Started by Heinrich, December 31, 2012, 12:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

. . .of all time?

My pick: Gary, Indiana's own:

Michael Jackson!

I mean, really, who can top this?

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG6oy46qKE4[/yt]
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Hat And Beard

MJ was great...but I think I know of a guy that can top him.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyhL0ioST_U[/yt]

Heinrich

Otis could sing, for sure. But how did he move his feet? Same with Old Blue Eyes. Great singer, actor, and enduring American icon, but just did not have the charisma of MJ. No way.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Hat And Beard

Well in that case, I'm going to go with James Brown. Nobody even comes close, but his voice wasn't as good as Otis'. :)

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWdY2t5U5iQ[/yt]

Hat And Beard

I'd say as far as the singer/dancer/entertainer combination James Brown is the best, but I'd still rather see Otis Redding. Because of his voice, heart penetrating lyrics, and perhaps most importantly...the fact that his backing band is this one:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bpS-cOBK6Q[/yt]

I don't think there's ever been a better backing band for a soul singer. Ever. Not even close.

ETA: The correct video! I had a james brown video instead of Booker T and the MGs(who were ini fact Otis Redding's backing band).

Heinrich

Yeah, the Godfather of Soul. I just watched one of my favorite movies and he was in it! But still not MJ calibre.

Note the propaganda and Masonic symbols.

Bonaventure

A lot of good music on this thread.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Ben

Michael Jackson was an amazing dancer. I'm thinking of the famous performance at the Motown Awards in the early 80's.

LouisIX

Heinrich, I think I'd agree with you.  No one can top MJ.  He was the total package before he went all weird (or at least visibly weird).
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Heinrich

Quote from: LouisIX on January 01, 2013, 01:48:03 PM
Heinrich, I think I'd agree with you.  No one can top MJ.  He was the total package before he went all weird (or at least visibly weird).

He may have gotten quite vain, but I am not convinced he molested children. He was killed by the masons he had rejected in the industry. There is a documentary that discusses and lays very convincing evidence of the freemasonic string pullers in the music industry and Hollywood. I will look for it and post it when I find it.

LouisIX

Quote from: Heinrich on January 01, 2013, 01:52:23 PM
Quote from: LouisIX on January 01, 2013, 01:48:03 PM

He may have gotten quite vain, but I am not convinced he molested children. He was killed by the masons he had rejected in the industry. There is a documentary that discusses and lays very convincing evidence of the freemasonic string pullers in the music industry and Hollywood. I will look for it and post it when I find it.

Please do.

I've also been unconvinced of the claims.  I've found that, in this age, the worst men are hidden or spoken of as saints, and the best are demonized to death (and beyond).  MJ seemed to lack a grip with reality, but there seems to be a lack of evidence that he was anything but a mild-mannered, odd, and tragic victim of fame and fortune.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

inprincipio

To Heinrich:  I believe you will find what you are looking for in "The Industry Exposed".  Michael Jackson stated that the CEO of Sony was the devil.  He says this in a clip of a concert in England when he was on tour there and also someplace in the US, but I think the people weren't taking him seriously.

MilesChristi

I am also in the Michael Jackson being innocent camp.
I think even the kid said he was lying in order for his parents to get the settlement money.
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

TerrorDæmonum

Quote from: Heinrich on December 31, 2012, 12:03:59 PM
. . .of all time?

My pick: Gary, Indiana's own:

Michael Jackson!

Greatest of all time is a bit difficult to say, but I nominate, instead of some pop catastrophe, Tommy Cooper:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxmA9BgUO7s[/yt]

Gottmitunsalex

MJ???! Are you guys ok?

Sure he could dance. But could he sing? Could he act? Could he:
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZYS2rKh01U[/yt]
GENE KELLY. THE MASTER. BAR NONE.
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin