go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on November 01, 2016, 08:55:41 PM
No, no, no. I just can't go to bed yet; I just can't, I tell you! I accidentally drank sweet tea with dinner, and now 10:00 feels like 6:00.  :o But I did get some chores done. ;)

Bernadette, did your tea have honey in it? Sugar? Well, get in there and get the job done. You have an hour and I trust you'll do the right thing. You don't want to be a zombie, my little friend.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 31, 2016, 10:40:45 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on October 31, 2016, 09:18:19 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on October 31, 2016, 08:45:30 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on October 31, 2016, 08:41:16 PM
Good night, Carleen!  I have leftover coffee for tomorrow, so you can make a little less in the morning.

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 31, 2016, 07:52:12 PM
Òh, forgot to open the thread. We could have zombies running around all night. Ya get a routine going and then I don't show to let everyone know that it is time to consider tucking in. That's really what zombies are. Very pale tired people with boo-boos from bumping into things and dark circles around their eyes because they had no one to tell them to go to bed. Poor things.

Munda read the definition of a zombie. It came to me like a revelation. What'cha think?

Well, since I rarely, if ever, run around bumping into things all night, even if I am awake with insomnia, I can safely say I'm not a zombie, by your definition.

We have a special place for zombies and they can't cross over to where we are... unless the combination of words, that only I know, is said.  Well, God and I know.  If you want, Munda,  I can send someone from our security detail over to make sure nothing is on the floor or to light your way through the house when you are getting up.  Just say the word.   ;)

Dymphna, zombies are NOT real. Get some sleep. You are relieved of patrol for tonight.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

There now, much more comfy. Night time chat belongs here. Hey! Who needs the CHAT option.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 01, 2016, 09:37:46 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on November 01, 2016, 08:55:41 PM
No, no, no. I just can't go to bed yet; I just can't, I tell you! I accidentally drank sweet tea with dinner, and now 10:00 feels like 6:00.  :o But I did get some chores done. ;)

Bernadette, did your tea have honey in it? Sugar? Well, get in there and get the job done. You have an hour and I trust you'll do the right thing. You don't want to be a zombie, my little friend.

Sugar, of course. Iced tea with sugar.
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Everybody floss? Now hop into Jammies and Dymphna, the great, will tell you a story. Make it good, dymphna.

Carleendiane

Good night all. Pease full refreshing sleep to you, my children. :grouphug: :grouphug:

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 01, 2016, 10:04:36 PM
Everybody floss? Now hop into Jammies and Dymphna, the great, will tell you a story. Make it good, dymphna.

The Velveteen Rabbit, please. :)
My Lord and my God.

dymphna17

Or else wh... um I mean, yes, Ma'am.

Mercury and the Woodman

A Woodman was felling a tree on the bank of a river, when his axe,
glancing off the trunk, flew out of his hands and fell into the water.
As he stood by the water's edge lamenting his loss, Mercury appeared
and asked him the reason for his grief. On learning what had happened,
out of pity for his distress, Mercury dived into the river and,
bringing up a golden axe, asked him if that was the one he had lost.
The Woodman replied that it was not, and Mercury then dived a second
time, and, bringing up a silver axe, asked if that was his. "No,
that is not mine either," said the Woodman. Once more Mercury dived
into the river, and brought up the missing axe. The Woodman was
overjoyed at recovering his property, and thanked his benefactor
warmly; and the latter was so pleased with his honesty that he made
him a present of the other two axes. When the Woodman told the story
to his companions, one of these was filled with envy of his good
fortune and determined to try his luck for himself. So he went and
began to fell a tree at the edge of the river, and presently contrived
to let his axe drop into the water. Mercury appeared as before, and,
on learning that his axe had fallen in, he dived and brought up a
golden axe, as he had done on the previous occasion. Without waiting
to be asked whether it was his or not, the fellow cried, "That's mine,
that's mine," and stretched out his hand eagerly for the prize: but
Mercury was so disgusted at his dishonesty that he not only declined
to give him the golden axe, but also refused to recover for him the
one he had let fall into the stream.

"Honesty is the best policy."

The Four Oxen and the Lion

A Lion used to prowl about a field in which Four Oxen used to
dwell.  Many a time he tried to attack them; but whenever he came
near they turned their tails to one another, so that whichever way
he approached them he was met by the horns of one of them.  At
last, however, they fell a-quarrelling among themselves, and each
went off to pasture alone in a separate corner of the field.  Then
the Lion attacked them one by one and soon made an end of all
four.

"United we stand, divided we fall."

The Lion, the Bear, and the Fox

A LION and a Bear seized a Kid at the same moment, and fought
fiercely for its possession.  When they had fearfully lacerated
each other and were faint from the long combat, they lay down
exhausted with fatigue.  A Fox, who had gone round them at a
distance several times, saw them both stretched on the ground
with the Kid lying untouched in the middle.  He ran in between
them, and seizing the Kid scampered off as fast as he could.  The
Lion and the Bear saw him, but not being able to get up, said,
"Woe be to us, that we should have fought and belabored ourselves
only to serve the turn of a Fox." 

It sometimes happens that one man has all the toil, and another
   all the profit. 
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

dymphna17

Quote from: Bernadette on November 01, 2016, 10:16:42 PM

The Velveteen Rabbit, please. :)

Oh, good one!  I had The Secret Garden scheduled, but if you all would prefer The Velveteen Rabbit, I'll find a copy and get it ready.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Non Nobis

Quote from: dymphna17 on November 01, 2016, 11:07:34 PM

Or else wh... um I mean, yes, Ma'am.

Mercury and the Woodman

A Woodman was felling a tree on the bank of a river, when his axe,
glancing off the trunk, flew out of his hands and fell into the water.
As he stood by the water's edge lamenting his loss, Mercury appeared
and asked him the reason for his grief. On learning what had happened,
out of pity for his distress, Mercury dived into the river and,
bringing up a golden axe, asked him if that was the one he had lost.
The Woodman replied that it was not, and Mercury then dived a second
time, and, bringing up a silver axe, asked if that was his. "No,
that is not mine either," said the Woodman. Once more Mercury dived
into the river, and brought up the missing axe. The Woodman was
overjoyed at recovering his property, and thanked his benefactor
warmly; and the latter was so pleased with his honesty that he made
him a present of the other two axes. When the Woodman told the story
to his companions, one of these was filled with envy of his good
fortune and determined to try his luck for himself. So he went and
began to fell a tree at the edge of the river, and presently contrived
to let his axe drop into the water. Mercury appeared as before, and,
on learning that his axe had fallen in, he dived and brought up a
golden axe, as he had done on the previous occasion. Without waiting
to be asked whether it was his or not, the fellow cried, "That's mine,
that's mine," and stretched out his hand eagerly for the prize: but
Mercury was so disgusted at his dishonesty that he not only declined
to give him the golden axe, but also refused to recover for him the
one he had let fall into the stream.

"Honesty is the best policy."

The Four Oxen and the Lion

A Lion used to prowl about a field in which Four Oxen used to
dwell.  Many a time he tried to attack them; but whenever he came
near they turned their tails to one another, so that whichever way
he approached them he was met by the horns of one of them.  At
last, however, they fell a-quarrelling among themselves, and each
went off to pasture alone in a separate corner of the field.  Then
the Lion attacked them one by one and soon made an end of all
four.

"United we stand, divided we fall."

The Lion, the Bear, and the Fox

A LION and a Bear seized a Kid at the same moment, and fought
fiercely for its possession.  When they had fearfully lacerated
each other and were faint from the long combat, they lay down
exhausted with fatigue.  A Fox, who had gone round them at a
distance several times, saw them both stretched on the ground
with the Kid lying untouched in the middle.  He ran in between
them, and seizing the Kid scampered off as fast as he could.  The
Lion and the Bear saw him, but not being able to get up, said,
"Woe be to us, that we should have fought and belabored ourselves
only to serve the turn of a Fox." 

It sometimes happens that one man has all the toil, and another
   all the profit.

You tell good stories, Dymphna.

Now I'm ready to go to bed too (well, at least shut the computer down, and there's not too much more to do)

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

dymphna17

?

Carleendiane

The bed thread is now open. Order your donuts now. Dymphna, such a good soul, will pick them up during the night.  European bakery donuts and pastries. Only the best for SD members. As many and whatever you want. I'm buying.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 02, 2016, 07:26:10 PM
The bed thread is now open. Order your donuts now. Dymphna, such a good soul, will pick them up during the night.  European bakery donuts and pastries. Only the best for SD members. As many and whatever you want. I'm buying.

What about donut holes
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on November 02, 2016, 07:32:44 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 02, 2016, 07:26:10 PM

What about donut holes

Of course, with cinnamon powder sugar, or glaze. Blueberry or cherry? Wait a minute, Ches, you making a funny, because I get it if you're making a funny. The donuts come with holes.

Carleendiane

Non nobis, we're you up past one last night? No grumps around the coffee pot. That's why you shouldn't stay up too late. Besides, tomorrow is donut/pastry day. You don't want to miss European bakery sweets. You just dont.