go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 12, 2016, 08:30:28 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 12, 2016, 07:44:42 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on November 12, 2016, 07:04:57 PM
had a nice visit from my wife and both boys.  Have been able to talk again so yay talking

now kind of dizzh and feels like my bed is moving

OK Ches, I am master of navigating while dizzy. Now I know you're not trying to get around. You're just trying to keep your bed beneath you. Know this...it's NOT MOVING. It's you flopping all over.I called the nurses desk. They said that you think you are a fish. As a fish, a slight delusion, you think you are in water. What you sense as spinning is the non water that is not swirling around you. Get rid of this delusion and the movement/ dizziness stops. Just trying to help you my friend. Ok, I could be wrong about this so....I have another remedy. Ask for the anti dizzy medicine they give to people like you and me.

So happy to hear you are talking. Is it a struggle? Should we send the bus for you? Bet you miss your little ones. so glad you got to visit with them. And that awesome saint you call your wife. What's it like to be married to such a virtuous mate? I know with my marriage, just to spend the quiet moments, to watch sun rise and dusk, to enjoy going over our shared memories, our joys and disappointments, and just a bit of companionable silence...to share these moments with someone you love and admire, is just priceless. If you learn to enjoy that while you are young, you ensure that your later years will be spent in loving and precious companionship. Many old couples are at odds once the kids grow up and move out because they never developed just being companions. I'm am so happy for you Ches, you have a companion, lover and nurse all in one sweet package. With two little boys to further sweeten the deal. Prayers your bed will stop spinning. CARLEEN
. yeah i definitely hit the marriage lottery also God gave us a lot of time together as companions before we had children in the house i think strongbonds are often forged in suffering together

talking is pretty easy with the trach capped, have been off the vent a good part of the day but when hooked up to that it's a bit slower because it forces you to pause and it's not always predictible

Truer words could not be spoken.  When it's you and me against the world and you are still together when the nonsense is over, there is a sense of closeness that binds you like fire does to steel. 
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Yes Dymphna, truer words never spoken, suffering together does create a bond like nothing else. Ches knows. You know. I know. We have unbreakable bonds. Just beautiful.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Hitting thevhay. Goodnight all. No bed bugs. You hear me? Turn off the lights. I don't care who does it. I don't want to get up and find them on. Lock the doors too. Thank you.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 12, 2016, 09:14:28 PM

I love tapioca pudding. I like creme brulee. I like amaretto flavored desserts. It's not texture usua?ly, but still, rice pudding is good, but the texture does bug. I don't like cream pies. Do you?  I like pudding, but not in a pie. Fruit pies, my favorite. Pumpkin is great, but similar to pudding.  Apple pie is a favorite. But annoying is pie crust without enough salt. I want to taste the salt in my baked goods. Cookies without enough salt always seem flat in flavor. Bread, same.

I like cream pies. :) Rice pudding is anathema. But I do like making just the pumpkin filling, as if I were making a pie, and then baking it in a buttered corningware dish. But that's just because I'm lazy.  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

Non Nobis

Quote from: Bernadette on November 12, 2016, 10:47:00 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 12, 2016, 09:14:28 PM

I love tapioca pudding. I like creme brulee. I like amaretto flavored desserts. It's not texture usua?ly, but still, rice pudding is good, but the texture does bug. I don't like cream pies. Do you?  I like pudding, but not in a pie. Fruit pies, my favorite. Pumpkin is great, but similar to pudding.  Apple pie is a favorite. But annoying is pie crust without enough salt. I want to taste the salt in my baked goods. Cookies without enough salt always seem flat in flavor. Bread, same.

I like cream pies. :) Rice pudding is anathema. But I do like making just the pumpkin filling, as if I were making a pie, and then baking it in a buttered corningware dish. But that's just because I'm lazy.  :lol:

I actually like rice pudding.  Most of the pies I eat are either apple or pumpkin, but I also like blueberry, key lime, lemon meringue, and especially pecan pie. When I was little I loved "shoo fly"  pie (who else has had/made that?), but I haven't had it for a while, and it may be a little too sweet for me now. My Mom (or perhaps it was my Dad) sometimes would buy super-bargain cream pies for quick desserts; maybe that's why I don't care for them much now.

But I don't like any kind of pie in the face.  Now I'm asking for trouble...

I didn't wake you up; I just gave you sweeter dreams.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

JubilateDeo

I have never had shoofly pie or apple pan dowdy but i remember singing songs about it at camp, and when I was in Girl Scout chorus :)  Yes, I am that much of a nerd :)

Carleendiane

Non nobis, I only like pie in my face at a pie eating contest.

Bernadette

Here they have "chess pie", which can either be an actual pie, or in bars like brownies. It's incredibly sweet, too. The Southerners love their sweet desserts.
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Come, my threadies. Come warm yourselves by the fire. You guys want something to drink or eat before bed? Red, bring your solo cups, please. And someone please, bring some decaf. Have homemade bread, so we can make toast, hot cocoa, we can spike our coffee with nighttime medicine. Red has Baileys. You do still have some, dont you Red? We can have wine if you wish. We can rig up a monitor to watch an animal movie, a nice gorey one, maybe an insect movie too! Once everyone is satisfied, we can just sit around watch the fire, go to the basement for more wood. Every night we have to put in an all nighter, one of our largest that still fit in the woodburner. Remember, don't take your peanut butter sandwiches to bed. Really, by now I shouldn't have to tell you all this. Living room is double the size of a normal living room. We have lots of sitting places and floor space. Everyone will fit. Don't be shy. It may seem weird at first....coming to my house and all, but you'll get comfortable quickly. It's just that kind of place. Well broke in and homey. House rules are few. No poop on shoes, No peanut butter in bed, No making noise in middle of night, NON NOBIS!.....and no over packing the wood burner, No sheep in house, No smoking marijuana.

dymphna17

You've got to like molasses to like shoo fly pie. If you don't like it, it is nasty! (can you tell I don't like it?  Pecan Pie is much better.)   :whistling: Hubby's Aunt used to make it with sorghum syrup.  Blech!  The family tried to explain that that wasn't shoo fly pie if she didn't use molasses, but she told them that if they kept bringing that up, they wouldn't get any angel food cake ever again.  For that angel food cake, it was worth shutting up.  :-X  :lol:

We made apple pan dowdy in HomeEc.  I didn't like it as much as apple crisp, to make or eat.  I like a crispier dough on my pies.

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Bernadette

Never mind pie: I need bread pudding. Talk about comfort food!  :P
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

One more house rule.NO SHOO FLY PIE. Hate it. I might barf.  I love pecan pie. Rich, but not disgusting like shoo fly pie.. That pie should be used as a fly catcher. Just set it on the table uncovered. The flies will come. Trust me.

Bread pudding made by my mom. Yes! Her bread pudding was not wet, it had raisons, walnuts and spìce, eggs, and cream. It was better than any restuarant bread pudding. I HATE WET BREAD PUDDING. Nobody has ever made shoo fly  pie that I liked.

Chestertonian

I'll bring Kugel it's like bread pudding but with noodles
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Bernadette

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 13, 2016, 09:29:39 PM
I'll bring Kugel it's like bread pudding but with noodles

Wait, I thought kugel was potatoes? Either way, I'm really hungry after thinking about both possibilities.  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane