go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 01, 2017, 07:50:56 PM
Come..on..guys. Really, I am open for business.
Beauty consultation?
Pub/pool hall?
Counseling?
AA?
Spiritual director?
Fashion consultant?
Barber?
life coach?
Bar tender?
Punisher?
Advocate?
Shepheress?
Mother for loan?

It all here, wrapped up in the go to bed thread. My job is to make you happy.

Oh what a life saver you are!  You should add that to your list. Also, do you know of a good embalmer?  Anyway, I'll have a Punisher and a shepheress, please.  Not sure what a shepheress is, but I'll give it a shot (perhaps that was supposed to say Shepherdess)'?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 02, 2017, 10:48:10 PM
Beauty consultation?
Pub/pool hall?
Counseling?
AA?
Spiritual director?
Fashion consultant?
Barber?
life coach?
Bar tender?
Punisher?
Advocate?
Shepheress?
Mother for loan?

Oh what a life saver you are!  You should add that to your list. Also, do you know of a good embalmer?  Anyway, I'll have a Punisher and a shepheress, please.  Not sure what a shepheress is, but I'll give it a shot (perhaps that was supposed to say Shepherdess)'?

That's right dymphna. Shepherdess. Embalmer. No. I stick to what I know. Punisher is not used except in appropriate situations.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

It's that time again....you know it....I know it. You may not think you need to be told, but I'm telling ya. Get ready for bed. Advice of all types available on the thread and advice of a types given. Come in. Get comfy. Shoes off coats off. There now. Feel better. Tell mama what's on you're mind. Just don't pi** her off.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 03, 2017, 08:12:50 PM
It's that time again....you know it....I know it. You may not think you need to be told, but I'm telling ya. Get ready for bed. Advice of all types available on the thread and advice of a types given. Come in. Get comfy. Shoes off coats off. There now. Feel better. Tell mama what's on you're mind. Just don't pi** her off.

Did you have a nice dinner?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 03, 2017, 08:18:32 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 03, 2017, 08:12:50 PM

Did you have a nice dinner?

Oh yes. Daughter had an ICK seminarian from italy, but really from Jackson, sent to italy, home for break. He is great to talk with. Man does he get it. If he could use the Internet I would have him into the thread to offer advice.

Chestertonian

Beauty consultation?
Pub/pool hall?
Counseling?
AA?
Spiritual director?
Fashion consultant?
Barber?
life coach?
Bar tender?
Punisher?
Advocate?
Shepheress?
Mother for loan?

no embalming forme thanks. My wishes are to have atraditional Catholic funeral mass but be buried out of a Jewish funeral home (i.e. in the ground within 24 hours, no embalming).. Burial in Catholic cemetery
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Dymphna, my dear, where have you scurried off to. S-T-E-L-L-A! Have you seen Dymphna?

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on January 03, 2017, 08:34:58 PM
Beauty consultation?
Pub/pool hall?
Counseling?
AA?
Spiritual director?
Fashion consultant?
Barber?
life coach?
Bar tender?
Punisher?
Advocate?
Shepheress?
Mother for loan?

no embalming forme thanks. My wishes are to have atraditional Catholic funeral mass but be buried out of a Jewish funeral home (i.e. in the ground within 24 hours, no embalming).. Burial in Catholic cemetery

No embalming, Ches, besides, it stinks, really. 24 hours, you'll hardly smell.

Stella Maris

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 03, 2017, 08:35:37 PM
Dymphna, my dear, where have you scurried off to. S-T-E-L-L-A! Have you seen Dymphna?

She just stepped out for a smoke, should be back any minute.

I think that was dymphna, hard to make out in the darkness. All I saw was a shadowy figure and the glow of a hand-rolled cigarette. It nodded to me as I made my way to the door.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Stella Maris on January 03, 2017, 08:46:12 PM

I think that was dymphna, hard to make out in the darkness. All I saw was a shadowy figure and the glow of a hand-rolled cigarette. It nodded to me as I made my way to the door.

Truth. Did it nod to you or beckon to you?

Stella Maris

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 03, 2017, 08:56:46 PM

I think it was a nod. Either way, I just kept walking.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Stella Maris on January 03, 2017, 09:01:21 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 03, 2017, 08:56:46 PM

I think it was a nod. Either way, I just kept walking.

Good for you Stella. Proud of you. Dymphna!!!!!! Got any more smokes?????

dymphna17

I'm right here.  Maybe.  Come to think of it, I could be over there.  It's hard telling with me.  A hand rolled smoke and a nod?  You all forget that I'm from the Southern Mid-West.  You wouldn't get past me without a "Hi, how are you?!"   :seeya:  And a hand rolled smoke?  I don't think so.  How in the world do you all picture me? 
?

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 03, 2017, 09:34:12 PM
I'm right here.  Maybe.  Come to think of it, I could be over there.  It's hard telling with me.  A hand rolled smoke and a nod?  You all forget that I'm from the Southern Mid-West.  You wouldn't get past me without a "Hi, how are you?!"   :seeya:  And a hand rolled smoke?  I don't think so.  How in the world do you all picture me?

Oh dymphna, we were just talking about you, meh....

Stella Maris

Well, if that wasn't you, dymphna... Carleen, you best go check on your animals. It's not really the time of year for rustling, but I'd hate to be the one let some desperado run off your whole herd.