go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on October 26, 2016, 07:55:09 PM
When I was a kid my mom made Turkey for dinner on days she needed us in bed early

Much better than making kids take benedryl
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Do you night owls know what time it is? If you ARE going to bed, now is a reasonable time. Or you could show off your night skills and post at 4am. But, by the time you drag your sorry butts out of bed tomorrow, the coffee will either be cold or burnt, depending on who is watching the pot.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

Tomorrow is leftover coffee....I only had one cup today, instead of 2.  I feel guilty wasting it.  Cinnamon rolls and scrambled eggs will be fresh and warm, but you better be first in line. All the girls I have camping in my backyard for daughter's birthday party will be hungry come daylight, and they can put away some food!  good night. Those eggs won't cook themselves in the morning if I sleep in, and I don't trust those girls in my kitchen together  ;)

dymphna17

It's 4:03 am here.  I'm used to only cooking for 2, but I'll give it a shot, MCM.  Go ahead and sleep in.  I'll wake you up about 5:15 am in case you want a warm breakfast.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 28, 2016, 03:07:21 AM
It's 4:03 am here.  I'm used to only cooking for 2, but I'll give it a shot, MCM.  Go ahead and sleep in.  I'll wake you up about 5:15 am in case you want a warm breakfast.

Too late....I'm up.  One of my younger ones woke up with a stomach ache in bed, and there was cleaning to be done after that  :-\. Figured I'd say good morning, before I attempt a short nap before sunrise and girls start pouring in.  I will gladly let you handle breakfast, though....I'm tired!

dymphna17

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on October 28, 2016, 04:48:55 AM
Quote from: dymphna17 on October 28, 2016, 03:07:21 AM

Too late....I'm up.  One of my younger ones woke up with a stomach ache in bed, and there was cleaning to be done after that  :-\. Figured I'd say good morning, before I attempt a short nap before sunrise and girls start pouring in.  I will gladly let you handle breakfast, though....I'm tired!

Stuffed french bread it is!  With a side of cold "gwits" for the little one.  You rest Miss M.   :grouphug:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

2 nites spent on the people eating couch at daughters, two sleepless nites, have reduced me to a tired toddler. Really. I want to throw a fit. I am back home and all the stressors are still here.. The family quagmire. Please make it go away. I wish I could wake up and have it gone. O, the agony. Dymphna, I've prayed, really I have. How about donating your stupid head to me for a day. I know I'll come up with a remedy with your head On my shoulders.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 28, 2016, 07:08:13 PM
2 nites spent on the people eating couch at daughters, two sleepless nites, have reduced me to a tired toddler. Really. I want to throw a fit. I am back home and all the stressors are still here.. The family quagmire. Please make it go away. I wish I could wake up and have it gone. O, the agony. Dymphna, I've prayed, really I have. How about donating your stupid head to me for a day. I know I'll come up with a remedy with your head On my shoulders.

Oh, sweet Carleen.  I'm sure I'll be run out on a rail for saying this, but that's OK, I was looking for a rail when I found this one.  These may be your monkeys, but this is no longer your circus.  If I understand correctly, your children are adults now.  You can't make them care about each other any more than you can carry their crosses for them.  Some things they have to figure out for themselves.  And they will.  Don't try to force it, it has to come in their time, not yours.  It's got to break your heart to see this happen, but when they come out on the other side, they may be closer than before.  Or they may not.  God's Will be done.  Offer your pain, both physical and spiritual, for God's Will to be done in your family and for His greater glory; the only things that really matter.  Don't kill yourself in the mean time.

And never cease praying for them.  Our Lady has daggers in her Most Sorrowful Heart, St. Monica cried a river of tears, etc.  You are in good company, my dear.  In reality, it's your example that will do the most good.  You are welcome to borrow my stupid head anytime, but I'll need it back since I have some morons to help get to heaven too.  Beginning with me.  Now get some rest.   :pray3:   :cheeseheadbeer:   8)
?

Carleendiane

Time to open the thread. Maybe this thread annoys you. Maybe you find it very homey. I've learned there are all kinds on this forum. But, none-the-less, the thread is open. We have not discussed pjs. It would do us a good turn to learn what is the consensus amongst trads to know what is the proper attire for the traditional Catholic to wear to bed. Think about it. Some of us may wear pants to bed. Some may wear the sexy nun costume to bed. I'm sure there is a proper way to tuck in. The thread is open. Opinions please. No censoring here. Just want to know what is the consensus.

Chestertonian

Women wearing pants to bed?. I'm scandalized
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Bernadette

Quote from: Chestertonian on October 29, 2016, 07:16:06 PM

That's it, I'm not saying what I wear to bed.  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on October 29, 2016, 07:21:18 PM

Benadette, your comment is very telling, Pants. That's what you wear. Own up to it. Sweat pant are barely pants Bernadette. If it is sweat pants you wear, well I'm thinking, Ches will not be scandalized.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 29, 2016, 07:26:22 PM

Benadette, your comment is very telling, Pants. That's what you wear. Own up to it. Sweat pant are barely pants Bernadette. If it is sweat pants you wear, well I'm thinking, Ches will not be scandalized.
how sweatpants barely pants?
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Because no one leaves their house in them.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 29, 2016, 07:26:22 PM

I can neither confirm nor deny the wearing of sweatpants.
My Lord and my God.