go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 08, 2016, 08:53:35 PM
Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on December 08, 2016, 07:49:11 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on December 08, 2016, 07:40:50 PM
I'm back now. Did not go out to eat, but picked up some ice cream. Breyer vanilla. A favorite of mine. Love to mix peanut butter in it. And cocoa powder. How do you guys jazz up your vanilla ice cream?

I scoop it onto a piece of warm apple pie.

Fleur, you wouldnt, by chance, have some apple pie, do you?

No, but I think there's still a slice of pumpkin in the back of the fridge. I should probably go throw that away...

Carleendiane

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on December 08, 2016, 09:08:02 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on December 08, 2016, 08:53:35 PM
Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on December 08, 2016, 07:49:11 PM
I'm back now. Did not go out to eat, but picked up some ice cream. Breyer vanilla. A favorite of mine. Love to mix peanut butter in it. And cocoa powder. How do you guys jazz up your vanilla ice cream?

I scoop it onto a piece of warm apple pie.

Fleur, you wouldnt, by chance, have some apple pie, do you?

No, but I think there's still a slice of pumpkin in the back of the fridge. I should probably go throw that away...

No! It's ok. I'll eat it. Oh, listen to me! I just had my ice cream. I don't need another bite. Go. Go throw the da** pie away! Before I eat it.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

It's time. Time to get a drink of something, anything. Just get it and give it up. Really, are you going to make progress on anything right now? I have some hot cocoa, some Baileys, whisky, coffee, decaf, tea, beer, cigars. Come. The day is over. Really it is. Get in pj's if you haven't already. If you've been in them all day, just put some clean ones on.

The choir is practicing. Very beautiful backdrop to what we're doing right now. Just sitting in our room. Dog can't go join them, which breaks his doggy heart. Everyone is his friend, but one lady is allergic, so he has to stay in our bedroom. This is torture for Logan. So many people smells are being withheld from him. Sad. Just sad. He lays in the room completely despondent. He doesn't bark or whine, but you can see it in his eyes.Not kidding.He picks up a tad when we say our rosary, but then goes for a downward spin into sadness and depression. As soon as the allergy, party wrecker woman leaves, he out there charming his fans.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

cocoa in vanilla ice cream why not just buy chocolate
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Chestertonian

verytired,rehab is kicking my butt.  supposed to go home soon sothey are trying to do as much as possibleinthe last few days.  mrs c hasbeen busy learning vent/trach care and we are supposed to spend the night inthis "mock apartment" which is like an apartment off the rehab unit where people practice adl's duringthe day and supposed to try a night with my wife alone with no help from nursing staff and see how it goes before they dischargeme, if they areneeded they are right there.  but the Mrs had to leave the baby at my moms after working a full day without the baby,so that is sad.  but nice to have alone time,which we never get.  i think my wife is too stressed and overwhelmed about not accidentally killing me to really enjoy herself.  but hey, id rather die accidentally at home with her than live in a nursing home... its the final exam of rehab so to speak,if it goes well i go home
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on December 09, 2016, 08:15:59 PM
cocoa in vanilla ice cream why not just buy chocolate

Yes that does seem odd, but a lot of chocolate ice cream does not have that true cocoa flavor. A lot of it tastes like it has been made with some kind of chocolate syrup.

Quote from: Chestertonian on December 09, 2016, 08:24:08 PM
verytired,rehab is kicking my butt.  supposed to go home soon sothey are trying to do as much as possibleinthe last few days.  mrs c hasbeen busy learning vent/trach care and we are supposed to spend the night inthis "mock apartment" which is like an apartment off the rehab unit where people practice adl's duringthe day and supposed to try a night with my wife alone with no help from nursing staff and see how it goes before they dischargeme, if they areneeded they are right there.  but the Mrs had to leave the baby at my moms after working a full day without the baby,so that is sad.  but nice to have alone time,which we never get.  i think my wife is too stressed and overwhelmed about not accidentally killing me to really enjoy herself.  but hey, id rather die accidentally at home with her than live in a nursing home... its the final exam of rehab so to speak,if it goes well i go home

Will say a few prayers it goes well Ches. I agree with you. I'd rather die at home, because of an innocent  mistake, than at a hospital or nursing home. But yes, the stress involved with these delicate aspects must be heavy on her shoulders It won't be for long. It will become routine for her as she becomes adept at this.  Of course you feel her stress. The responsibility is great. But it will become easier and she will feel less afraid of these responsibilities. She will be good at it because she loves you. She will WANT to do this for you. She will become so skilled and successful with these procedures, she won't want anyone else to do them for you. I know this. It would be a natural transition from fear to skill. When the ones we love need this or that, we find a way to do it and do it well.

Carleendiane

G-nite all. Get some rest. Tomorrow will be here before you know it. See you in good morning, turn lights off and lock the doors. Do you want somebody to steal me? When they got into the light to checknow me out, they'd be p****d off and return me.

dymphna17

Wow, Ches!  Carleen is right.  Once the initial fear is overcome, you all will be pros at all the practices and procedures.  There will still be a little fear, naturally.  We love and take care of each other with the hopes that we never become part of what injures the other.  Mentally, spiritually, or physically.  When the one we love has an illness that we will participate in caretaking for, that just ups the ante a bit.

I never thought about it until your post about the "mock apartment", but that has such great potential to aid you all.  A new Chief of Staff was hired at the psych hospital I worked at and his specialty was geriatric psychiatry.  Soon after, a wing of the hospital that wasn't being utilized became the new geriatric wing.  We set up a few connected rooms as an apartment with all the bells and whistles.  It's main initial use was to aid in the diagnosis of dementia and Alzheimer's.  At first I thought there was no way this was going to help.  It didn't make sense to ask a possible dementia patient to remember where they put their checkbook so they could sit down and pay their bills or to know where the linen closet was so they could get the sheets out to make the bed in a completely foreign environment.  But I found out that these things were part of the set up to discover the degree of difficulty the patient could handle.  Soon "the apartment" was also used to examine how patients would interact with various family/caregivers, it allowed the doctors and nurses to evaluate whether or not a new treatment or medication was helping or hurting them.  There were hundreds of applications this idea of a mock apartment helped.

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not comparing your situation with those of geriatric psych patients.  I'm just saying that there may be a few ways that you all can benefit from a set up such as this that will be new.  Prayers for a wonderful turnout.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 09, 2016, 10:32:06 PM
G-nite all. Get some rest. Tomorrow will be here before you know it. See you in good morning, turn lights off and lock the doors. Do you want somebody to steal me? When they got into the light to checknow me out, they'd be p****d off and return me.

Why?  Do you not brush your hair or gargle with mouthwash before bed?   :P   :lol:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

We are open. Come. Come rant. Come rave. Tell jokes. Confess. Just don't have a cruddy attitude. Share tips Share experiences. Recipes. Memories. Much to talk about. Come check it out.You just may enjoy the humor and friendliness .

Fleur-de-Lys

I'm going to take my children for a walk around the neighborhood to look at Christmas lights. When we get back I'll brew a pot of spearmint tea.

Chestertonian

Quote from: dymphna17 on December 09, 2016, 11:35:03 PM
Wow, Ches!  Carleen is right.  Once the initial fear is overcome, you all will be pros at all the practices and procedures.  There will still be a little fear, naturally.  We love and take care of each other with the hopes that we never become part of what injures the other.  Mentally, spiritually, or physically.  When the one we love has an illness that we will participate in caretaking for, that just ups the ante a bit.

I never thought about it until your post about the "mock apartment", but that has such great potential to aid you all.  A new Chief of Staff was hired at the psych hospital I worked at and his specialty was geriatric psychiatry.  Soon after, a wing of the hospital that wasn't being utilized became the new geriatric wing.  We set up a few connected rooms as an apartment with all the bells and whistles.  It's main initial use was to aid in the diagnosis of dementia and Alzheimer's.  At first I thought there was no way this was going to help.  It didn't make sense to ask a possible dementia patient to remember where they put their checkbook so they could sit down and pay their bills or to know where the linen closet was so they could get the sheets out to make the bed in a completely foreign environment.  But I found out that these things were part of the set up to discover the degree of difficulty the patient could handle.  Soon "the apartment" was also used to examine how patients would interact with various family/caregivers, it allowed the doctors and nurses to evaluate whether or not a new treatment or medication was helping or hurting them.  There were hundreds of applications this idea of a mock apartment helped.

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not comparing your situation with those of geriatric psych patients.  I'm just saying that there may be a few ways that you all can benefit from a set up such as this that will be new.  Prayers for a wonderful turnout.
was pretty nice we had the place to ourselves and the mrs slept ok.  Going home tomorrow in time for my birthday and hopefully Christmas

Carleendiane

Happy to hear this, Ches. Your family will be together. That is the greatest gift for this advent, Christmas season. I feel like kicking up my heals, But as you know, I cant. I am such an accident waiting to happen. If I kick my heals up, I'm the one who will spend Christmas in hospital. So instead I will rejoice in my heart. More mature anyway. Thanks God. Thanks for Ches being home for Christmas.

Carleendiane

Yes! It's time, you know. It's time to take your pills. Time to get a snack, time to go find some pjs. Or get up and go clothes. Time to get that rosary said. Or to say novena. Time to get a drink. Time to pop that popcorn. Time to set that alsrm. Time to find your slippers and a nice cigar. Time to throw a log on the fire. Time to put kids to bed. Time to get your book. Or get that chocolate bar. Make your cocoa. Put on some music. Time to take the trash out. Time to chat with hubby. Or wife. Time to get those bills organized so you can send them out tomorrow . So find your check book. I spell my name, C-A-R--L-E-E-N. :cheeseheadbeer

Ok. That taken care of the GO TO BED thread is now open. Come on in. Bring your beverages and cigars. Oh, please slip your boots off. My wood floors, you know. Hubby, just a tad touchy about his floors.Hey, you have any sweets? A cookie, or pie or cake. Anything? Come on....you must have something. I don't want a hamburger. Or a brat. Just one small piece of pie. One small piece of cake. I just want a teeny treat. I do like fruit. What do you guys snack on at night?

Martin. We need to talk. I think...I don't know this....but I think that Heinrich has gotten to you.u We were doing so well too. Something happened, Martin. Something has created a wedge between us. Our friendly, supportive, pleasant relationship has been flushed down the toilet. Was it the teasing I did about your underwear? I admit this may be the worm that has caused this Devastating  breach between us. The great divide. Has someone influenced you, caluminated against me? Martin, I am at a complete loss over our rift. We had something good going on. We had a sweet friendship. My heart hurts just to think i have lost you. Hey, I know, the men, they teased you about good morning and go to bed. That's it. It could not be MY fault. Please respond Martin. I deserve at least an explanation. Somebody, please help me.

MundaCorMeum

How about a piece of cookie cake?  My daughter made one to take to co-op tomorrow.  The husband snuck a corner piece out of it already; everyone else may as well, too  ::). I'm wiped out! Last week was crazy busy, and this week will be no different.  Turning in early tonight.