Why Masking Doesn't Stop Covid Spread

Started by lauermar, January 20, 2022, 09:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lauermar

The link below shows Covid through the lens of an electronic microscope. It is stained blue so you can see it. Thousands of these can fit on the head of a pin.

Transmission electron microscopic image of an isolate from the first U.S. case of Covid-19. The spherical viral particles, colorized blue, contain cross-sections through the viral genome, seen as black dots.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersandeducation/michael-dell-op-ed-there-will-never-be-a-post-covid-world/ar-AASYQ4A?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=W011&fullscreen=true&pfr=1

All paper and cloth masks have pores in it so you can breathe. If it didn't you couldn't breathe. Oxygen is also microscopically small. Water vapor particles coming from vaping pens are large enough to see with the naked eye. You can vape through these masks, and they leak on the sides. It is impossible to trap the virus in these while allowing water and oxygen to pass through. The only way to get pure air is with a diver's helmet, hose and oxygen tank.

Manufacturers of masks exaggerate the efficacy of their products.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

MaximGun

Have you worn a mask, during the last 2 years, at work or in the supermarket, church or on public transport or elsewhere?  I am talking expressly for the purposes of Covid rules or mandates?

The Curt Jester

Lauermar, you have me a bit confused.  You have clearly stated you are against masks and have pointed out they don't work, but in another thread you said they should still be worn in nursing homes because of the vulnerable.  These seem to be contradictory statements.

Are you saying that masks themselves don't stop the general spread of the virus, but can work a little short term for people who are isolated?
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

Severinus

Quote from: The Curt Jester on January 21, 2022, 08:44:28 AM
Lauermar, you have me a bit confused.  You have clearly stated you are against masks and have pointed out they don't work, but in another thread you said they should still be worn in nursing homes because of the vulnerable.  These seem to be contradictory statements.

Are you saying that masks themselves don't stop the general spread of the virus, but can work a little short term for people who are isolated?

She is likely differentiating between regular face diapers and high grade masks worn according to actual protocols.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: Severinus on January 21, 2022, 08:46:31 AM

She is likely differentiating between regular face diapers and high grade masks worn according to actual protocols.

Fake news.

Achieving a 50% or even 90% reduction is a wasted effort when you consider the thousands upon thousands of particles that are exhaled every time someone coughs.

This is the only kind of mask that prevents the spread of "covid":

this page left intentionally blank

Severinus

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on January 21, 2022, 08:57:56 AM
Quote from: Severinus on January 21, 2022, 08:46:31 AM

Fake news.

Achieving a 50% or even 90% reduction is a wasted effort when you consider the thousands upon thousands of particles that are exhaled every time someone coughs.

This is the only kind of mask that prevents the spread of "covid":

I am not a mask advocate, and it sounds like Lauermar only advocates for masks in the hospital or LTC setting, so I don't see a need to respond so defensively. I consider it obvious that in limited, professional settings, somewhat effective mask protocols could be implemented. Even if we grant that only full face masks with chemical pucks are sufficiently effective, I happen to work in a field where I sometimes wear such a mask for several hours a day, so I understand that it can be done. The question is not whether masks could be effective at limiting covid spread in LTC etc. setting, but whether, once second and third order effects are considered, the medical effect of such fastidiousness is at all worthwhile. I argued in another thread that it is probably not.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: Severinus on January 21, 2022, 09:19:45 AM
I consider it obvious that in limited, professional settings, somewhat effective mask protocols could be implemented.

You would be wrong.

Safe distance is 27 feet and tHe ViRuS can linger in the air for 30 minutes:
https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/coronavirus/article241664666.html

Given this, if a mask is 90% effective, that means it's 10% ineffective, and those 10% of particles will travel up to 27 feet and remain in the air for hours.

Pretending that a mask can prevent the spread of something as small as a virus is absolutely asinine and hysterical covidian theater.
this page left intentionally blank

lauermar

Quote from: MaximGun on January 20, 2022, 11:53:49 PM
Have you worn a mask, during the last 2 years, at work or in the supermarket, church or on public transport or elsewhere?  I am talking expressly for the purposes of Covid rules or mandates?

Husband and I are required to wear masks on the job by our employers. We are also required to wear masks in public in Illinois because of the corrupt Governor Pritzker. Illinois was one of 6 states in the USA to hold onto the mask mandate long after other states gave up on it.

I said this before, I hope I don't have to say it again. Most of you already know that we work for healthcare providers, so this should be easy for you people to comprehend. Just because we're forced to do something doesn't mean we approve of it. I don't like Pritzker using my taxes to support abortion either.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

MaximGun

So you are saying the everyone in Illinois wore them when in public?

Nobody refused?  Nobody got themselves a fake medical exemption for asthma?

The Curt Jester

Quote from: MaximGun on January 27, 2022, 10:05:13 AM
So you are saying the everyone in Illinois wore them when in public?

Nobody refused?  Nobody got themselves a fake medical exemption for asthma?

I live in Illinois.  After the first couple of months (during which I hardly wore a mask except in a few places) I ditched it.   No need for a fake medical exemption.  Plenty of people do the same as I do.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"