go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

Who goes to bed at 9:30?  :lol: The night is young.  :beer:  I'm doing some sewing and trying to decide whether or not I want tea.  :P
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on October 31, 2016, 08:35:17 PM
Who goes to bed at 9:30?  :lol: The night is young.  :beer:  I'm doing some sewing and trying to decide whether or not I want tea.  :P

It's 10,30 here. Thank you Bernadette. You heard my call and answered.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

Of course you want tea!  And, everyone in my house except myself goes to bed at 9:30....actually, a little earlier.  We said night prayers, and I tucked everyone in a little after 9:00  ;D....sometimes it's earlier. I like to have a little quiet time at the end of the day, or time to visit with my husband sans interruption. But, he's sleeping already, so it's just me, which is nice, too.  Generally, I try to discipline myself to go to bed at 10:30, but my pregnancy insomnia has been kicking lately.

MundaCorMeum

Good night, Carleen!  I have leftover coffee for tomorrow, so you can make a little less in the morning.

Bernadette

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on October 31, 2016, 08:40:10 PM

Of course you want tea!  And, everyone in my house except myself goes to bed at 9:30....actually, a little earlier.  We said night prayers, and I tucked everyone in a little after 9:00  ;D....sometimes it's earlier. I like to have a little quiet time at the end of the day, or time to visit with my husband sans interruption. But, he's sleeping already, so it's just me, which is nice, too.  Generally, I try to discipline myself to go to bed at 10:30, but my pregnancy insomnia has been kicking lately.

Of course I do.  ;D And naturally, children need their sleep. Such a good mommy. :)
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on October 31, 2016, 08:41:16 PM
Good night, Carleen!  I have leftover coffee for tomorrow, so you can make a little less in the morning.

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 31, 2016, 07:52:12 PM
Òh, forgot to open the thread. We could have zombies running around all night. Ya get a routine going and then I don't show to let everyone know that it is time to consider tucking in. That's really what zombies are. Very pale tired people with boo-boos from bumping into things and dark circles around their eyes because they had no one to tell them to go to bed. Poor things.

Munda read the definition of a zombie. It came to me like a revelation. What'cha think?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 31, 2016, 08:45:30 PM

Òh, forgot to open the thread. We could have zombies running around all night. Ya get a routine going and then I don't show to let everyone know that it is time to consider tucking in. That's really what zombies are. Very pale tired people with boo-boos from bumping into things and dark circles around their eyes because they had no one to tell them to go to bed. Poor things.

Munda read the definition of a zombie. It came to me like a revelation. What'cha think?

Well, since I rarely, if ever, run around bumping into things all night, even if I am awake with insomnia, I can safely say I'm not a zombie, by your definition.

dymphna17

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on October 31, 2016, 09:18:19 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on October 31, 2016, 08:45:30 PM

Well, since I rarely, if ever, run around bumping into things all night, even if I am awake with insomnia, I can safely say I'm not a zombie, by your definition.

We have a special place for zombies and they can't cross over to where we are... unless the combination of words, that only I know, is said.  Well, God and I know.  If you want, Munda,  I can send someone from our security detail over to make sure nothing is on the floor or to light your way through the house when you are getting up.  Just say the word.   ;)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Non Nobis

[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on November 01, 2016, 12:14:55 AM

Non nobis, is that your costume? So you DID dress up! You are adorable. But, aren't you a tad bit old to be dressing up?

Non Nobis

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 01, 2016, 06:26:28 AM

Non nobis, is that your costume? So you DID dress up! You are adorable. But, aren't you a tad bit old to be dressing up?

What do you mean, costume?!  That was a late Halloween real ghost who interrupted my good night post.  Really scared me.  I think he was disappointed that you all didn't show up until All Saints Day, when his scariness dwindled to nothing but comedy.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Carleendiane

Quote from: Non Nobis on November 01, 2016, 05:14:14 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 01, 2016, 06:26:28 AM

What do you mean, costume?!  That was a late Halloween real ghost who interrupted my good night post.  Really scared me.  I think he was disappointed that you all didn't show up until All Saints Day, when his scariness dwindled to nothing but comedy.

Oh, non, sorry. It lost all its punch. Yep. Well, did you dispose of him properly? You do know they can't be flushed, right?

Carleendiane

It is almost 10 oclock. Everyone should probably brush their teeth. Just remember, if you have to get up and go bright and early, put on your get up and go clothes. You know....the kind that doesn't wrinkle. Wear it to bed, wake up and go.

Bernadette

No, no, no. I just can't go to bed yet; I just can't, I tell you! I accidentally drank sweet tea with dinner, and now 10:00 feels like 6:00.  :o But I did get some chores done. ;)
My Lord and my God.

dymphna17

Quote from: Bernadette on November 01, 2016, 08:55:41 PM
No, no, no. I just can't go to bed yet; I just can't, I tell you! I accidentally drank sweet tea with dinner, and now 10:00 feels like 6:00.  :o But I did get some chores done. ;)

It must be one of those nights, Bernadette.  I just looked over to find my night pills still sitting in their little cup on my end table.  It will be January before I get any sleep now.  Serves me right for teasing Carleendiane and Stella.   :doh:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica