go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: Stella Maris on January 09, 2017, 08:50:48 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on January 09, 2017, 08:31:08 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 09, 2017, 08:08:55 PM
S-T-E-L-L-A!!!!!!!!! GET IN HERE RIGHT NOW! the reason you miss the list is because I know and I figure you know..,you have become a given. I can count on you and have no need to call out for you!

Oooh, Stella! You're in the special category. Up there with Jayne. The category that the rest of us can only aspire to. How's it feel?

I know when I'm being humored. That's okay. I'm just going to go sit in the hot tub all by myself. And I'm not going to share my chocolates.

Wow. Can't make some people happy, no matter how hard you try. Eat your damp chocolates in your damp hot tub Stella. All alone Stella. Just eat em.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

So, Dymphna, did you go to dinner with hubby, or just have a cozy nite at home? For your birthday.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 09, 2017, 09:23:08 PM
So, Dymphna, did you go to dinner with hubby, or just have a cozy nite at home? For your birthday.

Went to a favorite restaurant of mine in KC.  Strouds Oak Ridge Manor is the one we like the best. http://www.stroudsnorth.com/  I've got left overs if anybody wants some.  Best dang fried chicken this side of the Mississ... well, the best fried chicken in Kansas and Missouri, we'll put it that way.   :lol:  There's mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans (the kind that are cooked with bacon and onions), and with every meal they serve cinnamon rolls.  They are those Hawaiian dinner rolls rolled in butter, cinnamon, and sugar then fried... I can only eat one per meal, but holy cow are they good!  Hubby got chicken livers for an appetizer this time too.  They were really good as well.  It's all served family style.  No room tonight for the ice cream cake he got me.  We'll see about tomorrow. 

Thanks for asking btw.   :cheeseheadbeer:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Bernadette

Wait, I think I saw that place on the Food Network or the Travel Channel. Are the cinnamon rolls HUGE?
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 09, 2017, 10:10:20 PM

Went to a favorite restaurant of mine in KC.  Strouds Oak Ridge Manor is the one we like the best. http://www.stroudsnorth.com/  I've got left overs if anybody wants some.  Best dang fried chicken this side of the Mississ... well, the best fried chicken in Kansas and Missouri, we'll put it that way.   :lol:  There's mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans (the kind that are cooked with bacon and onions), and with every meal they serve cinnamon rolls.  They are those Hawaiian dinner rolls rolled in butter, cinnamon, and sugar then fried... I can only eat one per meal, but holy cow are they good!  Hubby got chicken livers for an appetizer this time too.  They were really good as well.  It's all served family style.  No room tonight for the ice cream cake he got me.  We'll see about tomorrow. 

:) ;D :)

dymphna17

Quote from: Bernadette on January 09, 2017, 10:14:29 PM
Wait, I think I saw that place on the Food Network or the Travel Channel. Are the cinnamon rolls HUGE?

Good eye Bernadette!  The guy from Man vs Food on the Travel Channel did a segment on it.  A couple of funny take-away's is him saying KC = Killing Chickens, and the other is when he said it was, "whole body licken good" (instead of KFC's finger licken good).  Below is the link to the segment.

http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/man-v-food/video/home-cooked-comfort
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

red solo cup

Is it my imagination or did he refer to Kansas City as the Paris of the plains??
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Chestertonian

Glad you had a pleasant evening out happy birthday
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Bernadette

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 10, 2017, 01:07:58 AM

Good eye Bernadette!  The guy from Man vs Food on the Travel Channel did a segment on it.  A couple of funny take-away's is him saying KC = Killing Chickens, and the other is when he said it was, "whole body licken good" (instead of KFC's finger licken good).  Below is the link to the segment.

No, this would have been from YEARS ago, somewhere around 2005-2006, and it feautred two women ordering JUST cinnamon rolls.  :P One of those 10 Best countdown things, I think. But the existence of that ^ clip makes it likely that there's another one out there somewhere. ;) And regardless, I just want to go there and have that chicken dinner now.
My Lord and my God.

dymphna17

Quote from: red solo cup on January 10, 2017, 04:48:37 AM
Is it my imagination or did he refer to Kansas City as the Paris of the plains??

Ha!  He said it twice!  I think he must mean Paris, Texas.  Otherwise, Paris, France is due an apology and my desire to go there just went out the window.   :lol:
?

dymphna17

Quote from: Chestertonian on January 10, 2017, 06:00:00 AM

Glad you had a pleasant evening out happy birthday

Thank you.  That's very kind of you.   :)
?

martin88nyc

Happy B-day dymphna. ;)
BTW my mom's is today too. She got a bit sick so we didn't throw her a party but she did make her own birthday cake called "Raffaello" after Ferrero Raffaello. you know what I am talking about, small round coconut-almond balls. Yummmm. but unfortunately I don't eat cake, although I'll take a sniff and then swallow the vapors. :(
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

dymphna17

Quote from: Bernadette on January 10, 2017, 10:23:40 AM
Quote from: dymphna17 on January 10, 2017, 01:07:58 AM

No, this would have been from YEARS ago, somewhere around 2005-2006, and it feautred two women ordering JUST cinnamon rolls.  :P One of those 10 Best countdown things, I think. But the existence of that ^ clip makes it likely that there's another one out there somewhere. ;) And regardless, I just want to go there and have that chicken dinner now.

I've got left overs...  I might be able to swing a wing your way without Hubby noticing.  Just say the word.   :pigeons:

There used to be a restaurant north of here that made cinnamon rolls as big as a dinner plate.  Just crazy huge.  The thing was, they were just the dough with cinnamon and sugar.  The way my Mom made them, so consequently the way I made them as well, was with cinnamon, sugar, raisins, pecans, and lots of butter in them.  I hardly ever see them like that.  Do any of you all make them that way?
?

Bernadette

I've always preferred them with raisins and nuts. :)
My Lord and my God.

dymphna17

Quote from: martin88nyc on January 10, 2017, 04:40:05 PM
Happy B-day dymphna. ;)
BTW my mom's is today too. She got a bit sick so we didn't throw her a party but she did make her own birthday cake called "Raffaello" after Ferrero Raffaello. you know what I am talking about, small round coconut-almond balls. Yummmm. but unfortunately I don't eat cake, although I'll take a sniff and then swallow the vapors. :(

Oh my!  A cake made with those coconut-almond balls sounds heavenly!  I'm so sorry she's not feeling well.  That's a bummer on your birthday.  Is her birthday on the 9th or the 10th?  Mine is on the 9th.  Hubby says it's on January, so I have a birthday month.  That way he gets a birthday month in April.   :lol:  But this way your Mom would still have 21 more days to celebrate.   :cheeseheadbeer:
?