go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on November 20, 2016, 11:24:42 AM
For all who are suffering today, in particular Carleen and Ches.  If I could be there to do something special to make you all feel better I certainly would and wholeheartedly wish I could.  The best I can do is this pitiful cup of ginger tea and send my prayers and offer my sufferings for you all.  Prayers for a standing chair for Ches and maybe a mural on the ceiling of heaven and a warm dog to snuggle with for Carleen.   :pray3: :pray2: :pray1:  I wouldn't take your crosses from you and deny you the glory of heaven you will so richly command, but please know that when you feel alone, you are not.   :grouphug: 

:grouphug:
Thank you dymphna.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

You're welcome, Carleen.  Now lay still.  Do you have enough blankets? How about another pillow?  Would a heating pad help, or make it worse?  Here's a vase of virtually fresh daisies. Bring the outside in.  How are the twins coming?  I'm sorry I'm pestering you, just look in bits.  :)

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on November 20, 2016, 01:07:38 PM
You're welcome, Carleen.  Now lay still.  Do you have enough blankets? How about another pillow?  Would a heating pad help, or make it worse?  Here's a vase of virtually fresh daisies. Bring the outside in.  How are the twins coming?  I'm sorry I'm pestering you, just look in bits.  :)

Heating pad-check
More pillows-check
labor-laborious
lay still- too hard with cracked rib, but trying.
flexeril, for back labor-check
hot toddy?
Hot tea-check
Flowers-check
rosary- check
baby-no show

Thank you my friendly friendly friend
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

But dymphna, who takes care of you?? You're all over caring for boo-boos. How about you. You need a virtual care givver, too! I have a hard time uploading sweet pics like you and jayne. But...I think them for you. Pictures of cuddly sleeping critters. You've got me, dymphna.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 20, 2016, 11:13:19 AM
Quote from: Chestertonian on November 20, 2016, 08:01:24 AM
It'sa holy day??

In bed all day except PT and then vertical bed they tries getting me into my chair but it hurts to sit down.  They are trying to get me approved for a standing wheelchair

Ches, I really have newfound sympathy for your long days in bed. The ceiling fails to entertain. And this is your usual vantage point. Yep, you really need that upright standing wheelchair. Seriously. Don't want you going bonkers on us.
thanks for offering it up for my interntiins having a standing wheelchair would give me a different view that's for sure.  SW thins it will get covered since my current chair is 6 years old... Everyone with a disability I've talked to is ordering all their DME's now before trump gets rid of Medicare, Medicaid, SSI, SSDI

My family is supposed to come soon  so there will be a cute baby to cuddle with.  My older son has made a few murals to look at bit not the ceoling
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 20, 2016, 01:19:34 PM
But dymphna, who takes care of you?? You're all over caring for boo-boos. How about you. You need a virtual care givver, too! I have a hard time uploading sweet pics like you and jayne. But...I think them for you. Pictures of cuddly sleeping critters. You've got me, dymphna.

I tell you what, I had some of the roughest few days of my long, l o n g, life last week.  I accidentally ended up off all of my meds without realizing it and went through some terrible withdrawal symptoms.  I spend 98% of my time alone, so it got really ugly.  I don't deal with change very well, and in the last couple of months, pretty much everything in my life changed.  My Mom died and left an ugly situation, I've got a new cell phone (haven't had one in years) so I'm trying to learn all the stuff on that (remember, I'm old), I'm dealing with family that I haven't had around in years, migraines rule my life, Hubby has little people friends that he's trying to show a better way of life, etc...  Everything just blew up last week.  One of the couple of constant things that I knew I could count on, was you all being here.  You with your chipper, sweet, ways, even when you are down, Ches suffering more than I can even imagine, yet coming here with thoughtful, sometimes funny with his rye humor, posts, in particular the ones about his sons and awesome wife, Lynne with her awesome hugs and advice and kitties, Miriam with her sweet intelligent, and holy posts, maryslittlegarden reminding me of the awesomeness of split pea soup and Fargo with her gentle kind ways, Elizabeth with her way of making something that seems complicated, short and simple, Jayne with her thoughtful posts, Bernadette and her Aunt going through so much change, yet adapting so well and good for a thoughtful post, Verenaerin with her unbelievable family and choleric charitable ways, and I could go on but you get the point (Honorable mention for KK, red solo cup, Greg, Heinrich, Martin,  ;) :cheeseheadbeer: ).

Through the haze, I did have you.  And I thank you. I'm getting myself put back together, a little at a time.  I realize this is all tmi for most of you, but sometimes you don't realize who nor how you help people on their quest for heaven.  Now you have a thought about it and your charity is a blessing.  Thank you. Stick with me, Carleen, you are such a treasure, I'd hate to lose you.   :grouphug:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

I'll be here for you dymphna. Thanks for a sweet thanks.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 20, 2016, 02:38:36 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 20, 2016, 11:13:19 AM
Quote from: Chestertonian on November 20, 2016, 08:01:24 AM
It'sa holy day??

In bed all day except PT and then vertical bed they tries getting me into my chair but it hurts to sit down.  They are trying to get me approved for a standing wheelchair

Ches, I really have newfound sympathy for your long days in bed. The ceiling fails to entertain. And this is your usual vantage point. Yep, you really need that upright standing wheelchair. Seriously. Don't want you going bonkers on us.
thanks for offering it up for my interntiins having a standing wheelchair would give me a different view that's for sure.  SW thins it will get covered since my current chair is 6 years old... Everyone with a disability I've talked to is ordering all their DME's now before trump gets rid of Medicare, Medicaid, SSI, SSDI

My family is supposed to come soon  so there will be a cute baby to cuddle with.  My older son has made a few murals to look at bit not the ceoling

Ches, glad to hear you may get upright and cuddly baby and son with pics and wife coming to see you. I know that can not happen everyday. Your visitors cheer me up! How bout that! I'm happy for you. I'm see'in it now. It's nice. :D

Carleendiane

Hoping to sleep through the night. I've been a giant baby staying awake when I should be sleeping. A giant colicky baby. My goal is to stay up til ten. We'look see. Besides no one really wants to rock me.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 20, 2016, 06:41:40 PM
Hoping to sleep through the night. I've been a giant baby staying awake when I should be sleeping. A giant colicky baby. My goal is to stay up til ten. We'look see. Besides no one really wants to rock me.

The mom in "Love You Forever" does

She never sleeps,she just breaks into your home in the middle of the night to rock you to sleep.  And she leaves frozen chicken stock in your freezer.

pretty sure she's Jewish
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

So sweet. I want my mama! I love the picture Ches. Thanks.

MundaCorMeum

It's a alittle after 10, and I am fixing to go to bed.  Trying to keep the baby up a little later tonight, in hopes that she won't be up at 3:30, and wanting to play again.

Chestertonian

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on November 20, 2016, 10:11:43 PM
It's a alittle after 10, and I am fixing to go to bed.  Trying to keep the baby up a little later tonight, in hopes that she won't be up at 3:30, and wanting to play again.
maybe the baby doesnt want to play,maybe he wants to restore the polyphasic sleep patterns of pre-indurstrial man.  That's what I always tellmy wife when she says the baby wont sleep at night...  he jjust wants to be a monk gettingg up at 3am to pray the office.  or trying to make sure the village is safe from marauders....like his older brother

a real traditionalist at heart,from thevery beginning

Non Nobis

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 20, 2016, 07:08:11 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 20, 2016, 06:41:40 PM

The mom in "Love You Forever" does

She never sleeps,she just breaks into your home in the middle of the night to rock you to sleep.  And she leaves frozen chicken stock in your freezer.

pretty sure she's Jewish

How very sweet.

Reminds me of my mom when I broke my back 10 years ago and needed in home care for a month or two.  We hired caregivers but gave up on them (maybe they gave up on me), and my mom, at age 84 (or so) took over everything including physical help .  Even before this she was always so tired and had trouble sleeping and hated being woken up, and was pretty frail.  But she absolutely insisted she wanted to do it, and she did a marvelous job. ...It was strange that when I was living with her before she died at 94 she was healthy and rarely needed physical help herself.  Somehow God has been very easy on me through most of life this far...

I've always liked old people, even besides my parents, and even when I was a teen. Now I almost am one (not yet >:(), and I don't think I'll be able to live up to my Mom or Dad, or many others that I've known.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 20, 2016, 10:58:43 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on November 20, 2016, 10:11:43 PM
maybe the baby doesnt want to play,maybe he wants to restore the polyphasic sleep patterns of pre-indurstrial man.  That's what I always tellmy wife when she says the baby wont sleep at night...  he jjust wants to be a monk gettingg up at 3am to pray the office.  or trying to make sure the village is safe from marauders....like his older brother

a real traditionalist at heart,from thevery beginning

She's a girl.  She can't be a monk  ;)