go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

With all the ppeople who post here you'd think the closet would be overflowing with quilts with all the quilters

"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

dymphna17

Not sure why, but my head med hit me hard last night.  Hubby came and woke me up (something he very rarely does since sleep and the lack there of is such a problem for me) anyway, the last time I remember looking at the clock, it was 11:30.  It was about 2:45 when he woke me up.  My head and one of my arms were off the side of my chair and I was holding my laptop's mouse.  My poor hand was puffy and my shoulder was tingly!  I tell you what, I'm a little nervous to take any tonight!  The only thing I can think of is that I took the last of the bottle and maybe got a concentrated dose.  I've never had that reaction to it before.  I tell you, the things that happen during the night, make it worth staying up for.   :lol:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on December 17, 2016, 08:17:45 PM
With all the ppeople who post here you'd think the closet would be overflowing with quilts with all the quilters

I know. Right? I've asked Bernadette, to make me a quilt, but so far, no go. Can you believe that Ches? After I have adopted her...gave her a good morning,....a go to bed, morning coffee, parties to attend and all I ask for is a quilt.That's not too much to ask. Inthink. What is your take, Ches? Bernadette, out of concern for me should make sure I'm warm and cozy, and wrapped in a homemade quilt.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on December 17, 2016, 08:43:45 PM
Not sure why, but my head med hit me hard last night.  Hubby came and woke me up (something he very rarely does since sleep and the lack there of is such a problem for me) anyway, the last time I remember looking at the clock, it was 11:30.  It was about 2:45 when he woke me up.  My head and one of my arms were off the side of my chair and I was holding my laptop's mouse.  My poor hand was puffy and my shoulder was tingly!  I tell you what, I'm a little nervous to take any tonight!  The only thing I can think of is that I took the last of the bottle and maybe got a concentrated dose.  I've never had that reaction to it before.  I tell you, the things that happen during the night, make it worth staying up for.   :lol:

Head meds. Never took them, but sure have taken a lot of meds in my life. Your reaction to a med is your reaction. You are unique and it can hit you in an entirely different way from any one else. You go back to doc and he says "well....that's never been reported." And you end up feeling silly or overeacting. But do keep trying different thiings. You may just hit upon something that is effective and works. Prayers, dymphna. Can't stand thinking of you suffering with no help, no relief.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Alright. Going to bed. Nite all.

Carleendiane

Sorry so late. I do hope that you've hopped into Jammies and drank drinks, warmed up by fire and brushed teeth. You're all big kids. You know what to do. Go get your favorite favorites. Pillows, blankets, whatnot. There you go. Now Dymphna, your friend, will sell...I mean tell you a story. There is a small fee for this X-tra. But it's for a good causel...ME. Yes, ME.

Carleendiane

8:00. OPEN UP!!!! OK. HANG ON  SEC. There found em. Keys. Sorry I have to lock the thread, but who knows. Might have a terrorist try to get in here and behead me. You don't know. So we are now standing outside until I get the key out. Fumble it. Drop it. And get it in the lock. WAIT A MINUTE RABBIT! WHICH ONE OF YOU MANLY MEN INSTALLED AN OVERHEAD LIGHT AND A PEEP HOLE? I think it was Heinrich. Yep for sure Heinrich. He was feeling a tad guilty for not dropping in to the morning thread for coffee, or the bed thread for a drink. If it wasn'the Heinrich, then it was Akavit, who is probably feeling crappie about not making us a coffee table for morning thread.

Akavit

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 19, 2016, 07:00:00 PM
If it wasn'the Heinrich, then it was Akavit, who is probably feeling crappie about not making us a coffee table for morning thread.

Not I.  If it were, you wouldn't find a peep hole.  It would be a complex network of cameras (both real and dummy) and interlaced motion detectors.  The other day I was updating my alarm system and it's rather fun trying to break into my own building.

Just in case anyone wants to know, inching forward at a pace of 1 foot per minute doesn't fool the motion detectors.  A leopard crawl and judicious use of cover is more effective but it's difficult to pull off if the sensors are coming from multiple directions.

Carleendiane

Thanks Akavit. Of course. Of course I would not just flat out find the peephole. Of course it would not even be noticeable if YOU, AKAVIT had made it. Geesh...what was I thinking. These things are your specialty. Motion detectors....I know nothing about. This is how I now KNOW it was Heinrich. He can only be mean to me for so long, right? The gun thread, when he told me to get back to Mary's Garden "And bring Ches with you"....that thread......well, he was mean, so, I think he just made an attempt to make up by installing a crappy peep hole and a piece of junk overhead light. It was rather sweet of him, don'cha think? He went out of his comfort zone, out of his teaching skills and attempted to protect me from a possible beheading. I can just see him working all day on it so it would be done before we all start getting ready for bed. Here's to Heinrich... :cheeseheadbeer:

Bernadette

Quote from: Akavit on December 19, 2016, 08:07:50 PM
If it wasn'the Heinrich, then it was Akavit, who is probably feeling crappie about not making us a coffee table for morning thread.

Not I.  If it were, you wouldn't find a peep hole. 

So Sherlock Holmes-y.  :lol: Sherlockian?  :huh:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on December 19, 2016, 09:22:57 PM

Yes, I guess I have some similarity  to SURElock. I investigate and use the clues available, Benadette. If need be! And I saw a need and put on my SURELOCK hat, and solved the dilemma of who installed the peep hole and overhead light in our go to bed thread to avoid losing my bedhead.or maybe someone else, opening the thread when I am not available to open up.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 19, 2016, 10:09:30 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on December 19, 2016, 09:22:57 PM

Yes, I guess I have some similarity  to SURElock. I investigate and use the clues available, Benadette. If need be! And I saw a need and put on my SURELOCK hat, and solved the dilemma of who installed the peep hole and overhead light in our go to bed thread to avoid losing my bedhead.or maybe someone else, opening the thread when I am not available to open up.

I meant Akavit, actually...  Don't hate me! :-[ :-X
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

BERNADETTE!!!!!!!!I must be missing something. Not getting this about Akavit. What did I discover about him?

Bernadette

You mean you can't read my mind, Carleen?!  :lol:  I meant Akavit was the one who was "Sherlockian," since he said that if he had installed the peephole, no one would have seen it. It reminded me of one of Holmes' lines in "The Adventure of the Devil's Foot":

"I followed you."
"I saw no one!"
"That is what you can expect to see, when I follow you."

My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on December 19, 2016, 10:24:20 PM
You mean you can't read my mind, Carleen?!  :lol:  I meant Akavit was the one who was "Sherlockian," since he said that if he had installed the peephole, no one would have seen it. It reminded me of one of Holmes' lines in "The Adventure of the Devil's Foot":

"I followed you."
"I saw no one!"
"That is what you can expect to see, when I follow you."

Oh, thanks Birdie, that would have kept me up ALL night. Thank you for helping me get that figured out. I'm gonna be OK now.