Age boys need to leave

Started by Heinrich, January 07, 2019, 12:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archer

Quote from: Heinrich on January 11, 2019, 01:28:05 PM
Well, I am glad you are both commenting here.

Patriots!

Unfortunately my allegiance has somewhat shifted over the last couple years.
I still follow the Patriots, but we've put down roots in Kansas City. Got to cheer for Pat Mahomes and the Chiefs.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

james03

Quoteand had no qualms about committing systematic genocide against reprobate inferior races in order to win the West.
Do you really want to go there?  The treatment of Incas by Spanish settlers was far worse.  We even have that Saint who worked in Colombia trying to help out the slaves there.

One place Catholics can brag is in Canada where French treatment of the heathen was far better than the English.  But South America was a catastrophe.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: james03 on January 11, 2019, 05:31:32 PM
But South America was a catastrophe.

It depends on the perspective.

We could see it as a cleansing of the land, pretty much like Canaan had to be cleansed before the Israelites settled there.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

james03

QuoteAt what age do you start encouraging your child to develop their Faith and morals, to stand up to the modern sinning society?  when does mammy let their son be responsible for their own soul?

1.  It starts with family prayer.
2.  Grace before meals.  Make sure when you eat out, you all say Grace before meals in public.  Tell your kids they are sissies if they don't do this when you aren't around.
3.  Mockery of the heathens.  If you see the blue haired creature stalking around, point the spectacle out to the kids and tell them that's what happens to people who turn their back on God.
4.  Draw their attention to immorality and let them know it is out there.
5.  Boys should know how to fight.  They will be made fun of for being normal, so they need to stand up for themselves.
6.  Encourage marriage at a young age to a good Trad.  Boys should know that they have a duty to support their families.  Girls should be taught to be on the look out for guys who have their stuff together.  If only there was a Catholic man out there who would teach young men to be both attractive to females and also have their lives in order so they can support a family.  Hmmmm....

Dad should play a big part in this, but Mom has her part to play also.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

Sen

Quote from: Kreuzritter on January 11, 2019, 09:59:35 AM
Quote from: dymphnaw on January 11, 2019, 08:56:20 AM
America was founded by people who left England and Europe never to see their parents again and then it was won by people who went West and never saw their families again.

Yes, we know: rootless Protestants who spat on tradition and had no qualms about committing systematic genocide against reprobate inferior races in order to win the West. They even constructed a pseudo-theology out of it, namely American Exceptionalism, with the caveat that "American" meant "white" and "not Catholic", just like the Calvinists did in South Africa.

Lol, most Native Indians were wiped out by disease. And no, not from the "smallpox blanket" myth. And the only reason Africans even experienced a population explosion is due to the white man feeding, watering, and medicating them. The gripes they have with the white Protestant are the same ones they have with the white Catholic, e.g., Catholic Belgian Congo. Not to mention, Protestant English colonizers are almost universally seen as more benevolent than the Catholic French, and it shows in the South and Southeast Asian countries.

It is odd that you seem to have more distain for Protestants than for pagan savages who have no love for Catholics themselves. Do you have such an inferiority complex toward the WASP that you must try to find some solidarity with the brown pagan savage in order to feel better about yourself?

james03

QuoteIt depends on the perspective.

We could see it as a cleansing of the land, pretty much like Canaan had to be cleansed before the Israelites settled there.
It's difficult theologically.  The one thing I will say is that Cortez gets a bad wrap.  The man was a man among men and a good Catholic.  He was dealing with the Aztec.  From my reading of history, what happened to the Incas (Cortez was not involved) was excessive.

But if we look at it like a cleansing, then you can't blame Prots for doing the same thing.  Which perhaps you don't.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: james03 on January 11, 2019, 08:27:02 PM
QuoteIt depends on the perspective.

It's difficult theologically.  The one thing I will say is that Cortez gets a bad wrap.  The man was a man among men and a good Catholic.  He was dealing with the Aztec.  From my reading of history, what happened to the Incas (Cortez was not involved) was excessive.

But if we look at it like a cleansing, then you can't blame Prots for doing the same thing.  Which perhaps you don't.

You're correct. I don't.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

coffeeandcigarette

Quote from: Davis Blank - EG on January 09, 2019, 09:21:40 PM

America also perpetuates the belief that if you cannot make it on your own, you are a loser and have failed at life.  Again, not Catholic, as the purpose of life is to get to Heaven, and bring as many other souls there as you can.  America focuses on the material and looks down upon those whom have not the material success they have, all the while missing the big picture (perhaps because American society was formed by a bunch of people whom believed in sola fide, double predestination, and generic deism).

Exactly! Same with the whole "college" scam. Make everyone feel like a loser if they don't buy what your selling, and you have won the game.

Gardener

The Spanish, much like the Americans would later, and much like many nations continue to do in their proxy wars, utilized enemy tribes in fighting against other natives.

To simply blame the Spanish for something like this is as myopic as not talking about the Arab and African involvement in the West African slave trade, as if whites were completely at fault.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

coffeeandcigarette

Quote from: dymphnaw on January 11, 2019, 10:18:53 AM
I can't think of any former  Catholic colonies from Haiti, New Orleans, Miami to  Honduras that aren't known for corruption, cruelty, violent crime  and poverty.

To be fair, the colonizing power in Haiti was overthrown by a black slave leader. He went on to become far more corrupt, violent, selfish, and brutal than any overlord ever was. He built himself a palace on the blood and tears of his former brothers and set up a dynasty of his own. His legacy had made Haiti what it is.

Heinrich

Quote from: Archer on January 11, 2019, 01:46:18 PM

Patriots!

I still follow the Patriots, but we've put down roots in Kansas City. Got to cheer for Pat Mahomes and the Chiefs.

Glad to hear that you are ensconced in a TLM friendly area. 

But the Chefs, really? Dude.

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

christulsa

1. Have your boy work as early as he can, 12 yo. Mowing lawns 

2. Have him learn a trade while still in high school.

3. Have him do apprentice like work the couple summers before high school graduation.

4. After 18 yo, he must always be either working or in school.  For most that would mean a trade.

5.  Then it would be highly unlikely the boy will still act like a "boy" after 18, or be a basement dweller.

Heinrich

Quote from: christulsa on January 12, 2019, 07:36:53 PM
1. Have your boy work as early as he can, 12 yo. Mowing lawns 

2. Have him learn a trade while still in high school.

3. Have him do apprentice like work the couple summers before high school graduation.

4. After 18 yo, he must always be either working or in school.  For most that would mean a trade.

5.  Then it would be highly unlikely the boy will still act like a "boy" after 18, or be a basement dweller.

When I grew up in Indiana, if you weren't a "college boy," this was status quo for most.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Archer

Quote from: Heinrich on January 12, 2019, 11:34:50 AM
Quote from: Archer on January 11, 2019, 01:46:18 PM

Patriots!

Glad to hear that you are ensconced in a TLM friendly area. 

But the Chefs, really? Dude.

Says the Bronco's fan...
For being such a don himself, Elway really is terrible at picking QBs.

"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

The Harlequin King

Quote from: james03 on January 11, 2019, 05:42:30 PM
6.  Encourage marriage at a young age to a good Trad.

I agree with most of your points. I wish I could agree with this one too, but.... meh. Marrying young is probably fine if the kids all have happily married Catholic parents and grew up in loving, devout, fully functional households--and I'm sure that's primarily what you had in mind. But the further one gets from this background, the worse of an idea marrying young becomes. I always encourage "normal" people to wait until after 30 to marry.