go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akavit

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 19, 2016, 10:16:51 PM
BERNADETTE!!!!!!!!I must be missing something. Not getting this about Akavit. What did I discover about him?

Hopefully, nothing.  I like keeping my secrets back.  It makes the grand reveal that much more dramatic.  Timing is everything.

By the way, you should get yourself some Bacon Mace.  It's bacon-laced pepper spray that should get Ihassen Ben Soba hoofing it to Mecca if he ever comes at you with a sword.  (you'll have to make your own)

Quote from: Bernadette on December 19, 2016, 09:22:57 PM
Quote from: Akavit on December 19, 2016, 08:07:50 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on December 19, 2016, 07:00:00 PM
If it wasn'the Heinrich, then it was Akavit, who is probably feeling crappie about not making us a coffee table for morning thread.

Not I.  If it were, you wouldn't find a peep hole. 

So Sherlock Holmes-y.  :lol: Sherlockian?  :huh:

Capital, Watson!  Sherlockian is indeed, the correct term.  If you would kindly retrieve the Urban Dictionary from the third shelf, you will find the entry under "S".

Yes, I have read all the books.

Carleendiane

What a great suggestion, Akavit, peppèr  spray! Yes. I will. And I will look it (sherlockian speeak)up. Plus, it seems we need some more books in go to bed.Under S, huh? I'm on it. SHERLOCK talk. Sherlock expressions. 8h, it's way up high. Just gonna grab a ladder.....................................yep.........sure enough, sherlockian.....well,there you go.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

You hear that Kaese? Need more books in go to bed. Akavit has read them all. How about some man books? G-nite Kaese. Hope you passed your test tòdayl
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

The Count of Monte Cristo. Everyone thinks it's about revenge. But it isn't, really.  ;)
My Lord and my God.

Akavit

Quote from: Bernadette on December 19, 2016, 11:01:03 PM
The Count of Monte Cristo. Everyone thinks it's about revenge. But it isn't, really.  ;)

I haven't read the real one but I did have the condensed kiddie version that I read while young.

QuoteRising young lad gets arrested, makes bone knife and escapes via old man's body bag, finds piles of gems, goes home and says, "I am the Count of Monte Cristo.  You have betrayed me.  Prepare to die.

It wasn't quite that bowdlerized.

There's something about short (or shortened stories) that changes the whole tone of a story.  In the case of Monte Cristo, it reinforces the idea that revenge is the theme of the story (and not having read the real novel, I don't know anything else about it).

My favorite example of a story that is so condensed that it lacks the context necessary for believable characterization would be Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves.  That one never ceases to make me laugh.  When the serving woman boils 39 people alive in oil then decapitates the guest of a dinner party, the elder's reaction is pretty incongruous.

You have dishonored my family!  What?  They were thieves?  How resourceful and virtuous you are!  Son, you must marry this woman!"

But enough books for now.  I've got an alternator to pull in the morning.  Adios.

Carleendiane

Hi Ches. I see you. Hope family is well.

Carleendiane

Ok. Keep talking. And with that being said...why am I not 50 points ahead?????? Well Shillery, you are now smashed, refusing to accept defeat. By now she should be good at it, she lost every step, every step of the way!!!!!!! Putin, hacking,   silly investigations, Trumps lies about her, this is why she lost. Not because SHE is the liar, SHE is a pig, SHE is a criminal and SHE is just plain disgusting in all ways.Oh, no, it was NOT her fault. They cheated every which way they could possibly, conceivably, cheat. That darn Donna Brazille, feeding her questions to be asked at the debates during the primaries. That darn Donna. You notice she did not refuse to use them.

Ok, the thread is open. Found my keys. Will be checking all ye who knock. Making sure no one tries to come in with a machette, a chainsaw, or a bomb strapped on them. I must make sure my people are safe. You must be able to come in, put your feet up and put your load down. Please come, bring the beer, or mimosa. Just bring something. Oh and don't forget the password. Bigfoot. That's the password. Unless SD is hacked by the Russians this will help so I do not open the door to trouble.

Chestertonian

Zzzz  hanging out with a sleeping snoring baby
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on December 20, 2016, 09:02:10 PM

Are you SURE Ches? That could be you snoring. Bet he smells good. Baby good. Well, we'll keep or voices down. Don't want to wake him, or you for that matter :D

Carleendiane

Going to sleep early tonight. Keep the overhead light on . Hopefully I'll remember to turn it off in the morning. Had husband install lights above all your beds, so you can read or whatever....work crossword or other games. Not to worry, he is an electrician. G-nite all. If I pop in a again that will mean I couldn't sleep. Ì do hope I'll sleep.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 20, 2016, 09:06:40 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on December 20, 2016, 09:02:10 PM

Are you SURE Ches? That could be you snoring. Bet he smells good. Baby good. Well, we'll keep or voices down. Don't want to wake him, or you for that matter :D

Haha well I guess the one good thing about having a trach is not snoring  although instead we have noisy vent noise not sure what he smells like...probably smells like a baby.  Bigger kid has been sleepwalking which is...quirky
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

All I have to do is call my dog, and tell him it's bedtime and he comes in cult into à ball and sleeps right by my bed. It's so cute.  What a buddy. Even if he does leave at some point every night.

So, you are a bit noisy. Watch Peter, he might get lost. Well, I'm sure you lock your roors. Sounds like things are calm there. Good deal. Everybody sleeps. Perfect.

Bernadette

I wish my dog slept in bed with me. :( But no, she'd rather sleep in my aunt's bed, with the boxer. I used to bring her out to my house at night, and it was like I was leading her down the green mile, every night. Finally I felt so bad that I just let her stay there, when my aunt said she didn't care.
My Lord and my God.

JubilateDeo

I'm happy to say that I have no one sleeping in my bed tonight, and that's the way I like it!!  2 year old is in her toddler bed right next to me, though.  No snoring, no nursing, no nothing!!

Fleur-de-Lys

I don't think I could sleep in a bed all by myself. It would just be too weird.  :D