go to bed

Started by Carleendiane, September 11, 2016, 01:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Non Nobis

Quote from: ServusMariae on October 07, 2017, 08:00:43 PM
May your car be salvaged, Non nobis. Gonna say a Hail Mary for it + a little prayer :pray2:
(Also, it's morning here. 10 am :) )

Thanks - AAA replaced the battery and now it starts OK (the battery was 7 years old).

I think I'll wait until Monday to do my shopping.  I think I have enough food
to tide me and my cat over until then! 
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

dymphna17

So glad it worked out for you, Non.  Thank goodness for AAA!   8) :grouphug:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

ServusMariae

Quote from: Non Nobis on October 07, 2017, 09:00:04 PM
Thanks - AAA replaced the battery and now it starts OK (the battery was 7 years old).

I think I'll wait until Monday to do my shopping.  I think I have enough food
to tide me and my cat over until then! 

Hooray for triple A! *throws party confetti*
Glad to hear your car's all fixed up ^-^

Carleendiane

Open! Finally home. A long pleasant day! Now I'm ready for my SD family.  A good evening to all!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

G-nite, T&J. G-nite all. Please say a quick prayer for me. For my son, too. Thanks.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

That's right. It's that time. Either have a nightcap, or some tea, but do stay away from the coffee.  And come, regale me with today's adventures. I have none to tell.

Kephapaulos

I stay away from coffee anyway. ;D I like it though. :P

We haven't had too much happen at home. I've tried to do school work.

I got to see the black cat again and feed it. I always like to make him do a trick before giving the food. I make him jump up for it. I had a hard time getting him to do it this time, but finally did. :D

Kephapaulos

I recall when I used to have my dog, I proved that you can teach an old dog new tricks. I got her to do her thing where I wanted her to after a few tries or days time. I just couldn't keep it up since I was away at school at the dorms at that time.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Kephapaulos on October 09, 2017, 05:39:30 PM
I recall when I used to have my dog, I proved that you can teach an old dog new tricks. I got her to do her thing where I wanted her to after a few tries or days time. I just couldn't keep it up since I was away at school at the dorms at that time.
lKepa, I am proof you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. I can still learn if I apply myself.  :)

dymphna17

Trying very hard to get Hubby to go to bed.  Snoring isn't my idea of a romantic serenade.   :lol:

I can't seem to get used to our hex fish tank.  The medicine Hubby put in it last night turned the water a neon green color.  It's going to take forever to get that out of there.  Poor sick fishies!  And in our other tank, our pleco named Lips, has lost his mind.  I put some soft plastic jellyfish in, like I told you before, and last night I found Lips balancing on top of one!  I couldn't figure out how one of them got turned inside out a couple of days ago, and now I know.  Then before bed, he swam up to the top of the tank, balanced himself upside down, and was eating the last little bits of food!  I've never seen anything like it.  I know there are pet psychics, but are there fish psychiatrists?  Lips might need one!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Dymph, those fish  especially Lips, are indeed crazy. Have you considered this may be spiritual? Maybe your hex tank has a hex on it!

Carleendiane

Ok. I am talking to myself here. Now that has never stopped me but it does take a wee bit of the wind out of my sails. I, normally, with an audience, would wax profound. But, with no one to entertain, I will just be my weak, undistinguished self. TRUE! I speak the truth. A worm. I am a worm without my audience.  Yes, this is my confession.

Carleendiane

Non, this is where you step in and build me up. You do see how I've torn myself down.

dymphna17

QuoteA worm. I am a worm without my audience.
Have I got an audience for you!  But the phrase is "worm spit', not just plain worm.  We are Catholic after all.  These people will wax profound with you about how you are worm spit and heaven is only for the great heroes of time.  How could you possibly think that you deserve to be in the same space as St Thomas Aquinas or St Catherine of Sienna?  And on and on.  They know it all and will be happy to inform you that you are nothing and no one.  And to think otherwise is a serious form of pride that will be difficult for any Priest to forgive in confession.  Come to think of it, they aren't a good audience for anyone.  Nevermind.  :)
?

Carleendiane

Ok, miss I wear my jeans when riding my harley. Tell me all about worm spit. Actually I want to thank you for clarifying that for me. By the way, I wear pants even if I am not on a harley, or in a tornado.  I am completely incorrigable. Would you please, in your charity, tell me how that works. The whole pants thing. Tell me why I can't wear pants.  Oh my sweet Dymph, just giving you a hard time. And you with your migraine. I should be ashamed of myself.