building igloos and frying whale blubber. No joke, Lydia. Not trying to confuse you.

Sure.  Why not?  A trip to the north pole is as nice as any.  Right?   :beer:

Carleendiane

Martin, you stayin up late tonight? Well, please turn off the lights. And brush your teeth. Really Martin. Don't sass, just do it. Gnite, son.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on January 11, 2017, 10:18:48 PM

Hey, I know, I'll pay your expenses. It'll be a freebie 8)

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 11, 2017, 10:23:26 PM
Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on January 11, 2017, 10:18:48 PM

Hey, I know, I'll pay your expenses. It'll be a freebie 8)

:lol:   

It's a deal.  (but I'll bring my goodie basket so I'm not too much of a free-loader 8))

Lydia Purpuraria

Where'd Dymphna go anyway?

Carleendiane

martin88nyc

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 11, 2017, 10:21:27 PM
Martin, you stayin up late tonight? Well, please turn off the lights. And brush your teeth. Really Martin. Don't sass, just do it. Gnite, son.
I'm going to sleep. nighty night
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Carleendiane

Quote from: martin88nyc on January 11, 2017, 10:43:15 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 11, 2017, 10:21:27 PM
I'm going to sleep. nighty night

Night Martin.