Need Help With Colliegville and Baronius Reprint Version

Started by Innocent Smith, February 17, 2024, 12:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Innocent Smith

I am kind of at my wit's end here.  I swear that the Little Chapter for the minor Hours for a Ferial Day, or throughout the year, are not listed in the Ordinary of the 1963 Collegeville or the new Baronius version.  It is not in the Psalter.  It is not in the Ordinary.  It does seem to appear in the Variable portion for the Seasons.  It is not in the Proper within the Season. 

Can anybody help me find these Little Chapters and the corresponding responses? 

Or can anyone confirm that I am correct and this a big error on the part of Collegeville in 1963 and Baronius in the 21st Century because they just copied and pasted?

Also, I seem to have misplaced my cards that were included with the Baronius version I purchased.

Does anyone know if they can be purchased separately or where I might be able to find a PDF to make my own?

Thanks in advance for reading and helping.

ETA:  I just shot an email on the 'Contact Us' page over at Baronius.  Hopefully I will get a reply. 
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

Kaesekopf

I have a 1964 all-English Benziger one volume.  The Little Chapter for the minor hour for Septuagesima time (Septuagesima to First Sunday of Lent) appears to be printed only on Septuagesima Sunday. 

I do not know if that answers your question.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Innocent Smith

Quote from: Kaesekopf on February 17, 2024, 02:11:56 PMI have a 1964 all-English Benziger one volume.  The Little Chapter for the minor hour for Septuagesima time (Septuagesima to First Sunday of Lent) appears to be printed only on Septuagesima Sunday. 

I do not know if that answers your question.

Thanks for your input.  I looked in all the places I thought it may be lurking.  As you state above, sometimes it is going to be in only one place. 

I have other versions and sets as well.  I cut my teeth on the Benziger Brothers English version in four volumes from the '50's.  You will always find the normal Little Chapter in The Ordinary. 

I must say I am really getting attached to the Baronius now more that ever.  But, it is a bit large to work with.  It is unfortunate that every rubric and instruction is in every volume of the Collegeville and Baronius and it is just not necessary to make these books such bricks. 

Oh well, Vespers tonight are now in the Season of Lent.  So it should be a little easier going now.
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.