go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Lydia....2 new songs in arts and leisure.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Hey, where is everyone? Everyone go off to chat? Or did everyone really go to bed?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 06, 2016, 09:02:24 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on December 06, 2016, 08:47:45 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on December 06, 2016, 08:30:55 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on December 06, 2016, 08:25:46 PM
I've been waiting all day for this.  Have you ever gotten out of bed only to dream of getting back in all. day. long?  Hey, wait a minute.  Didn't maryslittlegarden just have a day like this?  It must be spreading!  Guard yourselves people!

Oh my friend, almost every day. I must decrease so He can increase, or something like that. I find my sore self having to find ways to busy myself so I don't just gravitate back to my bed. I LOVE MY BED.Too much. Yes, I must be on guard. Do you think Mary brought the get in bed disease to this thread and good morning thread?

I used to love my bed, too.  But then we had an argument over nothing and broke up.  Beds can be so temperamental, you know?  I think the old heated waterbed had too much of a hold on me.  I just never got over it and I think the new bed instinctively knew it.  It made for a lumpy relationship.  I can't get the waterbed out of my mind.  *sigh

I don't know if MLG brought the bug in or not, but I suggest everyone check themselves before coming into contact with others.  Be vigilant everyone!  We don't want the CSC (Centers for Sleep Control) breathing down our necks.

Dymphna, maybe just a touch of water on the brain here. Just sayin. Your bed having temperament and all. Just doesn't make sense, love.

I posted two new songs in arts and leisure. Check it out, dymphna, pretty sweet. Good studio recordings.

Oh, I beg to differ, albeit politely.  Haven't you ever heard of Tempurpedic mattresses?  Tempurpedic is the Finnish word for temperamental.  I do admit that water may be on my brain.  But that's what they said my helmet was for.  Guess I need to adjust the chinstrap.  Off to go check out the new music.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

QUESTION: For anyone who knows. Will 2 benedry at night to help me sleep, harm me? I also take 4 chewable melatonin. This mixture does help me sleep, but does the benedryl do harm?

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on December 06, 2016, 09:51:32 PM
I've been waiting all day for this.  Have you ever gotten out of bed only to dream of getting back in all. day. long?  Hey, wait a minute.  Didn't maryslittlegarden just have a day like this?  It must be spreading!  Guard yourselves people!

Oh my friend, almost every day. I must decrease so He can increase, or something like that. I find my sore self having to find ways to busy myself so I don't just gravitate back to my bed. I LOVE MY BED.Too much. Yes, I must be on guard. Do you think Mary brought the get in bed disease to this thread and good morning thread?

I used to love my bed, too.  But then we had an argument over nothing and broke up.  Beds can be so temperamental, you know?  I think the old heated waterbed had too much of a hold on me.  I just never got over it and I think the new bed instinctively knew it.  It made for a lumpy relationship.  I can't get the waterbed out of my mind.  *sigh

I don't know if MLG brought the bug in or not, but I suggest everyone check themselves before coming into contact with others.  Be vigilant everyone!  We don't want the CSC (Centers for Sleep Control) breathing down our necks.

Dymphna, maybe just a touch of water on the brain here. Just sayin. Your bed having temperament and all. Just doesn't make sense, love.

I posted two new songs in arts and leisure. Check it out, dymphna, pretty sweet. Good studio recordings.

Oh, I beg to differ, albeit politely.  Haven't you ever heard of Tempurpedic mattresses?  Tempurpedic is the Finnish word for temperamental.  I do admit that water may be on my brain.  But that's what they said my helmet was for.  Guess I need to adjust the chinstrap.  Off to go check out the new music.

True. True enough. I did not think long enough or hard enough about thus, dymphna, but what you say makes too much sense. But then you do have water on you brain...there's that to consider.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 06, 2016, 10:00:08 PM

True. True enough. I did not think long enough or hard enough about thus, dymphna, but what you say makes too much sense. But then you do have water on you brain...there's that to consider.

:pigeons:   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on December 06, 2016, 10:03:06 PM

:bs: :knit: :rofl: :expect: :pregnant: :beer: :pigeons: :swoon2: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :whistling:

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 06, 2016, 09:54:05 PM
QUESTION: For anyone who knows. Will 2 benedry at night to help me sleep, harm me? I also take 4 chewable melatonin. This mixture does help me sleep, but does the benedryl do harm?

Hmm.  I can't say with certainty that it would harm you or to what extent (without looking into it some more first), but my gut tells me that it most likely isn't the best route to go.   Especially long term.

Maybe you could try green tea instead?  You can get the theanine in capsule form as well, but some would say it's better to just drink the tea and avoid the pills.  Maybe Maximilian will see this and chime in, he knows a lot about green tea, etc.  And of course, there are a few different herbal teas that can help as sleep aids, too! 

That's all I've got off the top of my head -- now I'm going to listen to your harmonica songs!

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 06, 2016, 10:07:28 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on December 06, 2016, 10:03:06 PM

:bs: :knit: :rofl: :expect: :pregnant: :beer: :pigeons: :swoon2: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :whistling:

You win!   :cheesehead:
?

Carleendiane

Of course I win. I went over the top, my dear.

Thanks lydia. I appreciate your input. I'm inclined, without researching, to believe I do myself no favors using the benedryl, night after night, in this way. It's not natural. I know this. But thank you none the less. Max never pops his head in. Never. Just like Heinrich. Probably thinks it girly.

Carleendiane

Fleur, there's no drama on the forum. Can't you drum up some sophisticated, classy drama? Please?

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 06, 2016, 10:15:11 PM
Of course I win. I went over the top, my dear.

Thanks lydia. I appreciate your input. I'm inclined, without researching, to believe I do myself no favors using the benedryl, night after night, in this way. It's not natural. I know this. But thank you none the less. Max never pops his head in. Never. Just like Heinrich. Probably thinks it girly.

You're welcome.  And yeah...Heinrich probably does think it's girly. ;D  Maximilian probably just hasn't seen a topic to comment on yet; or maybe he's already sleeping like a baby by the time this thread rolls around! 

Carleendiane

I go now. G-nite. ?zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: Carleendiane on December 06, 2016, 10:25:32 PM
Fleur, there's no drama on the forum. Can't you drum up some sophisticated, classy drama? Please?

It has to be classy and sophisticated? I'm too tired to be classy and sophisticated. I'm going to bed. Maybe I can start some trouble tomorrow. Good night, all!

Non Nobis

I LOVE MY BED.Too much. Yes, I must be on guard.

I have a "Sleep Comfort" bed that is 15-20 years old. Very comfy. It has been making funny creaking noises for a while now... (as in months).  I have a paranoia that it is going to collapse under me!  Maybe that is just what I need - it would certainly end our relationship!
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!