go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Go to bed. Later. Ok. Later. Thread is open now. No. No. No. I was joking. No one has to go to bed!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Bernadette on November 11, 2016, 10:19:07 AM
Quote from: dymphna17 on November 11, 2016, 09:18:14 AM
Oooo!  Those are good questions, Carleen.  Dreams have always interested me.  9 times out of 10 I remember my dreams too.  Oddly, I even remember some I had as a child.  I'm a vivid dreamer, so colors are usually a main focus point.  Does anyone else here dream like that?

I feel textures in my dreams.  :o About a year ago, I reached out to touch a wall in my dream, thinking: "Wait, am I dreaming? Lemme touch something to make sure," and I felt it! Now it's become a common occurrence. And I've always had really detailed, vivid dreams, often like I'm reading a book or watching a movie, just watching this plot unfold.
metoo it's so weird im a bit hypersensitive too fabric textures and such
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 11, 2016, 09:34:37 AM
Dreams are stupid, Ches. Don't believe it. You are not homeless, but maybe you have great sympathy for the homeless.
I think they thought i was homeless because i dhadmt sjowered in awhile
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Bernadette

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 11, 2016, 07:27:36 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on November 11, 2016, 09:18:14 AM
Oooo!  Those are good questions, Carleen.  Dreams have always interested me.  9 times out of 10 I remember my dreams too.  Oddly, I even remember some I had as a child.  I'm a vivid dreamer, so colors are usually a main focus point.  Does anyone else here dream like that?

I feel textures in my dreams.  :o About a year ago, I reached out to touch a wall in my dream, thinking: "Wait, am I dreaming? Lemme touch something to make sure," and I felt it! Now it's become a common occurrence. And I've always had really detailed, vivid dreams, often like I'm reading a book or watching a movie, just watching this plot unfold.
metoo it's so weird im a bit hypersensitive too fabric textures and such

Wow! I'd never heard of it before it happened to me, and it was really confusing the first time it happened. It's interesting that you mention your sensitivity to textures:  food textures are definitely a hangup for me. If I don't like the texture of a food, there's no way I'm eating it (tapioca, I'm looking at you).  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 11, 2016, 07:32:19 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 11, 2016, 09:34:37 AM
Dreams are stupid, Ches. Don't believe it. You are not homeless, but maybe you have great sympathy for the homeless.
I think they thought i was homeless because i dhadmt sjowered in awhile

Oooooo, you may have a point there. Maybe that would do it. Dirty, smelly people, do remind me the poor homeless. Take a shower before you go to bed tonight. Probably a big production for you. Just don't show up at the good morning thread looking homeless. I will be forced to hire a nurse to help you shower.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Good nite. I'm done. Turn off the lights, please.

Non Nobis

If I don't like the texture of a food, there's no way I'm eating it (tapioca, I'm looking at you).  :lol:

I "feel" the same way about tapioca pudding.  My niece as a new cook made it a few times as a sort of "specialty".  I got it down, but must have given myself away, as she stopped making it much.  Yech.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Non Nobis

Sorry! Didn't mean to make so much noise.  Everyone can go back to sleep now.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Non Nobis on November 11, 2016, 11:31:12 PM

I have a rule in my house about waking small children before they should be woken.....you wake 'em, you take 'em.  You've been warned  ;)

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on November 11, 2016, 11:31:12 PM

Non nobis I appreciate your sweet apology, but if you make racket again tonight we just may send you on a virtual trip to the sleep clinic. We will get to the bottom of this...your sick need to wake sleepers up. Do you know what it takes to get them up in the morning? Those bumps in the night scare us. We spend hours praying and trying to get back to sleep. Now, I know you didn't mean to be a meanie.....sorry, I meant a noise maker, but geesh. There. Enough said.

Carleendiane

This thread is officially open. What did you all do today? Except prepare for going back to bed, boring, I would love to hear how your day went.

Chestertonian

had a nice visit from my wife and both boys.  Have been able to talk again so yay talking

now kind of dizzh and feels like my bed is moving

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 12, 2016, 07:04:57 PM
had a nice visit from my wife and both boys.  Have been able to talk again so yay talking

OK Ches, I am master of navigating while dizzy. Now I know you're not trying to get around. You're just trying to keep your bed beneath you. Know this...it's NOT MOVING. It's you flopping all over.I called the nurses desk. They said that you think you are a fish. As a fish, a slight delusion, you think you are in water. What you sense as spinning is the non water that is not swirling around you. Get rid of this delusion and the movement/ dizziness stops. Just trying to help you my friend. Ok, I could be wrong about this so....I have another remedy. Ask for the anti dizzy medicine they give to people like you and me.

So happy to hear you are talking. Is it a struggle? Should we send the bus for you? Bet you miss your little ones. so glad you got to visit with them. And that awesome saint you call your wife. What's it like to be married to such a virtuous mate? I know with my marriage, just to spend the quiet moments, to watch sun rise and dusk, to enjoy going over our shared memories, our joys and disappointments, and just a bit of companionable silence...to share these moments with someone you love and admire, is just priceless. If you learn to enjoy that while you are young, you ensure that your later years will be spent in loving and precious companionship. Many old couples are at odds once the kids grow up and move out because they never developed just being companions. I'm am so happy for you Ches, you have a companion, lover and nurse all in one sweet package. With two little boys to further sweeten the deal. Prayers your bed will stop spinning. CARLEEN

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 12, 2016, 07:44:42 PM
Quote from: Chestertonian on November 12, 2016, 07:04:57 PM

OK Ches, I am master of navigating while dizzy. Now I know you're not trying to get around. You're just trying to keep your bed beneath you. Know this...it's NOT MOVING. It's you flopping all over.I called the nurses desk. They said that you think you are a fish. As a fish, a slight delusion, you think you are in water. What you sense as spinning is the non water that is not swirling around you. Get rid of this delusion and the movement/ dizziness stops. Just trying to help you my friend. Ok, I could be wrong about this so....I have another remedy. Ask for the anti dizzy medicine they give to people like you and me.

So happy to hear you are talking. Is it a struggle? Should we send the bus for you? Bet you miss your little ones. so glad you got to visit with them. And that awesome saint you call your wife. What's it like to be married to such a virtuous mate? I know with my marriage, just to spend the quiet moments, to watch sun rise and dusk, to enjoy going over our shared memories, our joys and disappointments, and just a bit of companionable silence...to share these moments with someone you love and admire, is just priceless. If you learn to enjoy that while you are young, you ensure that your later years will be spent in loving and precious companionship. Many old couples are at odds once the kids grow up and move out because they never developed just being companions. I'm am so happy for you Ches, you have a companion, lover and nurse all in one sweet package. With two little boys to further sweeten the deal. Prayers your bed will stop spinning. CARLEEN
. yeah i definitely hit the marriage lottery also God gave us a lot of time together as companions before we had children in the house i think strongbonds are often forged in suffering together

talking is pretty easy with the trach capped, have been off the vent a good part of the day but when hooked up to that it's a bit slower because it forces you to pause and it's not always predictible

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on November 11, 2016, 11:27:42 PM
If I don't like the texture of a food, there's no way I'm eating it (tapioca, I'm looking at you).  :lol:

I "feel" the same way about tapioca pudding.  My niece as a new cook made it a few times as a sort of "specialty".  I got it down, but must have given myself away, as she stopped making it much.  Yech.

I love tapioca pudding. I like creme brulee. I like amaretto flavored desserts. It's not texture usua?ly, but still, rice pudding is good, but the texture does bug. I don't like cream pies. Do you?  I like pudding, but not in a pie. Fruit pies, my favorite. Pumpkin is great, but similar to pudding.  Apple pie is a favorite. But annoying is pie crust without enough salt. I want to taste the salt in my baked goods. Cookies without enough salt always seem flat in flavor. Bread, same.