go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

It is still too early for sleep. I will find something productive to do, or at least nondestructive! I am very tired. With that comes overactive emotions. This must be stopped. It is Christmas and my savior is born. So long ago and so now. That is my focus. I always wish I could be one of those shepherds in the field. Frightened by Angels comforted and given the sweet birth announcement. Just a shepherd. Not a teacher or banker or college graduate or computer genius or campaign manager, or ambassador. Just a shepherd in the field,, on a cold night.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

womdwr if those shepherds turned their back on the ram

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on December 26, 2016, 06:59:42 PM
womdwr if those shepherds turned their back on the ram

No. They knew better.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 25, 2016, 09:32:23 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 link=topic=15365.msg358213#msg358213 date=1482720 475
Ha!  We were both so tired (from what I don't know), but we fell asleep in our chairs while discussing what to have for supper.  Just woke up a bit ago and he went to bed.  I'm headed that way soon as well.  Never did figure out what to have for supper.  Meh, there's always tomorrow to stuff our faces.  Night all!   :seeya:

Well for goodness sake dymphna, you could have come here for dinner. Seriously. Just the two of you would not have made a dent in the amount of dinner on my table  Too bad I didn't know you were gonna be alone. I would have invited you to eat. You've gotta say something, my dear. Anyway, the Christmas Child is born. God bless you both!

Quote from: Chestertonian on December 25, 2016, 08:32:02 PM
Glad everyone had a good Christmas tired

My son was so tired he went to bed at 7pm he is still in my bed now we are hoping the baby gives us a good night's sleep for Christmas

Ches, I hope to sleep well tòo.Was ùp way late last night wrapping gifts..Thankfully, I had my dauughter to lend a hand. Hope you sleep well,  ALL of you.   :pray3:

Ah, Your kindness is most appreciated, dear Carleen.  We were far from starving.  We had just left Hubby's family's celebration to help Santa Claus (Hubby's brother) go to see some underprivileged kids from Hubby's school bus.  We took pictures for them and passed out gifts.  It was alot of fun.

The children's parents wanted us to come over to their homes stay for the supper they had been cooking since earl in the morning.  A couple were having turkey, a couple ham, one family was going the New Orleans route with red beans & rice among other things, and another was traipsing through Italy.  But we were still stuffed with ham and all that entails.  We got Santa home, came home and collapsed.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on December 26, 2016, 07:12:50 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on December 25, 2016, 09:32:23 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 link=topic=15365.msg358213#msg358213 date=1482720 475
Ha!  We were both so tired (from what I don't know), but we fell asleep in our chairs while discussing what to have for supper.  Just woke up a bit ago and he went to bed.  I'm headed that way soon as well.  Never did figure out what to have for supper.  Meh, there's always tomorrow to stuff our faces.  Night all!   :seeya:

Well for goodness sake dymphna, you could have come here for dinner. Seriously. Just the two of you would not have made a dent in the amount of dinner on my table  Too bad I didn't know you were gonna be alone. I would have invited you to eat. You've gotta say something, my dear. Anyway, the Christmas Child is born. God bless you both!

Quote from: Chestertonian on December 25, 2016, 08:32:02 PM
Glad everyone had a good Christmas tired

My son was so tired he went to bed at 7pm he is still in my bed now we are hoping the baby gives us a good night's sleep for Christmas

Ches, I hope to sleep well tòo.Was ùp way late last night wrapping gifts..Thankfully, I had my dauughter to lend a hand. Hope you sleep well,  ALL of you.   :pray3:

Ah, Your kindness is most appreciated, dear Carleen.  We were far from starving.  We had just left Hubby's family's celebration to help Santa Claus (Hubby's brother) go to see some underprivileged kids from Hubby's school bus.  We took pictures for them and passed out gifts.  It was alot of fun.

The children's parents wanted us to come over to their homes stay for the supper they had been cooking since earl in the morning.  A couple were having turkey, a couple ham, one family was going the New Orleans route with red beans & rice among other things, and another was traipsing through Italy.  But we were still stuffed with ham and all that entails.  We got Santa home, came home and collapsed.

Dymphna, what a sweet work of charity! I am so glad to have a friend like you! I would hope that if I were without children I would serve children in one fashion or another.I like the Santa fashion very much!

Carleendiane

Going to bed and hopefully I'll dream of being a shepherd with my eyes upon  the ram and the ram kneels down just before the music begins, Ches. Then I'll be safe with my face turned towards heaven...wondering where the music, that beautiful music is coming from. It'll be great! Nite all. Be good.

Carleendiane

Since I was late opening up last nite I am opening early. We really should do a bit of cleanup around here. Santa is getting lost in the mess. Cans, bottles, candy wrappers, chip bags. Really should get the place clean again. Kaese may not appreciate this mess.

But...good evening  people. Come on in and have a drin?

Fleur-de-Lys

I'm making margaritas, stiff ones. Come pour yourselves a glass, with or without salt on the rim. There are chips and salsa on the table, guacamole too.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 27, 2016, 05:47:48 PM
Since I was late opening up last nite I am opening early. We really should do a bit of cleanup around here. Santa is getting lost in the mess. Cans, bottles, candy wrappers, chip bags. Really should get the place clean again. Kaese may not appreciate this mess.

Hey, wait a minute.  We are Traditional Catholics, not yayhoos at a rap concert. I had it all cleaned up this morning and it wasn't too terrible.  What happened?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Oh my dymphna, I was thinking it was in the same shape I saw it last nite. I have slept all day off and on and just wrote without looking. Now I can see that it is tidy in here, did you hit the bathrooms? Just askin. Thanks for your efforts.

MundaCorMeum

I just had the kids do a 10 minute pickup.  We should be good.  Margaritas, chips and salsa time!

Carleendiane

Sounds great munda! Thanks.

Carleendiane

Between you and fleur, dymphna....and I will not have to go hungry or "thirsty".

MundaCorMeum

Family movie night!  Who wants popcorn and sour candies?

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 27, 2016, 05:47:48 PM

. Post Christmas mess is the best kind of mess
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"