go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on November 29, 2016, 08:27:43 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 29, 2016, 06:46:14 PM
Dymphna, my room is not nearly as dismal as I may have conveyed. It is a lovely color and has a very large rug. My husband would never live in a dive. He'll buy a dive and have it in good shape within a short amount of time. He is very ambitious. The rest of the house is quite lovely. The bedroom is nice enough to be comphy.We have very similar taste in decor so we never argue about furniture fixtures or colors. The bedroom is just not as decorated as the living or dining room. Not to worry. I am quite satisfied as it is until get around to putting more time and energy into it.

Oh, my!  It seems I've stepped in it again with my ability to be stupid and my inability to communicate.  I never, ever wanted you to think I meant you were living in a dive or that your Husband would make you live in a dive.  Never, ever.  I'm sure it's quite lovely.  I am so sorry for offending you like that.  Maybe someday I'll learn.  I'll keep working on it.

I'm a little confused by this statement though; "You have out-monolog used me Dymphna."  What does this mean?  Again, sorry for the confusion.   :-[

Oh my sweet friend, but I was not offended! You stinker! I should have not elaborated. It's just that decorating is a bit of an art that we both enjoy. Especially decorating on a shoestring budget. Anyway, have a drink dymphna! Cheers. You have to work harder than that to offend me. Really. I'm not thin skinned.

And the part you didn't get...was changed by my tablet, and it did not make sense. It was supposed to say...You have out monologued me. Because I had been going on about my own pathetic monologues. After all my talk about my monologues, you come in with longish post. I was making fun. But being true to my superpower the"confuser" .....all I did was confuse my friend Dymphna. My bad. :cheeseheadbeer:
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

is ok if anyone is offendervv we haveplay doh and carleens therapy doggy
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 29, 2016, 09:11:06 PM

Don't forget the cocoa. And Bernadette may let you wrap up in a quilt. Or....Ches could borrow an 18 lb. security blankee.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

OK, I've had my jello shots (the peach ones and the pineapple were awesome), thanks to maryslittlegarden and OCLittleFlower.  Just what I needed!  And the vodka'd gummy bears were quite yummy!  So glad I had a   I'll cover them now, but since they don't need to be refrigerated we'll just leave them out for anyone one who wants one.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 29, 2016, 09:16:12 PM

Don't forget the cocoa. And Bernadette may let you wrap up in a quilt. Or....Ches could borrow an 18 lb. security blankee.

I'll bring the 11-pound acrylic blanket. I'm sure the dog can bring the weight up to 18 pounds. And the "safe space" is free now. ;) I almost died laughing when I heard the weather announcer call it that!  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

Chestertonian

18lb wooby makes great gift idea for the hubby
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 29, 2016, 10:06:26 PM

To calm my husband's stress I would need a 50 lb. blanket and a ton of play doh. And a helmet playing chant.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 29, 2016, 11:17:02 PM

To calm my husband's stress I would need a 50 lb. blanket and a ton of play doh. And a helmet playing chant.

For my stress, I just need his stress gone. The dog is an essential part of our remedy. Sometimes I wish Logan would sleep with us. He won't because he was taught to stay off beds and furniture. He has been caught stretched out on the couch in the middle of the night. But for the most part, if he was taught not to, he wont.

Carleendiane

Ok, back to bed now. Maybe this time will be the charm. Nite all. Nite Kaese.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 29, 2016, 11:39:03 PM
Ok, back to bed now. Maybe this time will be the charm. Nite all. Nite Kaese.
Night!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

dymphna17

Wow!  I was telling Hubby about your eighteen pound blanket, he turned green with envy.  Do they plug in and heat that way, or do they have another way to heat it?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Fleur-de-Lys

I have a twelve pound blanket with heat and vibrations. It's on my lap now. To turn up the vibrations, you just have to pet her. :D

dymphna17

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on November 30, 2016, 09:07:04 AM
I have a twelve pound blanket with heat and vibrations. It's on my lap now. To turn up the vibrations, you just have to pet her. :D

Now that's my kind of blanket!!  I used to wear ear muffs to bed.  Honkey on one side and Skye on the other.  I sure to miss my ear muffs this time of year.
?

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 29, 2016, 11:17:02 PM

wow that's a lot of deep pressure and proprioceptive input :)

another good way to get proprioceptive input is lifting heavy things, or pushing/pulling something heavy,or heavy exercise.

Quote from: dymphna17 on November 30, 2016, 04:00:57 AM

Wow!  I was telling Hubby about your eighteen pound blanket, he turned green turned green with envy.  Do they plug in and heat that way, or do they have another way to heat it?

the weighted blanket i have is not an electric blanket.  My wife made it from a kit thatshe ordered from this site:

http://www.mosaicweightedblankets.com/xlarge-diy-kit-42x72-18-lbs-poly-pellets/

Bernadette

Anybody else really starting to want one?  :P
My Lord and my God.