go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Quote from: Non Nobis on September 13, 2016, 10:59:18 PM
It's 9:58PM here and my "get to bed" alarm will go off in 2 minutes. If you see me here later, scold me! Good night!

We'll be keeping an eye on you.   :skeptical:   :lol:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Lynne

Oh, this is cute! I didn't realize it was for *all* of us. No, I'm not going to bed yet (I wish!)...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

SanMateo

Quote from: Carleendiane on September 11, 2016, 08:35:12 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on September 11, 2016, 08:59:09 AM
Did you get some rest?

Fell asleep around 3:30. Thanks for all the suggestions, friends. Rosaries are the best sleep aide. And think about it. If I die in my sleep, it's nice to know that my last words were ones of prayer.

I once told a monk that I felt very bad because I'd always fall asleep at night praying the Rosary.  He said, "What better way to fall asleep than in the arms of your Mother?"

Carleendiane

Going. Really going. Goodnight all. Get some decent sleep. You have NO idea what tomorrow may bring.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: SanAmbrosi on September 14, 2016, 08:00:42 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on September 11, 2016, 08:35:12 PM
Quote from: dymphna17 on September 11, 2016, 08:59:09 AM
Did you get some rest?

Fell asleep around 3:30. Thanks for all the suggestions, friends. Rosaries are the best sleep aide. And think about it. If I die in my sleep, it's nice to know that my last words were ones of prayer.

I once told a monk that I felt very bad because I'd always fall asleep at night praying the Rosary.  He said, "What better way to fall asleep than in the arms of your Mother?"

Awww. :) St. Therese often used to fall asleep during her mental prayer. She called it "the prayer of St. Peter." Lol.
My Lord and my God.

Greg

Read anything written by JP2. Out like a light.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Carleendiane

Ok. So I'm going to bed early. Hopefully I'll actually sleep through. I wake up about 3 hrs after falling asleep. Then spend hours trying to fall back to sleep. Good time to pray, but sometimes I get too frustrated after a while of trying. Not asking for remedy, just complaining. Sometimes I can get very personal with God. But usually I just get caught up thinking about all that is worrisome and it takes forever to shut it off. Many times I watch the sun come up. Grrrrrrr...
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

I hear you..my brain does that too.  I wish the mind came with an "off" switch! 
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

I went to bed early and slept quite well, thank you! Bad dream towards morning.

Lynne

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 04, 2016, 06:32:29 AM

:wag:

No posting in this thread during the morning!

:laugh:
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Lynne on October 04, 2016, 10:50:53 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on October 04, 2016, 06:32:29 AM

:wag:

No posting in this thread during the morning!

:laugh:

True, that belongs in the good morning thread if Dymphna hasn't wrecked it! :cheeseheadbeer:

Chestertonian

Can't have your days and nights mixed up
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Lynne

Getting ready to go to bed, within the next hour or so...

Good night!

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Lynne on October 04, 2016, 06:04:27 PM
Getting ready to go to bed, within the next hour or so...

Good night!

Don't forget to say your night prayers!

Carleendiane

Ok. Lynne do we have permission to tell you to get the crap to bed if we see you here in an hour fifteen?