Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on November 22, 2016, 12:09:38 AM
Quote from: Chestertonian on November 21, 2016, 11:44:38 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on November 21, 2016, 08:16:16 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on November 21, 2016, 08:44:34 AM
Maybe she'll be a nun some traditional orders still have a biphasic sleep cycle

In such convents, obedience is a prized virtue.  So, I'm just giving her a chance to really hone that virtue; especially when it comes to giving up something she likes, such as choosing her own sleep habits  ;)
hey being on someone elses schedule is not for the faint of heart

i always see being a parent as about training our replacements to do the job we will one day no longer be alive to do.  maybe it's because i am in the "winter" of my life and am more dependent than both of my children... it sure isn't easy having to be on someone else's schedule and not knowing what happens next... and I can't blame my sonfor being fussy and crying sometimes,i am like that too when i wake up and no one is there except when,i wake up  no sound comes from my voice anymore....i might be screaming inside but youcant hear it,unless a nurse deflates the cuff on my trach...nothing but silence just waiting for someone to come.  often joke about it being "great silence" like in a monastery except actuallyreally frightning....thank god for tablets and text messaging....althoughsometimes people dont checktheir texts,i can text my wife but not the nurses so they have no idea

Dear God, Ches.  The things you have to go through...  I woke up the other night from a nightmare that had me literally paralyzed except for shaking from the inner core of my being.  I couldn't make it stop, and the visions from hell were still filling my mind and my eyes.  I keep wondering how to unsee a dream.  I've had alot of bad things happen in my life at night, but this was new.  So many of them all at the same time.  I couldn't cry out, I couldn't pray or picture Our Lord or the Blessed Mother, I was overcome and consumed by this horror.  I thought I was going to die.  I've had pain in my head so bad that I've tried cutting off all my hair after spending hours with my head in a trash can losing more than I had eaten in a week, crying to the point I no longer had tears, and not being able to put two thoughts together.  But this was worse than that.  This shook my soul and I don't know how or why.

I can't even begin to imagine the things you go through.  I know God provides for us so we can save our souls no matter the situation we are in, but now I can't help but wonder about that.  What if I would have died in that moment that my mind and body were out of control?  I don't know.  I've got to think it through again.  How do you deal with these things?  How do you accept them with such grace?  You are amazing and you certainly have my admiration and prayers. It's time to try for bed.  God bless and keep us all close to His most Sacred Heart and the Heart of His Immaculate Mother.

Dear friend. Will be praying no more bad dreams. This is too much.  :grouphug:
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

In such convents, obedience is a prized virtue.  So, I'm just giving her a chance to really hone that virtue; especially when it comes to giving up something she likes, such as choosing her own sleep habits  ;)

i always see being a parent as about training our replacements to do the job we will one day no longer be alive to do.  maybe it's because i am in the "winter" of my life and am more dependent than both of my children... it sure isn't easy having to be on someone else's schedule and not knowing what happens next... and I can't blame my sonfor being fussy and crying sometimes,i am like that too when i wake up and no one is there except when,i wake up  no sound comes from my voice anymore....i might be screaming inside but youcant hear it,unless a nurse deflates the cuff on my trach...nothing but silence just waiting for someone to come.  often joke about it being "great silence" like in a monastery except actuallyreally frightning....thank god for tablets and text messaging....althoughsometimes people dont checktheir texts,i can text my wife but not the nurses so they have no idea

Ches, I'm sorry you have to go through that. It sounds horrific.  I will keep you in my prayers. 

But, please don't think that my keeping the baby up a little later in the evenings, to help shift her sleep time by a few hours, is in anyway causing her to experience what you experience.  No need to feel sorry for her, she's doing just fine  :). I don't blame babies for crying, either.  It's her only way of really communicating at two weeks old. We co-sleep with her, and practice attachment parenting, so it's rare that she even needs to cry, because I beleive in responding promptly to all of baby's cues before they get to the all out crying stage.  And, when we keep her up later in the evening, we don't just leave her in a room alone to cry by herself.  It's usually either myself, my husband, or one of the kids that's holding her, talking to her, and keeping her engaged.  She actually seems to really like it.  So, no need  to be concerned that she's suffering or anything, but I do appreciate your perspective and your concern. Besides, I was only joking about teaching her obedience by sleep training. She's only two weeks old.  It's not time for all that just yet. I pretty much follow her lead on when she needs to eat, sleep, wants to be awake and played with, etc....except for her bedtime....I do try to push that one back, since I have other kids that need me during that day, and it's important for me to be well rested so I can properly care for them, too.  It's not necessarily just about me and my sleep preferences  :)

Carleendiane

Get outta bed! Go get your coffee. It's time.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on November 22, 2016, 08:06:40 AM

Ches, I'm sorry you have to go through that. It sounds horrific.  I will keep you in my prayers. 

But, please don't think that my keeping the baby up a little later in the evenings, to help shift her sleep time by a few hours, is in anyway causing her to experience what you experience.  No need to feel sorry for her, she's doing just fine  :). I don't blame babies for crying, either.  It's her only way of really communicating at two weeks old. We co-sleep with her, and practice attachment parenting, so it's rare that she even needs to cry, because I beleive in responding promptly to all of baby's cues before they get to the all out crying stage.  And, when we keep her up later in the evening, we don't just leave her in a room alone to cry by herself.  It's usually either myself, my husband, or one of the kids that's holding her, talking to her, and keeping her engaged.  She actually seems to really like it.  So, no need  to be concerned that she's suffering or anything, but I do appreciate your perspective and your concern. Besides, I was only joking about teaching her obedience by sleep training. She's only two weeks old.  It's not time for all that just yet. I pretty much follow her lead on when she needs to eat, sleep, wants to be awake and played with, etc....except for her bedtime....I do try to push that one back, since I have other kids that need me during that day, and it's important for me to be well rested so I can properly care for them,excp too.  It's not necessarily just about me and my sleep preferences  :)

Skinfs like she is lucky to have so mane people to love her do you think keep her up a little later helps my wife is in the same boat except he's 2 months he is starting to get grabby  which is developmentally appropriate but makes it hard to be close to me so they swaddle him
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 22, 2016, 09:47:18 AM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on November 22, 2016, 08:06:40 AM

But, please don't think that my keeping the baby up a little later in the evenings, to help shift her sleep time by a few hours, is in anyway causing her to experience what you experience.  No need to feel sorry for her, she's doing just fine  :). I don't blame babies for crying, either.  It's her only way of really communicating at two weeks old. We co-sleep with her, and practice attachment parenting, so it's rare that she even needs to cry, because I beleive in responding promptly to all of baby's cues before they get to the all out crying stage.  And, when we keep her up later in the evening, we don't just leave her in a room alone to cry by herself.  It's usually either myself, my husband, or one of the kids that's holding her, talking to her, and keeping her engaged.  She actually seems to really like it.  So, no need  to be concerned that she's suffering or anything, but I do appreciate your perspective and your concern. Besides, I was only joking about teaching her obedience by sleep training. She's only two weeks old.  It's not time for all that just yet. I pretty much follow her lead on when she needs to eat, sleep, wants to be awake and played with, etc....except for her bedtime....I do try to push that one back, since I have other kids that need me during that day, and it's important for me to be well rested so I can properly care for them,excp too.  It's not necessarily just about me and my sleep preferences  :)

Skinfs like she is lucky to have so mane people to love her do you think keep her up a little later helps my wife is in the same boat except he's 2 months he is starting to get grabby  which is developmentally appropriate but makes it hard to be close to me so they swaddle him

She is very loved around here, and very lucky to be so, indeed.

We've only tried it for two nights now, but it worked beautifully.  She still wakes up to nurse often, but she goes right back to sleep, so it's not a big deal. Will that last?  Who knows.  That's the thing with those tiny ones....their sleep needs change so frequently and are very sporadic, so it is pretty much a constant trial and error for the first few years.  Or, that's how mine have all been, anyway.  They settle into a good routine of sleeping all night by three-ish for us.

I love swaddled babies :). They are so sweet.

Carleendiane

Open until not. Decided that anyone that wants a nightcap...can have one here.

Carleendiane

I said.......NOW OPEN. FREE NIGHTCAPS, and cigars.

Carleendiane

How can I go to bed, when clearly no one, no one is coming in to have a night cap and say good night. Ches, where are you? Non nobis? Munda? Dymphna? Heinrich? Clau Clau? Geremia? Louis? Lynne? Kaese? Martin? Miriam? Jubilate? Stella? Lydia? ResRev? Spera? Fleur? Michael Wilson? Clarence? Jayne, come post a picture or SOMETHING.

Don't be shy. I'm not. Ok, I'll sweeten the deal....with some of Munda's enchiladas. And some Baileys. And some Royal Crown. And some margaritas. And a new toothbrush for use before you really go to bed.

Carleendiane

So.......where is everyone...? Probably on the last movie you saw thread, now that no one is hawking the thread. Very well. I think I'll just have some Baileys on ice for a sweet night cap. Hey, that tastes like another. Sorry guys. Bar closed.

Carleendiane

"Go to bed" is now open. Wines and mixed drinks for the ladies who work their poor fingers to the bone making thanksgiving a delight for their families. They may wish to turn in early. Or not. They may get a second wind and go ahead and make that cherry pie. I say STOP to those silly fools. Sit. That's right, sit and enjoy the drink, even chew your ice if you please.

Carleendiane

Bernadette, Burt and Ernie did NOT eat Big Bird. Neither did Oscar. those were fake legs you saw. How do I know this? Birds have much skinnier legs. Plus if you squint you can see a seam. Now would the real Big Bird have a seam? There, there now. Go make your self a strong one. You had quite a scare today.

dymphna17

You are too loosy goosy tonight!  Break out the medium (not strong!) stuff for the night.  We are going to be here a while.  Is anyone else making Foo Foo?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Ok. So maybe I did imbibe a bit of my offering to my people. Loose yes, maybe. Goosey, no way. Dymphna, I have to taste test the offerings. Quality check.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: dymphna17 on November 23, 2016, 06:27:37 PM
You are too loosy goosy tonight!  Break out the medium (not strong!) stuff for the night.  We are going to be here a while.  Is anyone else making Foo Foo?

What is 'Foo Foo'?

Carleendiane

Foo Foo ? You kidding me? I hAve no idea!