go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

Quote from: martin88nyc on October 23, 2016, 09:31:28 PM
We started our yearly Enthronement of Jesus Christ King of Poland. It is a devotion for privet as well as (in particular) national Enthronement of Jesus as King. We already have the Queen so it is obvious that the King should have his place right by her side.

Tell me this finally passed Parliament?
My Lord and my God.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 24, 2016, 07:36:41 PM
Martin, remember, no bad dreams. When you do finally haul your self to bed.
I am going, soon. Still late but earlier than last night :P ;) We went to Holy Innocents today for the Pontifical Mass. Bp. Schneider was the celebrant plus few priests whom I know personally. It was very beautiful. I am dead tired. goodnight y'all
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on October 24, 2016, 07:27:15 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on October 23, 2016, 07:36:17 PM
Thanks Ches. Kids have a way of bringing sunshine. Sometimes I'm so tired I'll disappear during a party and the little ones find me in on a couch stretched out. They then lay by me and talk incessantly. It's not always what they say, but how they say it. Plus I get to have them to myself. Yum.
yes, children are such a gift.  they don't have the baggage adults have.  i often just lie in bed with the baby and just stare at him, he stares back and bblows little spit bubbles at me....and I say to him, "I get it, it's tough being a baby, I"m not much different from you" i guess being almost 100% dependent on other people I can relate to a lot of the struggles children go through... having no idea what is happening next.  expecting one thing and then something different happens and you'reall like 'HEY that wasnt what i expected.  Or sometimes everyone disappears from the room and all of the sudden you're like "aaack, what if zombies are trying to eat me and no one even notices because they're in the next room"

then having to be put in all these overstimulating, stressful environments that really aren't set up for people like you, but you've got no choice because the Powers That Be said that this is what we're doing today...i often hear parents complain about their kids and how they don't cooperate perfectly with their plans.  they have reactions of distressed to things the adult thinks isn't that distressing... they don't want to ride in the shopping cart or sleep through the night.  .... no one likes having absolutely no control over their lives, even the zero to 3 crowd and its never easy whether you're 3 weeks old or 34.  Most adults are so removed from the experience of being dependent on others

sometimes he just hangs out with me and cries, i have no idea why... just the 2 of us in the room and i can't really do much for him but tell him we're in the same boat together

Thanks Ches. You sure know how to give me perspective. This was a very moving account of how to relate with baby. Really love it.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

martin88nyc

Quote from: Bernadette on October 24, 2016, 07:41:00 PM
Quote from: martin88nyc on October 23, 2016, 09:31:28 PM
We started our yearly Enthronement of Jesus Christ King of Poland. It is a devotion for privet as well as (in particular) national Enthronement of Jesus as King. We already have the Queen so it is obvious that the King should have his place right by her side.

Tell me this finally passed Parliament?
I don't know but initial project was rejected by "Sejm" (the lower chamber of the parliament of Poland).However, the act of Enthronement will be carried out by the episcopate at the end of the next month. Although not perfect as some claim(not precisely what Rozalia was asked for in her messages) this will definitely bring God's Blessings upon the Polish nation.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Carleendiane

Time to start the thread. I'm  hitting the hay early. Driving out to port Huron to see my new granddaughter in the morning. Dropping food off to my skinny son on my way. Will try to sleep early. By 10. So, Jayne, got anything to say? Come on over, bring your pillow. Ches, bring baby and pillow. Martin, no bad dreams. Bernadette come on over, bring your sweet quilt. Lynne, come bring your muffins.....I mean pjs.  Stella, you out there studying? Bring some red wine. This isn't campus.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

my friend is over we are playing civilization 6.  Then I fell asleep for an hour

Glad we are playing a turn based strategy game and not a real time one or else my guys would all be dead and my friend is still here might play a bit more
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Ches, does this mean you are gonna be hard to get up in the morning? You've had a cat nap and you're good to go for a while. It's ok. I won't be here to greet you, but I told the girls to wake you up.

Stella Maris

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 25, 2016, 06:45:57 PM
Stella, you out there studying? Bring some red wine. This isn't campus.

They won't sell me wine in this Protestant country.  :'(

Carleendiane

Quote from: Stella Maris on October 25, 2016, 07:37:13 PM

Stella, don't you have any friends who can give you some? Oh, listen to me! There's a bottle right here, by my bed.

Stella Maris

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 25, 2016, 07:42:59 PM

Stella, don't you have any friends who can give you some? Oh, listen to me! There's a bottle right here, by my bed.

I'll make some popcorn to go with.  :popcorn:

dymphna17

Quote from: Stella Maris on October 25, 2016, 07:50:54 PM

I say tomorrow evening we all pile into Carleen's big poster bed and drink wine, eat popcorn and muffins  :skeptical:, OK, whatever, and I'll bring ice cream.  It will be a byos (bring your own spoon) night.  Ches and new baby not optional.  K? k  s'alright?  s'alright.   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 26, 2016, 02:47:38 AM

I say tomorrow evening we all pile into Carleen's big poster bed and drink wine, eat popcorn and muffins  :skeptical:, OK, whatever, and I'll bring ice cream.  It will be a byos (bring your own spoon) night.  Ches and new baby not optional.  K? k  s'alright?  s'alright.   8)

OK dympna. You do have the best ideas. But I won't be here. Doesn't matter, you are the life of the party. I'm used to crumbs in my be. Boy will hubby be surprised!

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 26, 2016, 06:34:19 AM
Quote from: dymphna17 on October 26, 2016, 02:47:38 AM

OK dympna. You do have the best ideas. But I won't be here. Doesn't matter, you are the life of the party. I'm used to crumbs in my be. Boy will hubby be surprised!
kids and wife are sleeping, I just woke up nothing like a quiet house
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Ches, I'm here to tuck the crew in. Just wanted you to know you have not been abandoned. On daughters wifi. My new baby is so smells good. She suckered on my cheek and lips. She barely cries yet, but of course gets little chance to cry with me around. The rest of her sticky goo kids are just wonderful. 7 yr. Old reads great 6 you old knows his catechism by heart. 4 yr. Old is just plain charming, 3 yr old a little girl charming beauty, 1 yr old a soppy drooling mess of an angel, a tubby cherub. But best of all they are all just like me. REALLY. ADORABLE. But.....it doesn't work to sleep with them. They can't get to sleep.

Chestertonian

When I was a kid my mom made Turkey for dinner on days she needed us in bed early