go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chestertonian

Quote from: Bernadette on November 13, 2016, 09:41:48 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on November 13, 2016, 09:29:39 PM
I'll bring Kugel it's like bread pudding but with noodles

Wait, I thought kugel was potatoes? Either way, I'm really hungry after thinking about both possibilities.  :lol:
I've had potato kugel those are good my mom always made the noldle one
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 14, 2016, 06:58:01 PM

Wait, I thought kugel was potatoes? Either way, I'm really hungry after thinking about both possibilities.  :lol:

That kugel is probably good. Never tried it. So, is it really similar to breadpudding? Does it have brown sugar, butter and cinnamon? Is it baked? Does it have raisons? Tell all, Ches.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

Carleendiane

Munda, I'll bet you're ready. I rememberror how exhausting babies are. I should say,toddlers and babies. The Nature  of the job!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 14, 2016, 07:24:00 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on November 14, 2016, 06:58:01 PM

That kugel is probably good. Never tried it. So, is it really similar to breadpudding? Does it have brown sugar, butter and cinnamon? Is it baked? Does it have raisons? Tell all, Ches.
yes it's an egg custard over noodles with apples and or raisins. I haven't had bread pudding but saw someone  make it
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 14, 2016, 08:10:42 PM
Munda, I'll bet you're ready. I rememberror how exhausting babies are. I should say,toddlers and babies. The Nature  of the job!

It is.  But, it's a good thing. They keep me out of trouble ;).

Carleendiane

It  does sound wonderful.Would love to try some!

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on November 14, 2016, 08:21:19 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 14, 2016, 08:10:42 PM

It is.  But, it's a good thing. They keep me out of trouble ;).

Yep, kept us honest and using our time, to build the kingdom!

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 14, 2016, 08:25:51 PM
you'll have to get jayners to make it for you, I ran over the last raisin

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 14, 2016, 08:39:52 PM

So you say.

dymphna17

Couldn't you use grapes and just wait a little while before you serve them?  Or how about substituting craisins?  The half cranberry and half raisin.  Hubby loves bread pudding.  But then, he likes using biscuits for strawberry shortcake.  :ack:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Chestertonian

Quote from: dymphna17 on November 14, 2016, 10:10:06 PM

Couldn't you use grapes and just wait a little while before you serve them?  Or how about substituting craisins?  The half cranberry and half raisin.  Hubby loves bread pudding.  But then, he likes using biscuits for strawberry shortcake.  :ack:
isn't that how they make strawberry shortcake

dymphna17

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 14, 2016, 10:17:06 PM

Purists do, I guess.  Truth be told, I prefer the yellow sponge cake.  Most like the biscuit though.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Bernadette

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 14, 2016, 10:17:06 PM

I think traditionally it's slightly sweet, like a scone. But that reminds me I have Walker's Shortbread Fingers in the cabinet! Mmmm.  :) And I should probably make some scones tomorrow.
My Lord and my God.

Chestertonian

up late and tocan't sleep o early for 4,am threqd